Problem with display of Peshitta

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 308
James W Bennett | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jul 7 2010 6:04 AM

First I'd like to say I am pleased with the streamlined feel of the site and appreciate the work and effort going into providing online access to the resources we have purchased.

But, as this is a beta and we who access are beta testers we are to provide feedback also. There seems to be a problem with display of the Peshitta. The Codex Curetonianus and Codex Sinaiticus seem to display properly but the Peshitta display is problematic.You seem to be displaying the first word of each chapter followed by the first lexeme and maybe the root for that lexeme and nothing else. For example, Matthew chapter two. The first word is the preposition kd. That word is displayed with the vowel pointing is displayed and then the lexeme kd followed by the root kd. At least I presume since this is tied to the SEDRA database that it is the lexeme and root that are being displayed.

I have attached a screen capture rather than attempt to provide further description that might be confusing.

---

James W Bennett

http://syriac.tara-lu.com/

Posts 408
LogosEmployee
Bryan Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 7 2010 8:32 AM

Thanks a lot for pointing this out, James.

There are bound to be a few problems converting our resources to HTML and it's nearly impossible to test them all during development, so your feedback is greatly appreciated :)

Posts 408
LogosEmployee
Bryan Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 7 2010 10:48 AM

Look better?

Thanks again. This led me to a bug that was probably breaking other resources too. The fix will go out in the next release.

Bryan

Posts 308
James W Bennett | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 7 2010 11:40 AM

Much better. As a matter of fact, better than Logos V4. They can't display pointed Syriac correctly until they are linked against a version of .NET4 :) Thanks!!!

---

James W Bennett

http://syriac.tara-lu.com/

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS