Help for rural pastors

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1
Gregg Beecher | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jul 6 2020 9:34 AM
My name is Gregg Beecher, pastor of a rural church in New Mexico. I have enjoyed using Logos Software for many years, sometimes as a paying customer and more recently as a user of the Free version of Logos 8.  There are tools are use often that help me in Bible study research and in preparation for my weekly messages. Unfortunately I find that some of what you offer is cost prohibitive for rural pastors of small churches with limited resources. Could you either figure out a way to offer tools like the Canvas as an a la carte option or offer scholarships for pastors whose congregations are small yet doing productive work in their community? I cannot justify paying $549 just to gain access to the Canvas tool. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Posts 2189
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 6 2020 11:35 AM

Gregg Beecher:
Unfortunately I find that some of what you offer is cost prohibitive for rural pastors of small churches with limited resources.

Gregg, welcome to the Forums!

I also am pastoring a rural congregation in East-central Kansas. So I understand the dilemma in which you find yourself. I have found the datasets and features that I access via Faithlife Connect to be an affordable way to gain access to all features. There were some packages available previously that are no longer available, but it is still a worthy consideration in my mind. (I am one of the weekly users of the Canvas utility.)

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 18630
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 6 2020 11:42 AM

Gregg Beecher:
I cannot justify paying $549 just to gain access to the Canvas tool.

Welcome Big Smile

Canvas page => https://www.logos.com/product/183821/canvas shows inclusion in some monthly subscriptions plus lowest priced package => https://www.logos.com/product/171296/verbum-8-clergy-starter has a regular price of $ 299.99 (that can be reduced by Dynamic Pricing), which includes resources for Greek and Hebrew Syntax searching along with Canvas. Thankful for Faithlife resources being usable in Logos and Verbum (personally have both applications open at the same time). Terminology of Homiley in Verbum is similar to Sermon in Logos so Verbum Advanced Homiletic Training should provide some Sermon preparation ideas.

Gregg Beecher:
I have enjoyed using Logos Software for many years, sometimes as a paying customer and more recently as a user of the Free version of Logos 8. 

Curious if using more than one email account for your Logos ?

Personally have one email for my purchased library and another one for my demonstration account (order total of $ 0.00 includes Logos 8 Fundamentals by using a coupon to "pay" special price after free Logos 7 Fundamentals gift from Logos 8 Upgrade). For Bible reading and study, am finding my demonstration account to be a bit quicker (smaller library and fewer features enabled). Purchased library is useful for topical research plus Syntax & Clause searching.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS