convert word study translation ring into a table? (or charts)

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4
Brian Nelson | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Aug 1 2020 5:51 PM

hello brothers and sisters in God's family,

Is there a way to convert the translation ring in the bible word study into a table (or charts?)?

I'd love to have a faster view of how often/the number of occurrences that a hebrew word is translated different ways.

Love,

Brian

Posts 336
Lonnie Spencer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 1 2020 6:31 PM

Brian Nelson:

hello brothers and sisters in God's family,

Is there a way to convert the translation ring in the bible word study into a table (or charts?)?

I'd love to have a faster view of how often/the number of occurrences that a hebrew word is translated different ways.

Love,

Brian

Hey Brian,

Click on the Hebrew (or Greek) word in the middle of the ring and it will list all of the verses below. That way you can view the different ways the word is translated  without having to go around the ring

Posts 29753
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 1 2020 6:35 PM

Lonnie Spencer:
Click on the Hebrew (or Greek) word in the middle of the ring and it will list all of the verses below. That way you can view the different ways the word is translated  without having to go around the ring

If you click on the section bar, you will also find an option to export the results to a passage list.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 4
Brian Nelson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 2 2020 3:36 PM
Thank you that is a helpful tip. However, I'm specifcally looking for the ability to export it to a table. That one in a quick glance I can see what English words the Hebrew is word is translated to and how many occurrences. My goal is to be able to compare table from multiple Bible versions relatively quickly.
Posts 1711
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 5 2020 9:11 AM

Search for the word as a 'Bible' search, and then you can use the little graph icon in the toolbar to graph the results, or use "Analysis" in the upper-right of the results grid to see a tabular analysis.

If you choose 'Print/Export' from the triple-dot menu in search results, you can send the results to Excel and manipulate them there as well.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS