Page 3 of 10 (181 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 180 Replies | 24 Followers

Posts 29725
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2020 2:26 PM

Cynthia Ellis:
Sometimes simpler is better because it's more intuitive

This is very true. But it is also possible to use Logos in a simple, intuitive way depending upon what tools and resources you choose. My only experience with WordSearch is as a simple program to replace software he had used for years that no longer worked. He was in his mid 90's at the time and the transition was not easy.. The point is that initially any new software may seem foreign and exotic. It takes time to become familiar and intuitive. And as for those "more bells and whistles" remember that while they may mean nothing to you they may be essential to other users.  The larger the user base, the more likely some users need unfamiliar bells and whistles.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 10
Joel Knudsen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2020 2:38 PM

Thanks Mark, very helpful when I use Word. I still use WordPerfect most all of the time and ZipScript is fast, always available in the taskbar, and it also makes it easy to insert verses in emails, etc. (And using a little program called Pure Text allows the verses I paste to conform to my formatting with a simple click.)

Posts 13
Kennet | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2020 3:24 PM

I liked the Second Monitor Support. Just click on the Display icon from the toolbar and it opens a second space. You can drag a window into the second workspace.

Posts 68
The Flanary's | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2020 3:32 PM

open a new tab, then in the 3 dots in the top right, select "float this window". Drag and drop it on the other monitor

Stop talking about missing the "Old Saints" and be an Old Saint

Posts 19
Phyllis Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2020 3:49 PM

So far from the videos I've watched Logos is combersome. The search on Wordsearch was much easier and straight to the point. I've lost most of my Bibles too. 

Posts 144
cshover8669 | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2020 3:54 PM

One thing I would really like to see come over to Logos from Wordsearch is the linking. In Wordsearch, when you linked resources, you could set one as the lead, and others as followers, that way, the links only moved if the lead resource did. When I have a Bible linked to several study Bibles, and the next one in the resource set does not have that exact reference, the entire set moves. It would be really nice to set the Bible as the lead so none of the other links move unless you change the Bible reference.

Thanks, Carla

Posts 29725
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2020 4:15 PM

You want to use the Multiple Resource display  to get the lead-followers relationship. Link sets provides the same function except all resources are treated as equals.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 9302
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2020 4:22 PM

cshover8669:
you could set one as the lead, and others as followers,

Carla, many have asked for that capability in Logos over the years. I'm not sure why it hasn't been implemented.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 682
Scott E. Mahle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2020 4:27 PM

cshover8669:

One thing I would really like to see come over to Logos from Wordsearch is the linking. In Wordsearch, when you linked resources, you could set one as the lead, and others as followers, that way, the links only moved if the lead resource did. When I have a Bible linked to several study Bibles, and the next one in the resource set does not have that exact reference, the entire set moves. It would be really nice to set the Bible as the lead so none of the other links move unless you change the Bible reference.

Thanks, Carla

Hello Carla and welcome!

I completely agree that having a leader resource when using link sets would be great. Sadly, as you’ve discovered, it’s never happened.

Give the Multiple Resources feature a try and see if that gets you what you want. There’s also a support article on the website concerning Multiple Resource View.

If we can help with anything, please do not hesitate to ask.

Logos Series X Pastor’s Library | Logos 3 Leader’s Library | Logos 4 Portfolio | Logos 5 Platinum | Logos 6 Feature Crossgrade | Logos 7 Essential Upgrade - Large | Logos 8 Methodist & Wesleyan Platinum and Academic Professional

Posts 238
Jim Erwin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2020 7:16 PM

Yes

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/jimerwin/ - a postmodern pastor in a digital world

Posts 2005
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2020 7:53 PM

Mark Smith:
I'm not sure why it hasn't been implemented.

We have a spec for improve panel linking that we were planning to addressing this year, but it's not going to make it. It adds a new automatic mode as well as the ability to control whether it follows only or follows locations or clicks or both. I hope we can get to it next year.

Posts 9302
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2020 7:59 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
We have a spec for improve panel linking that we were planning to addressing this year, but it's not going to make it. It adds a new automatic mode as well as the ability to control whether it follows only or follows locations or clicks or both. I hope we can get to it next year.

That is great. I've certainly learned to live without it, but will be glad to have it. The entire concept you've presented will be helpful. Thanks.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 9
Jan K. van Dalen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2020 8:18 PM

pagination in ws was more ”book” like.  Felt more natural.

Posts 9
Jan K. van Dalen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2020 8:21 PM

Btw, I’m referring to the iPad version of logos

Posts 9302
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2020 8:26 PM

Jan K. van Dalen:

pagination in ws was more ”book” like.  Felt more natural.

Jan, I'm not sure what you mean as I was not a Wordsearch user.

Logos lets you set on a per-resource basis how you read that resource. If you choose you can see the resource 'page by page' or as a continuously scrolling single page. Go to the stacked three dots and under Columns choose none for scrolling view, and one of the other options for a 'page by page' view.

EDIT: only saw your clarification after I wrote and posted this.

In iOS you have the same options: scrolling or page by page. Page by page is selected by selecting one of the Column settings under the resource's View Settings menu item (under the three stacked dots). You have to toggle scrolling view on and off to either use or not use that option.

Does that make a difference?

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 9
Jan K. van Dalen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 20 2020 6:24 AM

Thanks for the tip. Already tried that. It is more the option that every chapter is its own page.  it is a visual ”thing”.

if I modify the scrolling, then to switch between bible and commentary takes an extra step.

FYI, I’m glad that logos is now in charge as ws had just abandoned the iOS solutions long ago.

Posts 107
William M. Harper | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 20 2020 6:53 AM

I think WordSearch ' User Books ' feature is much easier to work with than Logos. I also like that WordSearch has it's own built in word processor. The ' Sermons and Illustrations ' feature is probably the one I will miss the most in WordSearch which I use frequently.

Posts 54
John Simpson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 20 2020 7:46 AM

I miss the current verse being highlighted. I found a forum post from 2010 that said this can not be done in Logos.

Posts 556
Michael Kinch | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 20 2020 8:22 AM

I liked that Desktops (Layouts in Logos) saved when you closed them. In Logos we have to update before we close a layout. I would like to see an option where we can specify to save layouts when we close them. 

Posts 22
John Patterson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 20 2020 8:23 AM

WS allowed copy and paste of verses in formats we could customize. i.e. Verses without numbers followed by citation, and customize how the citation is displayed, etc. That would be helpful to me in Logos as well

Page 3 of 10 (181 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS