exegetical guide

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 862
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jul 4 2020 4:47 PM

I want to run an exegetical guide on a lxx passage.

It won't let me.  I want to do the word by word thing.  It shows me the Hebrew and Greek texts side by side.  I click on the Greek word, and it runs a search for the corresponding Hebrew word.

What am I missing here?

Posts 22829
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 4 2020 11:14 PM

Larry Craig:
It won't let me.  I want to do the word by word thing.  It shows me the Hebrew and Greek texts side by side.  I click on the Greek word, and it runs a search for the corresponding Hebrew word.

What Bible do you have selected in the word-by-word section?

Posts 862
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 5 2020 5:23 AM

I use Swete's LXX, which I guess has an interlinear, because I can highlight across Bibles.

I just ordered the Lexham edition.  It's downloading now.  I'll let you know what happens.

Posts 22829
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 5 2020 5:41 AM

Larry Craig:
I use Swete's LXX, which I guess has an interlinear, because I can highlight across Bibles.

It looks as though this doesn't appear in that section for reasons I don't understand!

Posts 862
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 5 2020 5:51 AM

OK, that's working.

Thank you very much.  I appreciate that.

Now is there any way to shut off the interlinear.  I was surprised that I was able to do that with an interlinear apostolic fathers.  I don't see that option here.  

I guess my question is: is there another LXX which would work with the exegetical guide and allow me to shut off the interlinear?

I'm asking so much.

Posts 22829
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 5 2020 1:24 PM

Larry Craig:
Now is there any way to shut off the interlinear.  I was surprised that I was able to do that with an interlinear apostolic fathers.  I don't see that option here.  

Sorry - which resource are you using here? I wasn't sure what you actually ordered and downloaded.

Please post a screenshot (using the paperclip icon)

Posts 862
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 5 2020 1:29 PM

Ah, I did it.

I shut off the interlinear.

Thank you for writing back.  It made me look again, and I figured out what the problem was.

whoopie!!

Thanks again!

Posts 25735
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 5 2020 1:29 PM

Larry Craig:
I guess my question is: is there another LXX which would work with the exegetical guide and allow me to shut off the interlinear?

If you want to query the Greek, use Lexham Greek-English Interlinear Septuagint, Swete.Edition, Lexham Greek-English Interlinear Septuagint, Rahlfs.Edition, or LES with English-Greek Reverse Interlinear

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 862
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 5 2020 2:00 PM

Thanks, Dave

Graham suggested that, so I downloaded it, and it works/

Thanks again, I appreciate it.

Posts 22829
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 5 2020 2:23 PM

Larry Craig: