Page 3 of 6 (101 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 100 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 262
LogosEmployee
Steve Workman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 1 2009 9:44 AM

I also work at Logos,  I know that I don't have all the resources avaiable.  I would default to Phillip's resources as being the most.

Posts 1956
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 1 2009 11:26 AM

Steve Workman:
I also work at Logos,  I know that I don't have all the resources avaiable.  I would default to Phillip's resources as being the most.

Cool, so there are about 10K of resources.

<joke> Maybe Logos should sell a collection that has everything in it that is available for sale, similar to the Nelson book unlock? </joke>

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 1 2009 6:40 PM

Aeolus Jacobus:
I have a different though related question. How many of us actually beleives they will find a use for any more than 25% of our bloated libraries? Does anyone think that there might be a hoarding mantality when it comes to digital resources and that seeing the number increase can add to one's ego a bit?.
hmmm... not sure where this comment went, but I got it via email.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I have a couple thousand resources and use a LOT of them for different things.

I use most of my commentaries for preaching/teaching preparation.

I use most all of the Journals for my Doctoral research (and frequently in my teaching preparation).

I use many of the more populist books and bible study resources to help answer questions I get from people in my church and other pastors who are looking for quotes or resources.

But, I think your comment misses the point of why an extensive library is valuable.  The question is not how many resources one uses, it is how well we are able to use the resources we need.  I can search hundreds of journals spanning 5 decades for a key phrase or passage and find the best 4 or 5 articles that address the issue at hand.  I can do this in just minutes, whereas with paper journals, it would take days of searching.  Having a larger library, makes searching and finding quality hits far more likely; and this is the value and purpose for a large library.. not reading every page of every book.

Anyway, that is just my opinion, but I hope it does offer a different perspective that you may not have previously considered in your remarks.

God bless brother!

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 2853
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 1 2009 10:35 PM

Joe Miller:

I can't speak for anyone else, but I have a couple thousand resources and use a LOT of them for different things.

I use most of my commentaries for preaching/teaching preparation.

I use most all of the Journals for my Doctoral research (and frequently in my teaching preparation).

I use many of the more populist books and bible study resources to help answer questions I get from people in my church and other pastors who are looking for quotes or resources.

But, I think your comment misses the point of why an extensive library is valuable.  The question is not how many resources one uses, it is how well we are able to use the resources we need.  I can search hundreds of journals spanning 5 decades for a key phrase or passage and find the best 4 or 5 articles that address the issue at hand.  I can do this in just minutes, whereas with paper journals, it would take days of searching.  Having a larger library, makes searching and finding quality hits far more likely; and this is the value and purpose for a large library.. not reading every page of every book.

Anyway, that is just my opinion, but I hope it does offer a different perspective that you may not have previously considered in your remarks.

God bless brother!

I can't speak for others, i do agree with you being able to search one's library for the best material available is a God sent. Maybe a paper library might have that effect as others walking into one's library may be impressed at one's collections on display. It's not the same with a digital library unless one wants to really show off. Most friends do not know i have a large digital library and until recently i was not aware of that either but with a paper library it is there for all to see.

Your in Christ

Sir T

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 87
David Emme | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 1 2009 10:48 PM

I think people are just having fun with it. I often thought if I was the only geek to buy as much as I can when I can, if there are people who have spent as much as I have. Looking at the numbers, I think mine is respectable, but definetly am beat by a few hands down. I think for me, I know I love Logos and the many products which have been profitable to my study and knowledge. Of course, we could get into a big ole mine is bigger then yours type conversation, I think part of it is just learning about each other.

Posts 87
David Emme | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 1 2009 10:53 PM

4,432 resources. More on prepub I should be getting this month and building my wish list for the future right now.

Posts 1956
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 2 2009 12:47 AM

David Emme:

I think people are just having fun with it. I often thought if I was the only geek to buy as much as I can when I can, if there are people who have spent as much as I have. Looking at the numbers, I think mine is respectable, but definetly am beat by a few hands down. I think for me, I know I love Logos and the many products which have been profitable to my study and knowledge. Of course, we could get into a big ole mine is bigger then yours type conversation, I think part of it is just learning about each other.

Yes exactly. I find this helpful in understanding how large libraries are getting. My library is 10% of the largest one reported here, but I have already found it extremely helpful, particularly in regard to my research and studies. It is totally a bonus that it can travel with me as well.  With time, I anticipate my library growing, though I don't know that I will ever have 10K.  We will see.

Posts 27036
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 6 2009 5:24 AM

Donovan R. Palmer:
With time, I anticipate my library growing, though I don't know that I will ever have 10K

For me, large libraries equates to Libronix v4 and improved library management! v3 is incapable of managing anything above a few hundred resources!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 41
LogosEmployee
Phillip | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 14 2009 5:15 PM

Update:  10,024

Win 7 x64 | Core i7 2600k @ 4.6GHz | 8GB RAM @ 1866MHz | Intel SSD G2

Posts 2853
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 14 2009 8:16 PM

Phillip:

Update:  10,024

Amazing if this refers to all unlocked resources! Phillip could we trade off Libraries?Big Smile However for a more accurate figure you need to do a search for all "unlocked" Resources instead of "All known Resources" Wink

Sir T.

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 218
John Nerdue | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 12 2009 10:57 AM

I know this thread has been dead a while but I thought I would update my number.

2,033 up from 1,880 and I am waiting on another CD with more titles.

Posts 1956
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 12 2009 11:08 AM

My humble library has grown to 1,490 (and about to be increased by the NICOT/NICNT), but my book budget is broke for the year in a big way! I don't dare look at the pre-pubs page!!! Wink

Posts 2853
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 12 2009 11:24 AM

Donovan R. Palmer:

My humble library has grown to 1,490 (and about to be increased by the NICOT/NICNT), but my book budget is broke for the year in a big way! I don't dare look at the pre-pubs page!!! Wink

Hey Donovan, i know the feeling. When i thought to myself with NICOT/NICNT it can't get any worse than this. Then came zondervanCrying

Ted. 

Posts 455
David Buckham | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 12 2009 12:42 PM

My Library is a humble 437 books currently.  Small church, small budget, small salary.  Logos want to help a small town minister?  Maybe a "leadership" book grant or "commentary" book grant, kind of like the scholarship for seminary students?  You do not have because you do not ask...

all about Christ,
David Buckham

all about Christ,

David Buckham

http://thinkspurlove.blogspot.com

Posts 294
Debra W Bouey | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 12 2009 1:06 PM

Donovan R. Palmer:

...It is totally a bonus that it can travel with me as well...

This one, except it is a necessity for my Logos e-resources to travel with me, for the most part. There are lots of diverse reasons for a large Logos resource database.

Lenovo P72: Intel 8th Gen i7-8750H 6-core, 32GB RAM, 2TB HDD + 1TB Sata SSD, 17.3" FHD 1920x1080, NVIDIA Quadro P600 4GB, Win 10 Pro

Posts 294
Debra W Bouey | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 12 2009 1:14 PM

James Chaisson:

I know this thread has been dead a while but I thought I would update my number.

2,033 up from 1,880 and I am waiting on another CD with more titles.

I figured since you resurrected it... Wink

Lenovo P72: Intel 8th Gen i7-8750H 6-core, 32GB RAM, 2TB HDD + 1TB Sata SSD, 17.3" FHD 1920x1080, NVIDIA Quadro P600 4GB, Win 10 Pro

Posts 3916
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 12 2009 1:21 PM

1717.  I had no idea there were over 8k (or 10K) resources.  man, I need to get crackin'.  Yeah, but how many facebook friends do y'all have? lol.

I have been helped in Morris Proctor seminars to understand how to get more out of them by ordering them all into collections and all.  Can't wait for Logos 4 to make that whole process easier.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 10836
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 12 2009 2:47 PM

2,421 unlocked resources and far too many pre-pubs on the way.

BTW, how do you insert an image into a post (Mac using Safari)?

Jack

Posts 286
Dr. Charles A. Wootten | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 12 2009 7:51 PM

That surprised even me!

God bless

{charley}

running Logos Bible Software 6.0a: Collector's Edition on HP e9220y (AMD Phenom II X4 2.60GHz 8.00GB 64-bit Win 7 Pro SP1) & iPad (mini) apps.

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 13 2009 9:05 AM

2717 + 1,005 PBB's   Unlocked.  I used to have something odd around 6000+ locked but I recently decided I didn't need to store them all and deleted the extra.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Page 3 of 6 (101 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS