Catechism of the Catholic Church (with Pope Francis Amendments)

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4
Calvin CHUA | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jul 29 2020 7:24 PM

Could I check if my existing copy for Catechism (2nd ed) would be updated with the new amendments from Pope Francis, or I have to buy a new copy?

This is urgent and important,

Thanks,

Posts 29612
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 1 2020 11:23 PM

3 bump

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 808
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 2 2020 1:30 PM

👍

WIN 10 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM | iPad Air 3

Posts 1688
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 2 2020 6:33 PM

I certainly understand how important this is, but the Vatican's website still hasn't updated their text...

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

L8 Anglican, Lutheran and Orthodox Silver, Reformed Basic, Academic Essentials

L7 Lutheran Gold, Anglican Bronze

Posts 4
Calvin CHUA | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 2 2020 10:01 PM

My concern is, when it is updated, will our copies be updated too ? or do we have to purchase a new one ?

Posts 3953
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 4 2020 5:40 PM

Ken McGuire:

I certainly understand how important this is, but the Vatican's website still hasn't updated their text...

I'm not holding my breath on it doing so.

Posts 562
Nick Steffen | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 4 2020 7:07 PM

Yes

Posts 29612
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 4 2020 7:23 PM

Calvin CHUA:

My concern is, when it is updated, will our copies be updated too ? or do we have to purchase a new one ?

I would expect that to depend in part on how it is published. If it is a new edition, I would expect to purchase a new one. If it is a new printing of the current edition, I would expect an update.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 190
LogosEmployee

This will depend on licensing agreement with the USCCB. We will post here as soon as we know.

Posts 74
Average Joe | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 7 2020 12:37 PM

Honestly, I would prefer my copy not be updated. It's only one paragraph. If I want to read the new text, someone added it as a community note to that paragraph that includes the new text. That's good enough for me. That way I can see the new text without losing the old text.

Posts 808
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 7 2020 2:55 PM

Average Joe:

Honestly, I would prefer my copy not be updated. It's only one paragraph. If I want to read the new text, someone added it as a community note to that paragraph that includes the new text. That's good enough for me. That way I can see the new text without losing the old text.

you can add a note about the old. In my version, I have notes to reflect the changes from the first version.

WIN 10 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM | iPad Air 3

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS