Group License thingy

Page 1 of 3 (48 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 47 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 956
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Aug 25 2020 11:26 AM

I started getting this pricing notice on items I already own.

"You've selected a group license, which allows you to distribute this resource to others."

This is confusing and annoying. How can I get rid of it? I have nothing in my Settings Sidebar. The "Learn More" doesn't help.

Posts 949
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2020 11:46 AM

Same here. Gets very annoying. If I already own a resource, it is not displayed anymore. Instead, I am asked to buy a group license.

Posts 956
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2020 11:51 AM

I had 1 small (3) group years ago with (3) resources, but no licenses remain unused. Do I have to delete that old group?

Posts 10913
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2020 11:55 AM

Armin:

Same here. Gets very annoying. If I already own a resource, it is not displayed anymore. Instead, I am asked to buy a group license.

On Logos.com, that I own a resource can be seen by the "open in Logos" box. At least it seems I can buy unowned books for me (not interested in group licenses at all). 

In the ebooks store I've found no way to buy a book for me - the only way is to buy it for the group and then to assign the license to me. 

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 201
Stephen Terlizzi | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2020 3:29 PM

I am also getting this "buy a group church" license request. If Logos doesn't fix this, I won't be buying much new resources anytime soon.

Very disconcerting.

Steve

Posts 277
LogosEmployee
Celeste Fiorillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2020 3:46 PM

We have enabled the ability to purchase 'group licenses' on most of our product pages. This allows you to purchase a product for a church or small group. 

Group licenses kick in when you change the quantity to 2 or higher.

We will continue to improve the experience, and apologize for any confusion.

You can find more information here: https://www.logos.com/faq#group-licenses

Posts 956
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2020 4:21 PM

Celeste Fiorillo:

We will continue to improve the experience, and apologize for any confusion.

You can improve my experience (and keep me as a customer) by turning it completely off.Super Angry

Posts 2005
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2020 4:40 PM

We regularly get requests from people who want to buy multiple resources for their church, small group, class, family, etc., so we've added supported for this directly on Logos.com.

Can you help me understand what you don't like? This is a new feature and shouldn't impact anything for users who don't want to buy for a group. Everything should mostly work the same way it always has (instead of disallowing buying something you own, you'll now see the ability to buy it but with an Open in Logos button that communicates that you already own it). If you have no use for the new feature, you can safely ignore it. Can you help me understand why that isn't adequate for you?

Posts 142
Wayne Clarke | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2020 6:02 PM

Phil,

Prior to the implementation of the group licensing approach, if I went to the product page for any resource, I would immediately see whether I owned the product or not.  Visually, it was instantaneous--very simple!.  Now, I have to process what is going on.  Maybe I have accidentally selected a physical book instead.  It is simply confusing!  At least give me the option to disable something I will most likely never use--group / volume purchasing.

Part of the issue is that the "Add to cart" button is much more bold and stands out.  So, yes, I see the "Open in Logos", but that is not what my eye is drawn to!

And by the way, not all the resources on Logos.com respond the same way for items already purchased.  (See the pic below of "The Unseen Realm".) 

And to make matters worse, Faithlife Ebooks and Verbum do NOT have the "Open in" button that supposedly is what you want to use to communicate to me that I already own the resource.  So, now it is super confusing on those sites!  Lots and lots of mixed messages to the consumer.

The current implementation is super cumbersome and obviously not implemented universally across all of your Faithlife store fronts.  Maybe try a banner similar to Amazon that immediately shows me that I have purchased the item and the date.  Or, move back to the previous 'greyed out' display and add another button "Want to buy more copies?"  I think there are lots of other approaches that could / should be explored.  But this new approach, to me, is a very poor and confusing implementation.

I purchase an incredible amount of stuff from you folks--I hope you are able to make my purchasing experience as seamless and enjoyable as possible.

Posts 201
Stephen Terlizzi | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2020 6:33 PM

Wayne Clarke:

Phil,

Prior to the implementation of the group licensing approach, if I went to the product page for any resource, I would immediately see whether I owned the product or not.  Visually, it was instantaneous--very simple!.  Now, I have to process what is going on.  Maybe I have accidentally selected a physical book instead.  It is simply confusing!  At least give me the option to disable something I will most likely never use--group / volume purchasing.

. . .

What he said  ⬆️ ⬆️ ⬆️

Posts 356
Vincent Chia | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2020 6:55 PM

Wayne puts it well.

Please make it easier for us to process. It is indeed very confusing these days. Sometimes I have to put the item into the cart in order to know if I own it!

Director

Elyon Family Clinic & Surgery Pte Ltd

Singapore

Posts 2005
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2020 7:34 PM

Thanks, Wayne. Really helpful feedback.

Wayne Clarke:

Part of the issue is that the "Add to cart" button is much more bold and stands out.  So, yes, I see the "Open in Logos", but that is not what my eye is drawn to!

A more explicit ownership message is coming back soon. We'll consider ways to ensure that it's really visually prominent (with an icon, badge, banner?), so you don't have to read or process information but instantly know.

Wayne Clarke:
And by the way, not all the resources on Logos.com respond the same way for items already purchased.  (See the pic below of "The Unseen Realm".)

Hmm. Interesting. We'll look into that. I'm not sure what's going on there.

Wayne Clarke:
And to make matters worse, Faithlife Ebooks and Verbum do NOT have the "Open in" button that supposedly is what you want to use to communicate to me that I already own the resource.  So, now it is super confusing on those sites!  Lots and lots of mixed messages to the consumer.

Agreed. We originally were going to roll this out only on Logos.com and then decided to include the other sites, too, forgetting that the "Open in Logos" button isn't there. We discussed this earlier today and are working on a solution.

Wayne Clarke:
The current implementation is super cumbersome and obviously not implemented universally across all of your Faithlife store fronts.  Maybe try a banner similar to Amazon that immediately shows me that I have purchased the item and the date.  Or, move back to the previous 'greyed out' display and add another button "Want to buy more copies?"  I think there are lots of other approaches that could / should be explored.  But this new approach, to me, is a very poor and confusing implementation.

We'll keep iterating until we find a solution that works for everyone. Thanks for your feedback and ideas.

Wayne Clarke:
I purchase an incredible amount of stuff from you folks--I hope you are able to make my purchasing experience as seamless and enjoyable as possible.

That's our aim. Don't let us off the hook until we deliver on that!

Thanks again for taking the time to share this valuable feedback.

Posts 2005
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2020 7:35 PM

Vincent Chia:
Sometimes I have to put the item into the cart in order to know if I own it!

Prior to this change? I'd love to understand the situations where you could even do this. It shouldn't be possible to add something to your cart that you already own.

Posts 2005
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2020 7:36 PM

Official announcement with some background and rationale here: Group Licensing / Bulk Purchasing of Logos Resources Now Available on Logos.com.

Posts 356
Vincent Chia | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2020 7:50 PM

Exactly! When I put something in the cart, and the cart is empty, I know I own it. :) 

Director

Singapore

Posts 2005
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2020 7:51 PM

Wayne Clarke:
Prior to the implementation of the group licensing approach, if I went to the product page for any resource, I would immediately see whether I owned the product or not.

Quick clarifying question, Wayne: Don't you generally know if you own a product before you arrive at the product page? If you get there from Logos.com search results, the ownership message is unchanged and clear, isn't it? That's true of most landing pages across Logos.com, too, right (e.g., Free Book of the Month)? Are there places on Logos.com that take you to product pages where you don't get an ownership indicator in advance? The homepage, maybe? Or are you regularly landing on product pages from a Google search or other external source? Would part of the solution be making all of Logos.com ownership aware?

Posts 2005
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2020 7:53 PM

Vincent Chia:

Exactly! When I put something in the cart, and the cart is empty, I know I own it. :) 

But where are you finding an Add to Cart button for something you own that isn't grayed out? The buttons shouldn't be clickable if you already own it.

Posts 356
Vincent Chia | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2020 8:36 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Vincent Chia:

But where are you finding an Add to Cart button for something you own that isn't grayed out? The buttons shouldn't be clickable if you already own it.

I own this. But where is the indication?

Director

Singapore

Posts 356
Vincent Chia | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2020 8:45 PM

Also another here ... You get the point :)

Again, I can't tell from the "button" whether I own this or not. I can scroll down and see the individual items to see if the "owned" is there - which is really time consuming.

Director

Singapore

Page 1 of 3 (48 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS