Page 2 of 6 (101 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 100 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 21
Quipper | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 27 2009 5:39 AM

4282 right now, at a cost of $15,621. And that price was mostly taking advantage of box deals, specials, pre-pubs, and the Community Pricing offers. Owning 8k unlocked resources would cost, then, probably over $30k. Too rich for my blood! Smile

Posts 588
Bobby Terhune | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 27 2009 6:29 AM

I have 6,973 Libronix titles unlocked and 605 PBB's for a total of 7,578 books. I have deleted PBB's that have come out in Libronix format and also various older versions of BHS and NA26 that Logos has produced through the years.

Bobby T

Posts 165
Wayne | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 27 2009 7:59 AM

I have roughly 2,700 books that includes 990 PBB books, 350 journals, numerous targums and ancient Greek manuscripts and 30-40 Logos manuals. I spent just under $2,600. I have not bought any of the more expensive commentaries, but have Scholar Gold package. I purchased those primarily to get the commentary sets included. I added a number of books from Nelson packages. I have added them to collections and have found them useful. My most expensive commentary set was Lenski. I wanted to buy it since my Bible college days. I make moderate purchases from pre-pubs and community pricing.

In the last 18 years, I have spendt $2,800 on paper books and hundreds of dollars in shipping. That probably represents 300-400 books and they are not nearly as useful as Logos.

I am sure there are people who have smaller libraries in numbers, but a higher quality and more costly library.

All the Logos manuals get included in the resource list.

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 27 2009 10:23 AM

2,911 (includes over 850 PBB's, and a few help files). So just over 2000 Libronix resources. (Many of the PBB's are duplicated by Libronix resources that came out later. I've got to go through those and clean them out.)

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 41
LogosEmployee
Phillip | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 29 2009 5:27 PM

Donovan R. Palmer:

I wonder if anyone on here is over 10K?

ALMOST!  9,835 Known / 9,764 Unlocked.

Win 7 x64 | Core i7 2600k @ 4.6GHz | 8GB RAM @ 1866MHz | Intel SSD G2

Posts 2853
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 30 2009 12:06 PM

Phillip:

Donovan R. Palmer:

Amazing 9,764 resources, this is the man to beat!  What can i say Bravo Sir, Bravo Sir i lift up my hat & salute you Phillip.

God Bless

Sir T

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 30 2009 12:52 PM

Ted Hans:

Phillip:

Donovan R. Palmer:

Amazing 9,764 resources, this is the man to bit!  What can i say Bravo Sir, Bravo Sir i lift up my hat & salute you Phillip.

God Bless

Sir T

What is this some contest for bragging rights?  "Nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah ... I have more than you do!"  BTW:  I don't.  I would rather have a small library of select volumes than to have it cluttered with material of dubious value which I will never use.  Even so, I get a lot of garbage.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 2853
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 30 2009 1:14 PM

George Somsel:

What is this some contest for bragging rights?  "Nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah ... I have more than you do!"  BTW:  I don't.  I would rather have a small library of select volumes than to have it cluttered with material of dubious value which I will never use.  Even so, I get a lot of garbage.

George original language makes you tick i could say this is all bragging on your part to prove scholarship & pride of learning(the way you go on about it). If it does not excite you, each to his/her own. I am commending someone else's library and not my own. Try not to be suspicious of others motives, i hope you are not claiming the gift of omniscience and that you can read the hearts of menBig Smile Repent!

Sir T

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 1956
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 30 2009 1:39 PM

George Somsel:

Well, it's bragging if it's a pride thing. I started this topic because I was curious about how extensive some of the libraries that Logos users had. The vision of Logos is to have many more available resources, so without a doubt people's electronic libraries are going to grow.  If this occurs, then what needs to change in the software to adequately manage it?  These sorts of numbers of books on a personal computer were unheard of 10 years ago.

Personally, I would love to have many more resources than I currently do simply for research purposes.  I doubt I will ever afford it, but that is another matter!

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 30 2009 1:43 PM

Ted Hans:

George original language makes you tick i could say this is all bragging on your part to prove scholarship & pride of learning(the way you go on about it). If it does not excite you, each to his/her own. I am commending someone else's library and not my own. Try not to be suspicious of others motive, i hope you are not claiming the gift of omniscience and that you can read the hearts of menBig Smile Repent!

Sir T

“Woe is me! I am lost, for I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips; yet my eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts!”

The Holy Bible : New Revised Standard Version. 1989 (Is 6:5). Nashville: Thomas Nelson Publishers.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 2853
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 30 2009 1:47 PM

George Somsel:

“Woe is me! I am lost, for I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips; yet my eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts!”

The Holy Bible : New Revised Standard Version. 1989 (Is 6:5). Nashville: Thomas Nelson Publishers.

Funny George but that is the passage i am currently studing on for my next preach at Church.

Sir T

Posts 2745
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 30 2009 1:55 PM

George Somsel:

Ted Hans:

... i hope you are not claiming the gift of omniscience and that you can read the hearts of menBig Smile Repent!

Sir T

...suspicious spiritual gift, I tell you as a Pentecostal.Smile

To George:   I like the Scripture you quote. Even more, I might like even the translation you use.

Bohuslav

Posts 2853
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 30 2009 2:14 PM

Bohuslav Wojnar:

...suspicious spiritual gift, I tell you as a Pentecostal.Smile

I can tell you are a Pentecostal or Charismatic, trying to predict if i am pentecostal.Smile I am glad you got the joke. I am not sure if George would be happy to hear that i am a five point Calvinist. Wayne Grudem systematic theology comes the closest in representing my views, although on the eternal generation of the Son Grudem leaves me saying hmmmm. 

Sir T

Posts 71
Aeolus Jacobus | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 30 2009 2:40 PM

Ted Hans:

Donovan R. Palmer:

My humble library only has 881. I imagine there has got to be people who have many, many more...! Cool Who can top this and is king of the hill?

Well, i have 8,054 unlocked  resources.

Kind Regards

Ted Hans

Pics or it didn't happen.

Posts 2853
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 30 2009 2:51 PM

Aeolus Jacobus:
Pics or it didn't happen

That goes to Phillip & Steve.

Sir T

Posts 41
LogosEmployee
Phillip | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 30 2009 3:27 PM

Keep in mind that I work at Logos. Big Smile

Posts 71
Aeolus Jacobus | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 30 2009 3:42 PM

Phillip:

Keep in mind that I work at Logos. Big Smile

Occurances of a word do not a number of resources make.

Posts 41
LogosEmployee
Phillip | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 30 2009 3:46 PM

Posts 1956
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 30 2009 10:41 PM

Phillip:

Since you work for Logos, I would have expected all of your resources to be unlocked!?!

Just out of curiosity, if one were to buy and to install all available resources at Logos, how many would that be? (as of today?)

Posts 1359
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 1 2009 9:01 AM

I only have 990, but I have only been a Logos user less than 2 years. More pre-pubs have been ordered.

Page 2 of 6 (101 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS