Handout in Alpha 24???

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 24 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 71
Mariano Proto | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jul 2 2010 10:47 AM

hey i can ask too... any info about handout feature coming soon??? I hear that it will be 2 more releases of Alpha before go to Beta...so any body know handout will be this one or next???

Posts 1014
LogosEmployee
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 2 2010 10:53 AM

Mariano Proto:
I hear that it will be 2 more releases of Alpha before go to Beta

I'm not sure where you've heard this rumor, but I wouldn't put much stock in it (and there are few who are more in the know than the development lead for the project Smile).

Mariano Proto:
any info about handout feature coming soon?

As noted in another thread, we've removed the UI for creating handouts from the Mac version pending a rewrite of the feature for the Windows version. Once the rewrite is done, we'll be bringing it over to the Mac—or we might rewrite it first for the Mac and then backport it to Windows.

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Logos Bible Software

Posts 71
Mariano Proto | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 2 2010 11:02 AM

in other word not now but in the near future??

Posts 260
Michael Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 2 2010 11:36 AM

So, will Handout morph into this thing called Lesson Builder that i have heard about but not experienced but eager to use, as I am fairly new to Logos.

Posts 1204
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 2 2010 6:40 PM

Based on feedback for the handout feature in Windows, we're going to do a re-implementation around a different architecture. This will delay handouts availability on the Mac, but result in a much better feature on both platforms.

Sorry!

Posts 7119
Forum MVP
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 8 2010 6:18 AM

Bob Pritchett:

Based on feedback for the handout feature in Windows, we're going to do a re-implementation around a different architecture. This will delay handouts availability on the Mac, but result in a much better feature on both platforms.

Sorry!

This is my new favorite-ist post ever!   Don't get me wrong, I mourn with my Mac bretheren that there will be a feature parity delay in handouts for them.  I do, but to hear of a re-implementation of handouts.... it fills me with giddy anticipation!  Whoo Whoo!

Posts 71
Mariano Proto | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 8 2010 6:51 AM

thanks Bob for hearing our request about handouts. Now is there any time frame or anticipation when we'll see them on place???

Posts 1627
Forum MVP
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 8 2010 8:24 AM

I'm like you; I would like this feature yesterday, but I guess that Cameron's post in http://community.logos.com/forums/t/6747.aspx about when Logos 4 Mac will be ready is appropriate here:

5b) When will my favorite feature be implemented?

As soon as possible ;-).

5c) I really want my favorite feature to be finished soon! Is there anything I can do about it?

We can't make any gurantees, but some users may wish to consider Proverbs 17:8 (http://ref.ly/Pr17.8). Offerings of steak, cake and other delicious food may be sent to: 

Logos Bible Software

ATTN: Mac Team

1313 Commercial St.

Bellingham, WA 98225

Wink

So we'll just have to be content and patient. Angel

iMac 21.5" • 3.06 GHz • 12GB RAM • Mavericks 10.9.2 • 1 TB HDD

MacBook Air 13.3" • 1.8 GHz • 4 GB RAM • Mavericks 10.9.2 • 256 GB SSD

iPad 64GB WiFi

iPhone 5s 32 GB

Posts 1109
William Bingham | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 10 2010 9:59 PM

Bob Pritchett:

Based on feedback for the handout feature in Windows, we're going to result in a much better feature on both platforms.

OH YEAH Baby!!!!      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdfiQHfxe18

Posts 71
Mariano Proto | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 12 2010 5:52 PM

I promise if you make available handout feature in A26 I will take you guys to Argentina where they have the best BEEF of the World!!!! :) 

Posts 682
LogosEmployee
Cameron Watters (Logos) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 12 2010 6:09 PM

Mariano Proto:

I promise if you make available handout feature in A26 I will take you guys to Argentina where they have the best BEEF of the World!!!! :) 

Handouts probably won't appear on the Mac for quite a while. That's the gist of Bob's and David's posts on this topic above and in other threads. Because there are plans to rewrite the feature on Windows, we're not going to spend the time getting the current handouts feature working on the Mac.

Development Manager

Posts 71
Mariano Proto | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 13 2010 4:45 AM

Ok...I guess we gotta be patience with this feature...hopefully will be a much better tool that it's now

Posts 692
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 14 2010 9:26 PM

Bob Pritchett:

Sorry!

Will it be more on par with lesson software such as Logos Lesson Builder and LESSONmaker? If so, that'd be so amazing!

Nathan Parker

President/CEO

Mallard Computer, Inc.

Posts 431
David Buckham | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 20 2011 6:45 PM

BUMP. So what's happening with Handouts? It's been a while since anything has been said...just curious.

all about Christ,

David Buckham

http://thinkspurlove.blogspot.com

Posts 1806
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Logos) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 20 2011 8:24 PM

David Buckham:

BUMP. So what's happening with Handouts? It's been a while since anything has been said...just curious.

Currently, we're focusing on getting Print/Export plus the other 4.2a features wrapped up. Handouts rewrite is still a future TODO.

Mac Developer
Logos Bible Software

Posts 97
Tom Gindrup | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 21 2011 11:33 AM

Tom, thanks for the update.  I use the hand outs feature all the time and would cast my vote for making it better (when the time is right).  Logos has done some amazing things to advance Bible study software and I can only imagine what will become of hand outs once it's in their cross-hairs.

Posts 1768
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 3 2011 5:52 PM

I don't know if this can be done, because I haven't played with handouts that much, but it'd be nice to be able to copy and paste pictures or have an extra option similar to "send to power point" but for it to say "send to current handout, X handout, or new handout."

Thanks!

Douglas

Posts 441
Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 27 2011 4:08 PM

Anything new on handouts???

Posts 13040
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 27 2011 8:10 PM

Alexander Longacre:

Anything new on handouts???

Not yet.  Workaround is using Personal Books (released with Logos 4.3).

Logos 4.5 development is focused on sync v2 framework improvement and implementation for cross platform sync (in any direction).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1806
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Logos) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 28 2011 9:37 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
Logos 4.5 development is focused on sync v2 framework improvement and implementation for cross platform sync (in any direction).

Not to mention text scaling on Mac for non-resource display panels (e.g. reading lists, explorer, notes, guides, passage lists, etc.),  notes and highlighting changes/improvements, and on page footnotes in paged view in resources, I think there are some Mac/Windows parity issues being addressed too.

But, you are correct, handouts is still Windows only for now.

Mac Developer
Logos Bible Software

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS