Faithlife Live Stream

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1276
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jun 26 2020 11:12 AM

I'm considering Faithlife Live Stream for my church.  I'd be interested to hear from users.  We currently use a live streaming service that allows us to stream live from different homes and include pre-recorded worship songs, etc.  We envisage being able to stream from church soon, but with many still being required or choosing to view from home.  So we want to be able to live streaming the preaching from church, but to play pre-recorded worship songs to those in the church, but also viewing at home.  Our current service is problematic with certain browsers and prone to freezing during videos.

During a demo today Proclaim and Faithlife TV were regularly mentioned.  I was told they're not essential, but would be keen to hear from others who have or haven't integrated those options into Faithlife Live Stream.

It would be great too to watch a service that uses Faithlife Live Stream if anyone would be willing to share a link to their church service using it.

Any thoughts from those using the Faithlife Live Stream service?

Posts 1276
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 28 2020 4:33 AM

Perhaps no one here is using the Faithlife Live Stream package.

We want to stream from church live, but as we want to include recorded contributions, such as worship music as that will be excluded, what packages have others used that will met that requirement? We want the recorded elements to be streamed direct to the streaming feed and not a video camera pointing at an overhead screen.

Posts 853
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 28 2020 10:51 AM

Our church uses Vimeo LiveStream, which you can access via Internet, Roku and perhaps other sources. https://www.fbcmedford.org/

Roku LiveStream fbcmedford

I watch it live via Roku and also via Internet from the website. We also allow viewing of past services. The next live service will be in a few minutes: 11 am PDT.

Posts 1276
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 28 2020 11:42 AM

Dale E Heath:

Our church uses Vimeo LiveStream, which you can access via Internet, Roku and perhaps other sources. https://www.fbcmedford.org/

Roku LiveStream fbcmedford

I watch it live via Roku and also via Internet from the website. We also allow viewing of past services. The next live service will be in a few minutes: 11 am PDT.

Thanks Dale

Is everything live from church or can you included pre-recorded material in the live stream too?

Posts 853
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 28 2020 6:21 PM

Yes, when necessary or desired, video messages are pre-recorded, then played at the desired time. You can call the number and speak to the Associate Pastor or send an email.

Posts 10
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 28 2020 7:43 PM

Any streaming service you use will run this. In Proclaim, I add the prerecorded elements as video in the presentation, set to auto play. Then I switch to a lower thirds slide with the green background for the live part. It should be fairly easy. We use castr.io to restream to Facebook, Youtube and our website for like $150 a year. 

Posts 1276
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 28 2020 10:13 PM

Justin Gatlin:

Any streaming service you use will run this. In Proclaim, I add the prerecorded elements as video in the presentation, set to auto play. Then I switch to a lower thirds slide with the green background for the live part. It should be fairly easy. We use castr.io to restream to Facebook, Youtube and our website for like $150 a year. 

Thanks Justin. I wonder what extra Faithlife Live Stream gives then as that's nearer $1000 a year.

Posts 2005
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 29 2020 7:51 AM

Paul Caneparo:

Paul, the Faithlife Group is a better place to connect with Proclaim users. https://faithlife.com/proclaim/activity There is significant info there about different video mixers and livestream providers.

P.S. Our church doesn't use Faithlife Livestream, I just know I have had to scroll past a lot of technical questions about how do do what you are wanting to do.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 1276
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 29 2020 8:13 AM

David Thomas:

Paul Caneparo:

Paul, the Faithlife Group is a better place to connect with Proclaim users. https://faithlife.com/proclaim/activity There is significant info there about different video mixers and livestream providers.

P.S. Our church doesn't use Faithlife Livestream, I just know I have had to scroll past a lot of technical questions about how do do what you are wanting to do.

Thanks. I couldn't see a Live Stream forum, but didn't consider a Proclaim Group.

Posts 10
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 7 2020 9:12 PM

Paul Caneparo:

Justin Gatlin:

Thanks Justin. I wonder what extra Faithlife Live Stream gives then as that's nearer $1000 a year.

I spent some time on the phone with sales and could never figure it out either, which is why we have not switched. I think they include online giving, but we found a competitor much cheaper. I am used to paying more for Faithlife products but also used to seeing more value. 

Posts 1276
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 8 2020 2:31 AM

Justin Gatlin:

Paul Caneparo:

Justin Gatlin:

I spent some time on the phone with sales and could never figure it out either, which is why we have not switched. I think they include online giving, but we found a competitor much cheaper. I am used to paying more for Faithlife products but also used to seeing more value. 

I agree. I had a so-called demo and was none the wiser after, as I didn't really get what I would call a demo. It was more a discussion, but often with no clear answers. I even got sign off from the church last night to trial for 3 months, but may push for a proper demo first before the free trial, as we don't want to confuse the congregation by switching away from our current platform if Faithlife's isn't any better.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS