Is Dynamic Pricing Erronious (or not)

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 11075
Denise | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jul 29 2020 3:38 PM

I'm pretty sure this question has come up before. But as a customer, I'm not willing to take the chance.

In the example below, I checked hide owned resources. But several of the remaining volumes, I recognized (the popup below is one of them), so I individually checked each (by clicking 'Learn More'), and indeed it says 'you own this'. 

So, of course, then you wonder if the dynamic price is accurate. Or not. And what about other collections I'm considering ... maybe I better check each volume. Maybe the price is wrong?

BTW the strange popup below is a new feature, the last few days. Latest Safari on an iPad.

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 291
Roy | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 29 2020 5:18 PM

In reference to the pop-up,

The same 'Transparent" look exists in a windows browser (chrome) and IIRC it has been appearing like this also in Safari under macOS (but I am not at home to verify this right now).

Posts 275
LogosEmployee
Celeste Fiorillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 31 2020 8:16 AM

Hi Denise,

Thank you for posting. Would you mind checking the page again to see if the titles you own are showing up as owned now? The dynamic price shouldn't have been incorrect, but I think there may have been an issue with the resource list showing what you own incorrectly. I apologize for the confusion there. 

And, we will be releasing a fix soon for the hover overlap issue.

Posts 11075
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 31 2020 9:25 AM

Thank you, Celeste. I checked, and indeed, 'owned' displays, and disappears with show unowned. Although (!), the list of unowned is now sparse (correctly). Oh well.

The transparent popup is also fixed. Thank you, again.

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 38
Jon | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 31 2020 11:40 AM

Celeste Fiorillo:

Hi Denise,

Thank you for posting. Would you mind checking the page again to see if the titles you own are showing up as owned now? The dynamic price shouldn't have been incorrect, but I think there may have been an issue with the resource list showing what you own incorrectly. I apologize for the confusion there. 

I'm having similar issues, although I believe everything that I own is being accounted for correctly when i check the "hide owned resources" box.  For example, on the "Controversy and the Written Word: Book & Course Bundle", it seems like the math is way off on the "total value if sold separately" section, leading to a much higher price for the dynamic bundle than purchasing the remaining individual items:

Posts 38
Jon | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 31 2020 11:41 AM

Celeste Fiorillo:

Hi Denise,

I'm having similar issues, although I believe everything that I own is being accounted for correctly when i check the "hide owned resources" box.  For example, on the "Controversy and the Written Word: Book & Course Bundle", it seems like the math is way off on the "total value if sold separately" section, leading to a much higher price for the dynamic bundle than purchasing the remaining individual items:

Posts 38
Jon | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 31 2020 11:41 AM

Celeste Fiorillo:

Hi Denise,

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS