Drag-n-drop into text edit field

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
This post has 0 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 61
Josh Moore | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Aug 21 2020 1:07 PM

Drag and drop is WONDERFUL...except that it doesn't work in a text edit field, specifically in notes and Sermon editor.

This is especially noticeable when copying clippings into a sermon document. I like how copying from a resource to the sermon editor automatically creates a sort of built in cited format. Unfortunately, if you do that from a clippings document, you have to manually copy/paste the text and then the citation, essentially defeating a fundamental purpose of a clippings tool. The longer you work on a document like this, the easier it is to plagorize and forget what you wrote and what you copied. PSA: Don't plagarize in your sermons, it destroys your credability when you're found out.

Now, there is a workaround to click the link to the original resource and then "re-copy" the text into your sermon editor. SUPER innefficient. I'm a screen minimalist, so if I don't need an entire book on my screen, I don't want it there. COMMAND+W is my friend. Tab clutter builds up fast. Not to mention your taking 5-10 button pushes **rabbit trail alert** what could be done in just one.

p.s. bonus request...

While we're at it, we might as well mention an automatic works cited page or footnote option for sermons. I often have people ask me for my notes after a sermon, if I have a print copy I just give it to them, if it's digital i send it, but either way I want to be transparent with my citations.

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS