Back to Libronix for Now

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 245
Pastor James | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jul 3 2010 11:54 AM

I know we are in Alpha, etc, but the last two versions have been unusable for me. Every time I try to use Logos 4 Mac, I end up with the never ending spinning disc. Am I unique in this experience?

Posts 5165
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 3 2010 12:14 PM

JamesAlexander:
. Am I unique in this experience?

Hi James,

You might not be... but ...

In order to find out if the fix to your problem is a simple matter the clever people will need two things.

1. A description of what you are doing at the point at which the disc starts spinning and information on whether Logos can be quit normally or needs a force quit.

2. The logs produced by your program at the point that the disc starts spinning.

Instructions for posting logs are in the 'How to report Bugs' entry at the top of the forum.

The chances are that there will be a workaround that will at least allow you to proceed.

tootle pip

Mike

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 71
Romulo de Amorim Correa | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 3 2010 2:16 PM

James,

I am having the same experience here. What I Am finding out is that every time I try to do the automatic update to a new Alpha verson the spinning disc appears. What I did was to download the new version direct from the logos website and reinstall as a new application. It worked and the spinning disc disappears.

Romulo

Romulo Corrêa

Brasília - Brazil

Posts 245
Pastor James | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 5 2010 8:58 AM

Thanks Romulo,

I think your suggestion worked.

Posts 1875
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 5 2010 9:13 AM

I must admit that I never do an automatic update. I always update from the link and I have never had any problems in installing and running the program.

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 3.6GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.15.5; 1TB SSD; Logos 8

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.13.6; 256GB SSD; Logos 8

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 13.5.1

iPhone 8+ 64GB iOS 13.5.1

Posts 235
Stephen Ashton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 5 2010 2:51 PM

I normally update manually. but I have also let the automatic update run too. Both methods are usually problem free.

Read FAQ and Guide for Reporting Bugs.

13" Macbook • 2GHz • 2GB RAM • OS 10.6.6 • 160GB Hard Drive

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS