SUGGESTION: Faux integration of external software - small step for projects

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 30187
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Aug 2 2020 3:38 PM

Often I am working on projects for which Verbum/Logos are insufficient - at this particular point in time my primary external software is:

• Google sheets
  • Visual Studio
  • MS Word
  • Anki
  • Zotero

I would like to see a small step towards supporting projects by adding a special icon to the quick links section of the task bar. This icon would:

• be stored with a layout rather than being universal
  • contain links to external software in a drop-down manner
  • said links would be created in a drop-and-drag manner, usually to a specific document not the software in general.

This would replace my usual clunky solution of a note that contains links to the rest of the project. Other users might want to suggest that it also contain links to other related layouts.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 20
Don Kolafa | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 2 2020 3:56 PM

I do that often with a Favorites short-cut.  Create any link on the Desktop, and drag it to a Logos favorites tab.  It can be a document where the host app will be invoked automatically (.docx, .pdf, .pps etc) or a specific app ... perhaps with command line parameters including the file name.  I often start PowerPoint  with a Desktop shortcut specifying immediate show mode at a specific slide number.  I have also found a way of starting Kindle with a particular book. 

If the supporting application needs to be loaded, the task takes some time.  If this is a second time for the app, it is much quicker.

Posts 576
J. Remington Bowling | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 6 2020 12:52 PM

Yes. Yes

Potato resting atop 2020 Mac Pro stand.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS