SUGGESTION: Logos Home Page Adhere to Forum Guidlines - Sabbath Rest

Page 4 of 4 (77 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4
This post has 76 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 6 2010 4:12 PM

The Homepage contents are random insomuch as they vary wildly theologically and are based on content you have in your library. One day's content can easily contradict the next day's. There is no conspiracy committee hiding behind the Homepage trying to convert all users to a particular heresy.

I view the Homepage articles as teasers to get me thinking and, if time permits, persue the rabbit trail in a study session.

Jerry Mclean:
Hardly random or unbiased.

VERY random,  but no more biased than everything else in your Logos resource library. If you would prefer someone else sanitize your library and only offer writings you agree with, you can try Nelson's various eBible Lifeworks Collections:

MacArthur Lifeworks Library 2.0 [CD-ROM]   http://www.logos.com/products/details/3950
The Jeremiah LifeWorks Library [CD-ROM  ] http://www.logos.com/products/details/2066
The Jeremiah LifeWorks Library 2.0  http://www.logos.com/products/details/4436
The Stanley Lifeworks Library [CD-ROM]  http://www.logos.com/products/details/3380
The Norman L. Geisler Apologetics Library http://www.logos.com/products/details/1756

And these have been published but are not currently available on the Logos.com website:

Hank HannegraffJack Hayford, R. C. Sproul, J. Vernon McGee, Jimmy Swaggart, John Maxwell, Max Lucado, Bill Bright, John MacArthur Lifeworks 1.0, & Chuck Swindoll   (that one is news to me!)

Choose your flavor!    (that was fun)

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 6 2010 4:19 PM

Matthew C Jones:
The Homepage contents are random insomuch as they vary wildly theologically and are based on content you have in your library. One day's content can easily contradict the next day's. There is no conspiracy committee hiding behind the Homepage trying to convert all users to a particular heresy.

This would seem so obvious that it's laughable.

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 6 2010 4:28 PM

If they are indeed random and are not overseen by an editor I stand corrected and apologize.  I was only making an observation, albeit perhaps misguided. I enjoy everything about Logos, even the Home Page and the theological diversity.  Hopefully we can get back to talking about the software. 

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 1829
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 6 2010 4:51 PM

Jerry Mclean:
 Hopefully we can get back to talking about the software. 

Big Smile Yes

Yup, everybody's homepage is different on any given day, just pulled at random from your selected options and library.

Onward with the cool stuff! Researching and learning with Logos is awesome! I have been taught soooo much about the program through these forums and the user contributed wiki that I cannot even begin to express my thanks.

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 6 2010 4:58 PM

Matthew C Jones:
There is no conspiracy committee hiding behind the Homepage trying to convert all users to a particular heresy.

That's not what I heard on Glen Beck's show! Surprise

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 6 2010 5:19 PM

Terry Poperszky:
That's not what I heard on Glen Beck's show! Surprise

Beck was talking about Homeland Security, not Homepage security.   Here is the Homeland Security Committee

:           and the "others"...

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 33772
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 6 2010 6:56 PM

Nathan Barnes:
 I was verbally abusing (drivel=abuse?) a theologically biased random content generator (computer).

Nathan, I can''t figure out whether you are kidding us, serious or being dense - neither fits with my image of you from your other posts. Calling it "drivel" was potentially insulting to those who agree with the author and to author themselves. It's appearance on you home page was the result of a computer randomizing routines. But the thread is definitely more fun to read than impatient waiting for the next pc beta.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3917
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 6 2010 7:37 PM

I hearby declare this thread closed.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 662
Jeremy | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 6 2010 7:49 PM

I thought this thread was going to be about resting from using the forum on the Sabbath. Boy was I wrong.

Posts 2745
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 6 2010 10:16 PM

I found Logos to have highly theologically biased content Surprise and... I thank God for that. I paid big money for having that. Logos is not a forum. If the same rules would apply to Logos as to the forum, I would not pay one cent for it Smile.

By the way, I just came back from one Middle East country where Christians meet on Friday from obvious reasons... In one other country believers meet on Saturday (Sabbath) and are not Seven Day Adventists. Interesting is this world of the followers of Jesus Christ Stick out tongue

Bohuslav

Posts 33772
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 6 2010 10:32 PM

Dan DeVilder:

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3917
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 7 2010 6:34 AM

MJ. Smith:

Dan DeVilder:

AMEN!

Posts 411
Ken Shawver | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 7 2010 12:12 PM

Does this mean we can spend more time waiting for the next Beta...wel for those twiddling their thumbs in great expectation...YesBig Smile

In Christ,

Ken

Dell Studio 1555; 15.6 True Life LCD; Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.20 GHz, 2M Cache, 800 MHz FSB ; 500GB 5400 HDD; 8GB RAM, Win 10, Chrome 70

http://wiki.logos.com/

Posts 2874
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 7 2010 5:08 PM

O Good this post has been declared closed so no one will read my post

That item came from “The Bible knowledge commentary  on Genesis 2:1–3

And is in almost every base package (maybe not Languages) 

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 7 2010 5:22 PM

After becoming somewhat familiar with this software, it is easy to lose sight of just how amazing it is!  It truly is an amazing tool.  Like a good worship leader that forgets the complexity of their musical instrument and loses themselves in worship and adoration, my goal is to become familiar enough with Logos, that I find myself lost in the wonder of God’s Word and presence.  Thanks Bob and Logos team for making this possible and thanks to those who patiently answer questions, correct misunderstandings and offer tips to those who are just beginning this quest.  You are performing an important ministry in and for the Body of Christ.  

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 33772
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 7 2010 5:31 PM

David Ames:
no one will read my post

The "closure" has no effect on people's ability to read and respond to your post. It's just a way of asking people to stay within the intended spirit of the forums.

Posts 3917
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 8 2010 8:00 AM

MJ. Smith:

David Ames:
no one will read my post

The "closure" has no effect on people's ability to read and respond to your post. It's just a way of asking people to stay within the intended spirit of the forums.

says who?  Stick out tongue

. . . are you evidently having problems bringing closure, MJ, hmmmmmmmm?   Here, let us give you a hug:  Left Hug Left Hug Left Hug Left Hug Left Hug

Page 4 of 4 (77 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS