Wordsearch Moving to Logos Bible Software

Page 5 of 11 (213 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last »
This post has 212 Replies | 12 Followers

Posts 2
Steven Dresen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2020 5:45 AM

Will free resources that we have accumulated over the years be part of the transfer?

Posts 1358
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2020 5:47 AM

Mattillo:

Another thing I'd like to see is that once this is sorted out, could a facet be made on the logos store page so we can sort just by WS titles?  There is a bunch I'm going to want to get now that they are in Logos (never bought them in WS)

I'm wishing I had bought more from WordSearch now! Their prices were great, but navigating the App was poor. 

Posts 1358
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2020 5:48 AM

Steven Dresen:

Will free resources that we have accumulated over the years be part of the transfer?

I'm seeing them in my library. This announcement also explains why there wasn't a free book yesterday.

Posts 74
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2020 6:38 AM

LOGOS EMPLOYEES:  Please and thank U move this to the WORDsearch forum, so it does not slide into oblivion in the depths of the General forum, where I cannot find it to access content from Phil's initial post.

Posts 4077
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2020 6:52 AM

scooter:

LOGOS EMPLOYEES:  Please and thank U move this to the WORDsearch forum, so it does not slide into oblivion in the depths of the General forum, where I cannot find it to access content from Phil's initial post.

I don't think it will slide away within the next couple weeks... for now, chances are more people will see it if it stays in General.

Also, you may want to Favourite Phil's initial post. Then you can find it forever.

Posts 1484
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2020 7:13 AM

If I'm understanding the purchase of Wordsearch correctly, I'll finally have a 1984 version of the NIV in Logos that I can use in parallel with all my resources that reference the 1984 version.  Big Smile

Posts 8730
LogosEmployee

Kolen Cheung:

Thanks. But I still didn't see my resources from Wordsearch. e.g. I owned "Tozer on Christian Leadership" in Wordsearch, but I can't it in my Logos library (both desktop and web app), and also the link in https://www.logos.com/product/5010/tozer-on-christian-leadership is still trying to sell it to me rather than telling me I already owned it.

Correction: It seems that I'm seeing some of my Wordsearch resources in Logos already, but at least not those from the Tozer collection.

I'm not seeing Tozer on Christian Leadership in your Wordsearch licenses. Can you confirm the version you have in Wordsearch by going to the Library, right-clicking on that book, choosing Properties, and copying the Book ID?

Posts 8730
LogosEmployee

Jordan Litchfield:

Bradley, several years back when BibleWorks was still in operation WordSearch had an arrangement with BibleWorks that certain products could be purchased from WS and downloaded to BW. I had to set up an account with WS to do that, but as yet I haven't received any of those resources.

I'm not familiar with this license interchange program. Can you give some examples of the resources you accessed via this method? Did you ever use those books in Wordsearch, or just in BibleWorks? Do you have order history at Wordsearch that shows the purchases?

Is it possible your WS/BW account was under a different email account, eu[...]6@googlemail.com? (redacted)

If so, your WS account isn't linked with your Logos account yet and needs to be merged in.

Posts 8730
LogosEmployee

Chris Wylie:

I own 500+ books in Wordsearch.  My Wordsearch account uses the same email as my Logos account.  But I don't see any new books appearing in my Logos library.

We don't have your Wordsearch licenses yet; please check back on Monday.

Posts 8730
LogosEmployee

Keith Steele:

I'm having the same problem.  Same email address for both accounts but no books showing up.

We don't have your Wordsearch licenses yet; please check back on Monday.

Posts 8730
LogosEmployee

Mattillo:
could a facet be made on the logos store page so we can sort just by WS titles

We don't think of these as "WS titles". They all are (or will become) Logos resources, and many already existed in the Logos catalogue.

You will be able to facet by publishers who may not previously have had a lot of content in the Logos catalogue, e.g., B&H.

Posts 8730
LogosEmployee

Steven Dresen:

Yes, they should. It doesn't look like we have your Wordsearch licenses yet; please check back on Monday.

Posts 810
JRS | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2020 8:13 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
Resources: Resources owned in Wordsearch will move to your Logos account.

Phil/Bradley,

FL/Logos acquiring WS is very good news!  And, I appreciate the list of titles that are going to be transitioned over to Logos. However, I have several titles that were produced for the WS application but not by LW/WS nor sold by them.  Quickly comparing my WS library list with your list of transitioning titles, I have already spotted some that are not on the transitioning list.

Is there a similar, official list of titles that will NOT be transitioning over?

And, if they are not transitioning over (for whatever reason), is there some way to at least convert them into, say, PDFs or Word documents?  Or are they simply lost to me forever unless I laboriously copy and paste and copy and paste and copy and paste ... ?

Thanks. 

p.s. Sorry to throw more questions/work at you ... I am sure everyone at FL/Logos feels as busy as the proverbial "one-armed paperhanger" right now!

p.s.s. And while we're at it, as long as you have now taken over WordSearch ... how about bringing back good ol' InstaVerse?  I really miss that great little app.

How blessed is the one whom Thou dost choose, and bring near to Thee(Psa 65:4a)

Posts 4114
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2020 8:17 AM
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

Mattillo:
could a facet be made on the logos store page so we can sort just by WS titles

We don't think of these as "WS titles". They all are (or will become) Logos resources, and many already existed in the Logos catalogue.

You will be able to facet by publishers who may not previously have had a lot of content in the Logos catalogue, e.g., B&H.

Thank you Brad. How will we know when the titles appear in logos? Could a thread be started with the titles added this week? I’m interested in a bunch and constantly searching to see if they are in sounds boring :)
Posts 8730
LogosEmployee

JRS:

However, I have several titles that were produced for the WS application but not by LW/WS nor sold by them.  Quickly comparing my WS library list with your list of transitioning titles, I have already spotted some that are not on the transitioning list.

We have acquired the licenses to Wordsearch content that was sold by LifeWay (or by Wordsearch before they were acquired by LifeWay). If you have licenses that were purchased from a third party, we have no record of that, and will not be importing them into Logos. Do you have some examples of such titles and where you purchased them from?

JRS:
Is there a similar, official list of titles that will NOT be transitioning over?

We do not have a list of Wordsearch titles that were not produced/sold by LifeWay, so we can't produce this list (if I'm understanding you correctly).

But I guess the list of titles that's not transitioning over is everything that's not on our list of titles that are migrating?

JRS:
And, if they are not transitioning over (for whatever reason), is there some way to at least convert them into, say, PDFs or Word documents?  Or are they simply lost to me forever unless I laboriously copy and paste and copy and paste and copy and paste ... ?

Since there's no "Export Ebook" function in Wordsearch (AFAIK) you'll probably have to contact the seller/rightholder of those resources and ask if there's any way they can provide a DRM-free version of that content for you.

Posts 8730
LogosEmployee

Mattillo:

How will we know when the titles appear in logos? Could a thread be started with the titles added this week? I’m interested in a bunch and constantly searching to see if they are in sounds boring :)

If you have Automatic Updates enabled in Logos 8, then you'll get a notification in the desktop software as soon as they download.

That's a good suggestion that we should post in the Wordsearch forum when a batch of titles is released, but I can't promise that will always happen consistently.

Posts 938
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2020 8:35 AM

Bradley -- I appreciate all that you men and women at Logos are doing with the Wordsearch transition to Logos. I'll hold onto any questions for a couple of weeks while all of this plays out.

Thanks, again.

Pastor, Cornerstone Baptist Church, Clinton, SC

Posts 10
Joe Grimes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2020 8:38 AM

I had Galaxie's The Theological Journal Library - Editions 1-21 in Wordsearch.  It looks like most of the journals have been added to my Logos library but not all of them.  Since Logos has these journals already how come they are not showing up in my library?

Posts 8730
LogosEmployee

Joe Grimes:

I had Galaxie's The Theological Journal Library - Editions 1-21 in Wordsearch.  It looks like most of the journals have been added to my Logos library but not all of them.  Since Logos has these journals already how come they are not showing up in my library?

Which volumes are missing?

Posts 810
JRS | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2020 8:49 AM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):
We have acquired the licenses to Wordsearch content that was sold by LifeWay (or by Wordsearch before they were acquired by LifeWay). If you have licenses that were purchased from a third party, we have no record of that, and will not be importing them into Logos. Do you have some examples of such titles and where you purchased them from?

I think they are pretty much the ones included in this screenshot.  I don't remember the small company they were purchased from, but I do know they no longer exist.  Most titles appear to be public domain.  A few, like The Potter's Freedom and Boice' works, are still protected by copyright.  I know there is some overlap with Logos resources.

Note that I possess the actual files for these resources which I always had to manually install any time WS was (re)installed or upgraded.

It would be fantastic if Logos could convert these over for me (at least the public domain titles).

How blessed is the one whom Thou dost choose, and bring near to Thee(Psa 65:4a)

Page 5 of 11 (213 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | RSS