Building a collection on another collection

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1125
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Sep 17 2020 12:51 PM

Is there a way to make a collection that contains other collections?

For example, if I have collections of Classical Greek reference books (lexicons, grammar, textbooks, etc.), Septuagint Greek reference books, and New Testament Greek reference books, could I make one super collection containing all 3 collections?

I might be mistaken in my memory, but I thought Libronix could do something like this.

Posts 10919
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 17 2020 1:38 PM

Harry Hahne:
Is there a way to make a collection that contains other collections?

Yes. You open the new collection. Then you click the Open dialog and from the list of available collections you drag one that you want into the "plus" field. This moves all books from that collection into the "super-collection". Repeat until you have all oft them.

EDIT: you may even use the search field in the Collection Tool open dialog to filter for the interesting smaller collections. See this screenshot:

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 29745
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 17 2020 1:39 PM

Yes, just drag a collection from the selection list to the add list

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1125
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 17 2020 4:00 PM

NB.Mick:
ou open the new collection. Then you click the Open dialog and from the list of available collections you drag one that you want into the "plus" field. This moves all books from that collection into the "super-collection".

Sweet! That is exactly what I wanted. I tested and if something is added to one of the sub-collections, it will  be added to the super-collection that contains other collections.

Thanks.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS