Footnote Copy Issue

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 23
Kent Maitland | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jul 6 2010 8:26 AM

I'm trying to copy some commentaries into a word document and the footnotes for the most part are copying, except I don't really care to have all the misc. abbreviation footnotes as part of the document (e.g. "ABJ" = ABJ The Gospel According to John by R. E. Brown [Anchor Bible 29 & 29A; Garden City, N.Y.: Doubleday, 1966, 1970]) Is there a way to turn off the copying feature for these footnotes only, while maintaining the regular (numbered) footnotes that actually have substance?

Posts 10737
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 6 2010 11:17 AM

Kent Maitland:
Is there a way to turn off the copying feature for these footnotes only, while maintaining the regular (numbered) footnotes that actually have substance?

Tools->Program Settings: Under General click No beside Copy Footnotes. Oops! This won't work because it will turn off all footnotes.

I don't think there is a way to accomplish your purpose here.

Posts 47
David McClister | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 5 2012 11:26 AM

I know this is an old thread, but does anyone know if this problem has been addressed or corrected? I want to copy content footnotes along with text from my resources, but I do not need the "footnotes" that simply spell out abbreviations. And there is no way to delete those abbreviation footnotes since they seem to use the text itself as the footnote code / marker.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS