Could we remove restrictions

Page 1 of 1 (18 items)
This post has 17 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 7534
DAL | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jul 2 2020 10:59 AM

Can the purchase only one per customer restriction be removed from the additional Mobile Ed courses? I can get sermon on the mount separate for $34.99, but then I’m forced to choose between The Parables of Jesus or the Dead Sea Scrolls Mobile Eds.  Why offer four for $34.99 if we can only buy one? That’s not how it’s been done for the additional resources in the past.  It’s a sale and we‘ll still pay 💰 

Just a thought 💭 

DAL

Posts 843
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 2 2020 11:18 AM

If I had to make a guess, they're offering one as a $34.99 sale and allowing the buyer a choice on which one, but don't intend that to be interpreted as all of the options for $34.99

WIN 10 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM | iPad Air 3
Verbum 9 Platinum

Posts 3831
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 2 2020 11:24 AM

I think it's because it's a free course offer. Get a fourth course for $34.99, not a sale on the items.

Thanks to FL for including Carta and a Hebrew audio bible in Logos 9!

Posts 7534
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 2 2020 3:00 PM

PetahChristian:

I think it's because it's a free course offer. Get a fourth course for $34.99, not a sale on the items.

Well, in the past (if my mind serves me correctly) they’ve given a free course too, along with others at a discounted price.  Actually they did twice: 1) the Clarity of Scriptures along with other courses and most recently, the courses by NT Wright — and now these we have in sale, except this time they added more, but we have to choose one over the other when we could get four at a great price.  But oh well, I may have to choose just one if it comes down to it.

DAL

Posts 3831
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 2 2020 3:53 PM

DAL:
except this time they added more

In the past, if you already owned any of the free books of the month, you missed out.

So it’s a nice touch to be able to choose which course you want for $34.99!

Posts 7534
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 2 2020 4:21 PM

PetahChristian:

DAL:
except this time they added more

In the past, if you already owned any of the free books of the month, you missed out.

So it’s a nice touch to be able to choose which course you want for $34.99!

Not arguing here but, that’s not the point I’m trying to make and yours is not a valid point either because if I already owned all the courses, I’d still be missing out anyway.  So it’d still be nice if they removed the ”only one per customer” restriction.  It makes better sense

👍😁👌

DAL

Posts 1484
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 2 2020 9:29 PM

DAL:

Can the purchase only one per customer restriction be removed from the additional Mobile Ed courses? I can get sermon on the mount separate for $34.99, but then I’m forced to choose between The Parables of Jesus or the Dead Sea Scrolls Mobile Eds.  Why offer four for $34.99 if we can only buy one? That’s not how it’s been done for the additional resources in the past.  It’s a sale and we‘ll still pay 💰 

Just a thought 💭 

DAL

I would love to see that as well.  I accidentally clicked on one of the $34.99 choices that was "adjacent" to the one I meant to select.  I didn't realize it until after I downloaded the new purchases to my library.  Tongue Tied

I was about to contact sales to ask them to switch out the one I ordered for the one I meant to order, but then, without realizing we were limited to just one course from each price category, I decided to take a closer look at my accidental purchase.  After doing that, I decided to just keep it AND order the one I meant to order.  When the intended course came up as full price in my cart, I thought it was just a glitch, so I removed it from my cart and tried again.  It was on the second attempt that I realized my cart was showing a coupon code for that price of courses had already been used.  That was my "Aha!" moment.  Sure enough, when I went back to the page listing the courses, it did say we were limited to one course from each price category.

I'm not at all complaining--very appreciative of the sale offerings.  But I guess I'll have to call sales after all to swap my accidental purchase for my intended purchase. Wink

Posts 2622
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 2 2020 11:20 PM

I saw it in another thread, but haven't tried:

Take a look at that code, and extrapolate to make up a new code.

Maybe it works.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 949
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 3 2020 1:20 AM

Sorry, I seem to have missed this. Which sale is this?

Posts 23318
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 3 2020 2:52 AM

Armin:

Sorry, I seem to have missed this. Which sale is this?

It is the free book of the month sale for July - https://www.logos.com/free-book-of-the-month 

Posts 7534
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 3 2020 5:28 AM
Jan Krohn:

I saw it in another thread, but haven't tried:

Take a look at that code, and extrapolate to make up a new code.

Maybe it works.

Explain extrapolate, please. DAL
Posts 555
Michael Kinch | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 3 2020 7:51 AM

The Mobile Ed: NT251 The Sermon on the Mount course is in the topic of the month sale as well as one of the fourth choices in the free book of the month option. If I pick up this as a topic of the month can I also choose another option it the fourth choice in the free book of the month?

Posts 3831
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 3 2020 7:58 AM

Yes. Just make sure that the free book of the month coupon is not used for the topic of the month sale, or that would also count as your fourth choice.

This should not be an issue normally. (You would have had to added a fourth choice to your cart, but then removed the choice without removing its corresponding coupon, to run into problems like that.)

Posts 555
Michael Kinch | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 3 2020 8:03 AM

PetahChristian:

Yes. Just make sure that the free book of the month coupon is not used for the topic of the month sale, or that would also count as your fourth choice.

This should not be an issue normally. (You would have had to added a fourth choice to your cart, but then removed the choice without removing its corresponding coupon, to run into problems like that.)

Thanks PetahChristian

Posts 2622
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 3 2020 8:19 AM

DAL:

Increase the ordinal in the code by one.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 7534
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 3 2020 8:34 AM

Jan Krohn:

DAL:

Increase the ordinal in the code by one.

But what if I already used fourth and fifth? Would sixth work? The reason I ask is because I bought a $59.99 course (Interpreting NT Genres BI260) and The Dead Sea Scrolls and the NT NT306). A fourth and a fifth course pretty much.

DAL

Ps. I might give sales a call if anything if not no biggie, other sales will come along 👍😁👌

Posts 982
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 3 2020 10:17 AM

DAL:

But what if I already used fourth and fifth? Would sixth work? The reason I ask is because I bought a $59.99 course (Interpreting NT Genres BI260) and The Dead Sea Scrolls and the NT NT306). A fourth and a fifth course pretty much.

DAL

Ps. I might give sales a call if anything if not no biggie, other sales will come along 👍😁👌

Maybe your girlfriend would like to buy one on her account Big SmileBig Smile

Posts 7534
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 3 2020 11:05 AM

David Carter:

DAL:

DAL

Maybe your girlfriend would like to buy one on her account Big SmileBig Smile

Nah, then I’d have to pay $20 to transfer it.  She’s not really into mobile ed.  I wasn’t either, but after watching a few I got hooked, she hasn’t. 🤔 She did like the Leviticus one, but Moo she couldn’t watch anymore 😁

Page 1 of 1 (18 items) | RSS