Apple Silicon

Page 3 of 3 (45 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 44 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 14
Mike Prewitt | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 25 2020 7:21 PM

David Wanat:

Doesn’t FL recommend some sort of graphics card for optimal performance on the desktop? Unless the iPad Pro has it and I missed it, I imagine there might be a performance decline if I’m not wrong (again)

Apple demonstrated macOS running on Apple silicon using their  A12Z Bionic SoC, which is the same chip used in the current iPad Pro. 

So, the iPad Pro has the performance to run a desktop-like version of Logos. It’s just that the frameworks and APIs are not identical. 

Posts 576
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 25 2020 8:14 PM

I was referencing this: https://support.logos.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007554992-Recommended-Hardware-and-Software

which recommends: 

• 1GB+ DirectX11 Compatible Video Card

WIN 10 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM

Ultimate: Verbum | Diamond: Orthodox  | Gold: Eastern Rite, Ordinariate | Silver: Anglican | Bronze: Standard, Lutheran | Starter: Baptist, Messianic, Methodist, Pentecostal, Reformed, SDA

Posts 14
Mike Prewitt | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 26 2020 5:13 AM

David Wanat:

I was referencing this: https://support.logos.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007554992-Recommended-Hardware-and-Software

which recommends: 

• 1GB+ DirectX11 Compatible Video Card

The A12Z Bionic used in the iPad Pro comes with an eight-core CPU and eight-core graphics processor, which is capable of editing 4K videos, handling native 3D designing and performing augmented reality. 

It can handle running the desktop version of Logos.

Posts 576
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 26 2020 6:09 AM

Ok, that’s what I wanted to know. Thanks

WIN 10 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM

Ultimate: Verbum | Diamond: Orthodox  | Gold: Eastern Rite, Ordinariate | Silver: Anglican | Bronze: Standard, Lutheran | Starter: Baptist, Messianic, Methodist, Pentecostal, Reformed, SDA

Posts 6
Nick Stapleton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 26 2020 9:25 AM

+1 for Full Logos on iPad. Apple's continued iPadOS development has demonstrated that the iPad is able to be a true computer replacement. Running the iPhone app on the iPad is dated and insufficient for those who want to do meaningful sermon prep or academic work on the iPad. 

I can't imagine FaithLife neglecting support for Apple Silicon with how many Mac users they have in their user base.

I hope Logos is ready to roll on Day 1 with Apple Silicon.

Page 3 of 3 (45 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS