AYB: Lost Sheep Edition

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 10960
Denise | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jun 27 2020 9:01 AM

Just the continuing saga of the Logos.com search process.

I THOUGHT I had all the AYB volumes. But, nooooo. Only when I re-found Verbum Biblicum Standard (an unbelievable collection), did I notice a lost sheep! AYB Amos 2017.

So, I typed in Anchor Yale Bible, selected the suggested AYB, and then un-owned (see below). No lost sheep in sight.

Then, I went to AYB Amos, selected the series name, un-owned and kazaam! The lost sheep!! Baaaah!  Logos.com is so fun.

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 2649
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 27 2020 9:57 AM

Did you choose AYB(90 vols.)?

Edit: Oh. I now see what you mean! Logos is so cryptic.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 2649
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 27 2020 10:39 AM

I only see it among the Verbum Biblicum Standard package and as a sole resource listed by author. What is Logos up to?

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 29117
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 27 2020 3:02 PM

Beloved Amodeo:

I only see it among the Verbum Biblicum Standard package and as a sole resource listed by author. What is Logos up to?

Fact: The Biblicum is short for the Pontifical Biblical Institute think research and postgraduate education. The Biblicum packages are designed to meet the needs of their students. Speculation: It may be that Logos/Verbum only has limited rights to the resource e.g. for Biblicum products/students only. Moral: check the actual resource.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 10683
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 27 2020 3:10 PM

MJ. Smith:
Speculation: It may be that Logos/Verbum only has limited rights to the resource e.g. for Biblicum products/students only.

I don't think so, seems freely available: https://www.logos.com/product/165395/amos-a-new-translation-with-introduction-and-commentary 

The point is that the title doesn't have the (AYB) in it, and it's a new book from 2017 that has not been put into the AYB bundle, that's all. EDIT: it does come up when looking for the publisher, or when using the series facet for the AYB commentaries 

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 10960
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 27 2020 3:24 PM

NB.Mick:
The point is that the title doesn't have the (AYB) in it,

Yes ... when I found it in Biblicum, the only immediate clue was squinting at the cover. Scrolling down, of course, the series. But it suggests they search the title, and description, but not series.

I couldn't figure out the connect of Brown's and Fitzmyer's volumes (above image).

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 3705
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 27 2020 3:33 PM

NB.Mick:
The point is that the title doesn't have the (AYB) in it, and it's a new book from 2017 that has not been put into the AYB bundle, that's all.

Yes

Denise:
Scrolling down, of course, the series. But it suggests they search the title, and description, but not series.

Yes, exactly. I reported your issue in the Logos.com forum for better visibility, and came to the same conclusion as you.

Not sure how the text search can be improved, other then adding the series to the title of the volume, but perhaps FL will have other ideas on how to resolve this search vs. filter issue.

My top three Logos 9 Wishlist items: Carta, Dark mode, and Hebrew audio bible, please.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS