Labor Day sale

Page 2 of 5 (95 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 94 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 843
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2020 7:55 AM
DAL:

In the email it says, ”...On almost everything.”  So “almost” excludes more things than the ones mentioned.

One could also interpret it as those listed items are the exceptions

WIN 10 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM | iPad Air 3
Verbum 9 Platinum

Posts 843
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2020 8:00 AM

Paul Caneparo:

The link lists 27,574 Results, so I guess it does cover a lot of books and when I sort by savings, it shows many discounted resources as being included. I can see many books in my wishlist are outside the 27,574 books. What I haven't tried yet though as it's a single use coupon is to see whether you get 30% off a sale price.

Good point. Looking at the unfiltered (except for “unowned”) I see 48,235 Results. 
Of course that’s really hair splitting to call it “almost everything.” So, I’ll call this sale a “meh.”

Verbum 9 Platinum

Posts 1358
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2020 8:49 AM

David Wanat:

Paul Caneparo:

The link lists 27,574 Results, so I guess it does cover a lot of books and when I sort by savings, it shows many discounted resources as being included. I can see many books in my wishlist are outside the 27,574 books. What I haven't tried yet though as it's a single use coupon is to see whether you get 30% off a sale price.

Good point. Looking at the unfiltered (except for “unowned”) I see 48,235 Results. 
Of course that’s really hair splitting to call it “almost everything.” So, I’ll call this sale a “meh.”

My result for 27k resources included in the sale included owned and unowned, so your figure seems high.

Posts 843
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2020 8:55 AM

Paul Caneparo:

David Wanat:

Paul Caneparo:

My result for 27k resources included in the sale included owned and unowned, so your figure seems high.

probably depends on your library size. Mine is about 8000 titles. But this was unfiltered. My list of Labor Day titles is 27,616 Results Owned and unowned  (20921 unowned)

Verbum 9 Platinum

Posts 18
Paul Strickert | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2020 9:37 AM

Barth in Conversation

Vol 1 - included 

Vol 2 - included

Vol 3 - not included

How does that make sense?  Huh?

Posts 1358
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2020 10:10 AM

David Wanat:

Paul Caneparo:

David Wanat:

Paul Caneparo:

probably depends on your library size. Mine is about 8000 titles. But this was unfiltered. My list of Labor Day titles is 27,616 Results Owned and unowned  (20921 unowned)

Sorry I misunderstood you. I thought you were seeing 48k results for the sale. Yes you could argue 27k out of 48k is not really almost everything.

Posts 1561
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2020 11:05 AM

Well, I had 4 books in my wish list, and only one did get the discount:

https://www.logos.com/product/41564/students-vocabulary-for-biblical-hebrew-and-aramaic

These below did not get the discount. Should I draw the conclusion that they are too specific and will never go to sale?:

https://www.logos.com/product/33477/studies-on-gothic-christian-writings 

https://www.logos.com/product/31787/a-short-grammar-of-biblical-aramaic 

https://www.logos.com/product/17345/concordia-commentary-song-of-songs 

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 44
Jon | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2020 11:29 AM

Paul Caneparo:

Even some items that show up under the link don’t seem to be working for it.  For example, Keener’s Acts commentary bundle shows up under there, but doesn’t get any additional savings off the total order with the coupon code.

Posts 1358
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2020 11:41 AM

Jon:

Paul Caneparo:

Even some items that show up under the link don’t seem to be working for it.  For example, Keener’s Acts commentary bundle shows up under there, but doesn’t get any additional savings off the total order with the coupon code.

That would seem like an issue to discuss with customer service. You would certainly believe any of the 27k books in the sale link should be available at 30% off.

Posts 949
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2020 11:52 AM

Fortunately, there is still some time for Logos to sort this out. I'm waiting for the moment.

Posts 1194
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2020 6:47 PM

All, FYI the coupon works for Library Expansions. I usually don't buy those, but one really grabbed my interest just after the earlier sale ended, so I'm thankful to have this discount on it now.

Posts 7534
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 26 2020 4:27 AM

Sean:

All, FYI the coupon works for Library Expansions. I usually don't buy those, but one really grabbed my interest just after the earlier sale ended, so I'm thankful to have this discount on it now.

Solved! Now I can go take my nap 😴 Forget about what I said — oh yeah, I just deleted what I said 😂😂😂  👍😁👌

Posts 4114
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 26 2020 6:03 AM

I noticed the same DAL.  I set out a few books I wanted to get but this morning half of them lost their labor day discount... I should have known better and bought them yesterday.  Oh well.  I save a few bucks I guess

Posts 1358
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 26 2020 6:05 AM

The sale link only goes to 25,340 resources now. 2,000 less! 

Looks like Zondervan books have disappeared. Guess what I was going to pick up!

Hope Zondervan have a deal of their own next month.

Posts 7534
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 26 2020 6:13 AM

Mattillo:

I noticed the same DAL.  I set out a few books I wanted to get but this morning half of them lost their labor day discount... I should have known better and bought them yesterday.  Oh well.  I save a few bucks I guess

Well, it’s all fine and dandy now 👍😁👌 Thanks!

Posts 949
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 26 2020 6:42 AM

I also lost the discount on some of the resources that I was interested in.

Hopefully, FL looks at this thread and fixes things. Otherwise, this promotion might go down the same path of the $5 credit promotion a few weeks back.

Posts 949
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 26 2020 9:43 AM

The list of issues continues:

When I click on the sale banner in the Logos website, I supposedly get each item that is on sale. This is the link:

https://www.logos.com/search?filters=producttype-laborday2020_Product%20Type&sortBy=Relevance&limit=15&page=1&ownership=all&geographicAvailability=availableToMe

The following course is on the list of items on sale:

https://www.logos.com/product/195814/mobile-ed-michael-heiser-master-course-collection

However, when I put it in the cart, there is no discount.

Posts 193
Kevin Clemens | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 26 2020 9:53 AM

Paul Caneparo:

Looks like Zondervan books have disappeared. Guess what I was going to pick up!

Looks like a bunch of books from Baker and Baker Academic also got dumped. Bummer. I guess that means spending less, saving more for now. 

Page 2 of 5 (95 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS