Wordsearch Moving to Logos Bible Software

Page 2 of 11 (213 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 212 Replies | 12 Followers

Posts 4080
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 18 2020 2:24 PM

Erik DiVietro:

Thank you! Looking forward to be able to use Logos for my resources. WordSearch has been seriously lagging (and their web app is sub par).

They've also been having a huge amount of issues w/ us MAC users.  It took them forever to get a Catalina version up and running and had an appstream for a while that was meh.  I bet that cost a lot of money 

Posts 938
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 18 2020 2:32 PM

This is welcomed news. As a Mac user, I hardly rarely went to my Wordsearch library because the experience was not good. It will be great accessing them in Logos.

Pastor, Cornerstone Baptist Church, Clinton, SC

Posts 3251
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 18 2020 2:40 PM

I'm surprised, but very happy to have this happen- have numerous volumes in WS that were not available in Logos, I hope all this is transferred over with no problems.

Posts 942
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 18 2020 2:44 PM

1. I didn't understand about duplicate resources older than 60 days. Will we end up with 2 copies or do we lose a copy?

2. My accounts have identical email addresses. What if I don't want my 2 accounts merged/combined?

3. I'm happy, happy, happy. Big SmileYesYes

Posts 942
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 18 2020 2:53 PM

Is this Logos 8.99?

Posts 2133
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 18 2020 3:07 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

David Taylor Jr:

I am literally jumping up and down in my house right now! I have Wordsearch on my pc just because of resources I don't have in Logos! THIS IS AWESOME!

I'm glad to hear you're as happy as we are! :)

i'll join David Taylor in literally jumping as soon as LessonMaker questions are available as a Logos resource that I can copy to a Sermon Doc! I've been with WS since before it was sold to Navigators before it was sold to Lifeway.  originally on 5.25" disks

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 985
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 18 2020 3:13 PM

JT (alabama24):

Good reminder Disciple. Yes

Yes

Posts 1968
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 18 2020 3:32 PM

Whyndell Grizzard:
I hope all this is transferred over with no problems.

We do, too. But it was a huge effort done in a very short window of time to map Wordsearch resources to Logos resources and try to determine whether they were identical, different editions, etc. So there was likely some error in our work. The way we set it up, though, will allow us to easily make adjustments over time as we discover that we incorrectly mapped one title to another that wasn't the same edition or missing a mapping for one that was the same edition. Please report anything you discover, and we'll get them corrected as soon as we can.

Also, we're still working on bringing many titles over to Logos, so don't expect your entire library to be available just yet. We processed all the license unlocks already, but many resources will need to be produced and shipped before they show up in your library.

Posts 3082
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 18 2020 3:40 PM

I am very happy I have invested a lot of resources word search and PC study Bible. I hope the something to happen to PC study Bible as well.  

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 1968
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 18 2020 3:47 PM

Dale E Heath:

1. I didn't understand about duplicate resources older than 60 days. Will we end up with 2 copies or do we lose a copy?

Logos has a 30-day return policy. Wordsearch has a 60-day return policy. If you acquired the Logos version of a resource more than 30 days ago, you can't return it. If you acquired the Wordsearch version of the same resource more than 60 days ago, you couldn't return it either. The result is that you have two licenses to the same resource. The Logos license can be transferred as per our normal license-transfer policy. The Wordsearch license can only be transferred with a complete Logos + Wordsearch license transfer.

Dale E Heath:

2. My accounts have identical email addresses. What if I don't want my 2 accounts merged/combined?

That's not something we have the ability to support right now, but we may be able to accommodate that request in the future. No promises or time frame at this point. If this becomes a common user need, we'll consider addressing it sooner.

Dale E Heath:
3. I'm happy, happy, happy. Big SmileYesYes

Very glad to hear it. When you're happy, we're happy! :)

Posts 2133
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 18 2020 3:50 PM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

Jesse Blevins:

What happens if you have bought matching content in Logos within the last 30 days regarding the 30 day money back guarantee? 

You can return any Logos purchases as per our standard 30-day return policy. If it happens to be the exact same content (sometimes Wordsearch has a different edition) then your Wordsearch license (that has been added to your Logos account) will enable that content to appear in your Library even though you returned the Logos purchase.

This merging should mean that I have 2(two) licenses to Niv84 in Logos now, Neither was purchased in the last 30-days. Is one of these transferable to another user? That is a resource with unusually high demand.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 1968
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 18 2020 3:52 PM

David Thomas:
i'll join David Taylor in literally jumping as soon as LessonMaker questions are available as a Logos resource that I can copy to a Sermon Doc!

We did acquire all LessonMaker content and will be looking for the best way to bring it into Logos.

Posts 8689
LogosEmployee

Dale E Heath:

You lose nothing.

You still have the books that you paid for in Wordsearch and you still have the books that you paid for in Logos.

Posts 3082
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 18 2020 3:56 PM

I have many the same resources on both. That means I have bought them two times. Is there any compensation for that?

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 8689
LogosEmployee

David Thomas:
This merging should mean that I have 2(two) licenses to Niv84 in Logos now, Neither was purchased in the last 30-days. Is one of these transferable to another user? That is a resource with unusually high demand.

The Logos purchase of that resource is transferrable according our standard policy: https://support.logos.com/hc/en-us/articles/360047616191-Can-I-transfer-a-Logos-resource-to-another-user- 

The Wordsearch purchase is not transferrable.

At the moment, we do not have a way for you to confirm that you have a license in your Logos library to that resource based on a purchase in Wordsearch. It's possible that you may be transferring your only copy of the license.

Posts 8689
LogosEmployee

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):
we do not have a way for you to confirm that you have a license in your Logos library to that resource based on a purchase in Wordsearch

Your user account is not currently showing any Wordsearch licenses, so I recommend not selling your Logos copy. Smile

If this is unexpected, you may need to contact Customer Service. Perhaps your WS account was under a different email and needs to be merged, or perhaps it's part of a future batch of licenses we will be importing.

Posts 808
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 18 2020 4:05 PM

Speaking as someone who never used Wordsearch, I am mostly intrigued by what their library might make available in Logos.

WIN 10 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM | iPad Air 3

Posts 2004
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 18 2020 4:08 PM

David Wanat:

Speaking as someone who never used Wordsearch, I am mostly intrigued by what their library might make available in Logos.

David

see https://www.logos.com/wordsearch-library-migration 

Posts 101
jtondee | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 18 2020 4:11 PM

How long should it take to consolidate accounts if they are tied to the same email address? I checked my wordsearch/lifeway account and it is the same email as my Logos/Faithlife. I don't see any of the resources as of yet. This is a welcome addition, Ive been using logos as my primary software since version 4. Before that I invested in Quickverse & Wordsearch because I could find book collection cds on ebay for excellent prices. Ill be glad that i can finally remove these programs from my desktop and iPad. (Especially the Wordsearch ios app.)

Posts 3082
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 18 2020 4:29 PM

I have invested many resources in quickverse migrated to PC study Bible. I have the professional library in PC study Bible . I hope one day they will be migrated to Logos.

Blessings in Christ.

Page 2 of 11 (213 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS