apostolic fathers again

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 20 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 873
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jul 28 2020 5:23 AM

I find this strange.

I'm reading the apostolic fathers.  If I double click on a word in the English text, BAGD opens up to the word.  If I double click on the Greek text word, I get a search panel.

I suppose I could just click on the English and ignore this, but I really would like to know what's going on with this.

Thank you in advance.

Posts 22978
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 28 2020 5:59 AM

Larry Craig:
If I double click on a word in the English text, BAGD opens up to the word.  If I double click on the Greek text word, I get a search panel.

What are your Double-Click Action and Triple-Click Action settings in Program Settings

I find it quite sensitive and sometimes when I am clicking three times, Logos selects the double-click action!

Posts 873
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 28 2020 6:57 AM

the double click is lookup, and the triple click is highlight paragraph.  Like I said, a double click on the English brings up the Greek lexicon.  Why doesn't it do that for the Greek text?

Posts 22978
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 28 2020 7:36 AM

Larry Craig:
Like I said, a double click on the English brings up the Greek lexicon.  Why doesn't it do that for the Greek text?

I’m afraid I don’t know - they both bring up the lexicon for me.

Posts 567
LogosEmployee
Joe McCune (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 28 2020 8:02 AM

Hi Larry,

What operating system are you using on your computer?

Posts 873
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 28 2020 8:15 AM

windows 7

Posts 873
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 28 2020 8:16 AM

thanks for taking the time to check it out.

Posts 567
LogosEmployee
Joe McCune (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 28 2020 3:20 PM

Larry Craig:

windows 7

I am sorry, Larry, but Faithlife no longer supports Windows 7, which is an outdated version of Windows.  This thread shows the announcement we made about this earlier this year.  Our Logos Minimum System Requirements article also confirms that Logos 8 is not compatible with this version of Windows.  

I would recommend using a compatible operating system if at all possible.  Logos users who use our software in older operating systems might be able to give you advice about how to make the best use of Logos 8 in in Windows 7, but mileage may vary.

Posts 873
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 28 2020 5:44 PM

wow, Joe

I don't know what that means.  It's working.   Sometimes it bogs down, but it's certainly livable.

My understanding is that if I went with Windows 10, I would need a clean install.  In the old days, programs were all on discs, but now they are all downloads.  So I would have to go to Microsoft and fiddle around with passwords and licenses and I have other programs I don't even know they have downloads anymore.  I'm putting the whole thing off as long as possible.

Posts 11060
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 28 2020 6:03 PM

Larry Craig:
I'm putting the whole thing off as long as possible.

Me too, but all I have left running on my W7 is L7 and my own software. Works fine, and L8 was a sleeper, unless you need help with Sunday sermons. If Logos finally roled out a good search UI, I'd switch (though the Mac Logos version seems to have issues; I thought maybe with the new chips).

I was able to repeat your problem, but nothing to do with W7. More to do with PC-power. It had to do with the 'corresponding' visual filter settings. The timing between a single click and the next click re-interpreted the actions. And the difference in english and greek was how long it took to find the matching lexicon (english considerably longer).

But I doubt that's your cause.

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 873
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 28 2020 6:05 PM

I can work around it, so it's livable.  I was just really curious what was going on.

But thank you for getting involved with my stuff.

Posts 873
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 28 2020 6:07 PM

I didn't say thank you for responding.  I appreciate that.  thank you

Posts 25818
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 28 2020 8:18 PM

Larry Craig:
I'm reading the apostolic fathers.  If I double click on a word in the English text, BAGD opens up to the word.  If I double click on the Greek text word, I get a search panel.

If you are double clicking an Apostolic Fathers with interlinear (English and/or Greek)

• An English surface word goes to Greek Lexicon provided Prefer Lemmas is set in Program Settings
  • I have to click on a Greek lemma to open a lexicon

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 873
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 29 2020 4:36 AM

thanks, Dave

I was saying that when I clicked on the Greek lemma, a search panel opens us.

I can just add the note twice.

That's OK.

thanks again

Posts 3985
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 29 2020 6:05 AM

Larry Craig:

wow, Joe

I don't know what that means.  It's working.   Sometimes it bogs down, but it's certainly livable.

My understanding is that if I went with Windows 10, I would need a clean install.  In the old days, programs were all on discs, but now they are all downloads.  So I would have to go to Microsoft and fiddle around with passwords and licenses and I have other programs I don't even know they have downloads anymore.  I'm putting the whole thing off as long as possible.

I don't believe this is the case.  There is usually an option to keep your files though I would highly recommend you back them up to be safe.  A clean install is always better though.  The upgrade is very easy to do and still free according to this article: https://www.theverge.com/2020/1/14/21065140/how-to-upgrade-microsoft-windows-7-10-free-os 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGN4aXCuGuU 

Posts 873
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 29 2020 7:42 AM

thank you

I'm trying it now and I am scared out of my mind.  Praying like crazy

Posts 1064
JohnB | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 29 2020 10:06 AM

I know that panic! 

Please let us know what happens.

Posts 873
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 29 2020 11:51 AM

I updated to 10.  It looks like it kept everything.  All my shortcuts are still there.  I have to look around.  I have 4 monitors.  It looks like 3 and 4 aren't hooked up now.  They added stuff to my taskbar and added them to my second monitor.  

I know it had to be done, so now it's done.

Posts 1064
JohnB | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 29 2020 1:42 PM

Delighted that it seems to be working. Not sure about the 'missing' monitors but if it is missing updated drivers the monitors could reappear in the next day or so automatically after downloading the correct drivers. Hopefully someone using several monitors will have better views on that. 

Posts 873
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 29 2020 2:41 PM

You're saying this might happen on its own?.

The computer doesn't recognize the presence of these two monitors.  My computer guy will be coming out soon for some other things.

Thank you for getting involved here.

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS