Notes and/or Clippings for non-Logos Books

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2
Michel van der Hoek | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Aug 19 2020 6:35 PM

In addition to my Logos collection, I do have some physical books sitting on a shelf. I cannot seem to find any information at Logos/Faithlife how to include notes and/or clippings of offline, physical books in Logos. I don't want to have to buy these books through Logos just so I can type some comments and notes in Logos. It would be nice to have ALL my notes on a topic together for indexing and easy searching.

If this feature exists, y'all need to make it easier to find. If it doesn't exist, why not?

Posts 29686
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 19 2020 7:55 PM

Just use "New Note" option .. or am I missing what you are asking. and BTW welcome to the forums.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2
Michel van der Hoek | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 20 2020 5:08 AM

Yeah, that's not what I mean. Of course, you can do that. But I was thinking more along the lines of anchoring notes in some metadata, i.e. linked to the bibliographical info of a book. Logos has an option for "Personal Books" but it forces you to actually create the book via Microsoft Word. I wondered if there was a way you can anchor your notes with a link to an object in Logos representing external books in the same way as a "Personal Book".

Posts 29686
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 20 2020 2:55 PM

Have you tried anchoring a note (bibiographic) to a note (content)?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS