DATA BUG: Using Concordance Guide/Intertext on Matt. 26:31

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 540
David P. Moore | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jun 28 2020 12:32 PM

I was looking at the different allusions/references in Mt:26 to the OT and noticed that Mt26:31 doesn't make the list, where Jesus is clearly referring to Zech13:7. Why does it not appear, or am I misunderstanding what Intertext is used for?

Posts 29123
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 28 2020 2:55 PM

According to the "About" function on the New Testament Use of the Old Testament, Jones, David A. Old Testament Quotations and Allusions in the New Testament. Bellingham, WA: Logos Bible Software, 2009. is the source of the data. I would look there for an answer. Alternatively, I would check Beale, G. K., and D. A. Carson. Commentary on the New Testament Use of the Old Testament. Grand Rapids, MI;  Nottingham, UK: Baker Academic;  Apollos, 2007. to see if it links the passages and read the discussion why/why not.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 89
Karl Fritz Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 28 2020 3:22 PM

This looks like a mistake.  It should be there, including according to the Old Testament Quotations and Allusions

Posts 29123
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 28 2020 3:33 PM

Then report it as a data bug i.e. add DATA BUG to the title line ... or make a new post with the DATA BUG tag and link it to this thread.  Either way, Faithlife should see and acknowledge it.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 540
David P. Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 28 2020 6:27 PM

Thanks, I changed the title line. I really thought I was missing something.

Posts 89
Karl Fritz Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 30 2020 9:19 AM

Bump

Posts 809
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 3 2020 2:50 PM

David P. Moore:

I was looking at the different allusions/references in Mt:26 to the OT and noticed that Mt26:31 doesn't make the list, where Jesus is clearly referring to Zech13:7. Why does it not appear, or am I misunderstanding what Intertext is used for?

As MJ suggests, that looks like a clear data error. I'll create a case to get that fixed. 

Posts 540
David P. Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 3 2020 9:12 PM

Thanks much, Sean.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS