Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 10678
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jun 5 2020 1:15 AM

I still remember when I saw this for the first time in the dead-tree edition: unwieldingly large format, a cover with some characters, among them a very stereotypical-looking Jesus. Did someone really dare to put words into Jesus' mouth he might say over a cup of Java? And - which words? I looked into it and was hooked - a must-buy. 

Today I see this book and its sequel on sale in the FL eBooks store - of course I got them as fast as my mouse can click a sale to completion! (and, lucky me: they've been published by IVP, not by Zondervan or Nelson, so the bits are allowed to download to Europe) But I admit to some trepidation, we all have seen some comic books where the automated production process separated text and pictures into a rather unpleasant reading experience (which again means: buy what you want as soon as you see it, before FL takes it down after a complaint in the forums). With Coffee with Jesus here: no issue

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 1959
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 5 2020 4:49 AM

Thanks for pointing these out.  

Coffee

Posts 630
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 5 2020 10:07 AM

Thanks for pointing out these even existed on FL. While I've occasionally disagreed with the theology, I've more often than not enjoyed them. I have them bookmarked for when I get paid Smile

WIN 10 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM

Ultimate: Verbum | Diamond: Orthodox  | Gold: Eastern Rite, Ordinariate, Anglican | Silver: Standard | Bronze: Lutheran | Starter: Baptist, Messianic, Methodist, Pentecostal, Reformed, SDA

Posts 2648
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 5 2020 10:59 AM

Thanks! Mick

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 265
Roy | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 5 2020 3:30 PM

Hook, Line, and Sinker... reeled me in too! Cool

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS