Page 4 of 10 (181 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last »
This post has 180 Replies | 24 Followers

Posts 10913
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 20 2020 8:38 AM

John Patterson:

WS allowed copy and paste of verses in formats we could customize. i.e. Verses without numbers followed by citation, and customize how the citation is displayed, etc. That would be helpful to me in Logos as well

The Logos Copy Bible Verse functionality does exactly that. See this wiki page for all the options you have: https://wiki.logos.com/Copy_Bible_Verses Check it out or yourself or come back if you need more help.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 682
Scott E. Mahle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 20 2020 8:49 AM

John Patterson:

WS allowed copy and paste of verses in formats we could customize. i.e. Verses without numbers followed by citation, and customize how the citation is displayed, etc. That would be helpful to me in Logos as well

Play around with the Copy Bible Verses tool, John. It’s customizable.

Logos Series X Pastor’s Library | Logos 3 Leader’s Library | Logos 4 Portfolio | Logos 5 Platinum | Logos 6 Feature Crossgrade | Logos 7 Essential Upgrade - Large | Logos 8 Methodist & Wesleyan Platinum and Academic Professional

Posts 12
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 20 2020 9:24 AM

I will also miss being able to view PDF directly in the software. I didn't use it a whole lot but it was nice to have when I did.

Peace  Smile

Romans 14:19 (NRSV)
19 Let us then pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.

Posts 3
Robert Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 20 2020 10:16 AM

This may fall under the "Panel Links" issue that is to be addressed in the future, but I am not sure.  In WS, I could have an entire commentary series (e.g. Interpretation Commentaries, Tyndale Commentaries, etc.) linked under one tab so the appropriate volume would open to the correct verse when I opened that verse in a linked Bible version.  I have not found a way to do that in Logos.

Posts 22
John Patterson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 20 2020 10:18 AM

Thanks, Scott. Chalk that one up to my not looking far enough. I was trying it the way I did in WS. I have my favorite format style up and running. Thanks again.

Posts 3
Robert Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 20 2020 10:23 AM

Note: I am talking about multi-volume commentaries that were brought into Logos from WS.  Perhaps these have not been fully integrated yet, but I have found that if I link one volume, only that volume is linked rather than the entire set.

Posts 9302
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 20 2020 10:26 AM

Robert Williams:
I have not found a way to do that in Logos.

It's pretty simple to do. Open a commentary that covers the whole Bible (no matter how many volumes). Just open one volume. (Logos automatically puts all the volumes of a commentary set in a series.) Open a Bible. Under the 3 stacked dots menu, select Link Set A (or any other letter you choose). Do the same for the commentary series, using the same letter you chose in the Bible. Now type a reference in the Bible. Your commentary will jump to that reference.

Few sets of commentaries cover the whole Bible. In the case where some books of the Bible do not have coverage, the linked commentary won't open to your selected reference. That's easy to understand.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 12
JLH | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 20 2020 10:26 AM

How do I get to the Multiple resource display?

Posts 9302
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 20 2020 10:30 AM

Robert Williams:
only that volume is linked rather than the entire set

That is not Logos' set-up, so either the other volumes have not downloaded, or they may still be being indexed or integrated into your library.

Try opening a commentary that you know you have a second volume of that commentary in your library. Do what I explained to link them. Type a reference that would open one of the volumes and see if it does, Then type a reference that should open a second one you know you have.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 9302
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 20 2020 10:34 AM

JLH:

Click the little down arrow to the right of the two parallel line icon on the resource header. That will open a dialog box that lets you select which resources you want to show up in the multiple resource display. You toggle the display on and off using the two parallel line icon.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 2291
LogosEmployee
Andrew Batishko (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 20 2020 11:17 AM

Michael Kinch:

I liked that Desktops (Layouts in Logos) saved when you closed them. In Logos we have to update before we close a layout. I would like to see an option where we can specify to save layouts when we close them. 

One way to enable something similar in Logos is to go to your Program Settings and change the "At Startup Open to" option to "Most recent layout" (pick "local" unless you specifically have multiple computers and want to sync your layout across all your installations).

Posts 6
Tim Olson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 20 2020 1:10 PM

Where do you find the "Additional actions" link. I typed a reference in MS Word and right clicked but don't see an option for additional actions.

Posts 54
John Simpson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 20 2020 1:55 PM

Mark Smith:

JLH:

Click the little down arrow to the right of the two parallel line icon on the resource header. That will open a dialog box that lets you select which resources you want to show up in the multiple resource display. You toggle the display on and off using the two parallel line icon.

I'm not seeing the multiple resource icon - is there a setting I'm missing?

Posts 682
Scott E. Mahle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 20 2020 2:23 PM

Tim Olson:

Where do you find the "Additional actions" link. I typed a reference in MS Word and right clicked but don't see an option for additional actions.

Hello, Tim!

In Word click File-->Options-->Add-Ins and within the Manage dropdown choose Action and click go. Make sure there is a check mark in the Enable additional actions in the right-click menu.

Logos Series X Pastor’s Library | Logos 3 Leader’s Library | Logos 4 Portfolio | Logos 5 Platinum | Logos 6 Feature Crossgrade | Logos 7 Essential Upgrade - Large | Logos 8 Methodist & Wesleyan Platinum and Academic Professional

Posts 18624
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 20 2020 2:27 PM

Robert Williams:
In WS, I could have an entire commentary series (e.g. Interpretation Commentaries, Tyndale Commentaries, etc.) linked under one tab so the appropriate volume would open to the correct verse when I opened that verse in a linked Bible version. 

Welcome Big Smile

Two options in Logos (OR Verbum) are 1) using Linked Tabs OR 2) Multi-View ||

Screen shot shows Library filtered for Interpretation Commentaries and Tyndale Commentaries for Ephesians & Philippians. LEB is the Lexham English Bible (modern language translation with literal style) in two tabs using MultiView || (duplicated top tab followed by dragging tab to change location then changed Bible location to Philippians 4:4-9). The Top LEB tab has LEB Bible plus three Commentaries due to Tyndale Commentary series having more than one volume for Ephesians: Also have scrolled down in the Interpretation Commentary to verse 19 without changing Bible location.

Bottom LEB tab shows Bible with two commentaries from volume changes following LEB Bible location change from Ephesians 5:17 to Philippians 4:4-9. MultiView || allows commentary scrolling up OR down without changing Bible location, but changing Bible location causes commentary to scroll: e.g. Interpretation Commentaries have Bible milestone ranges so scrolling Bible within range causes Interpretation location to change to first verse in that range. Scrolling LEB to Ephesians 5:17 causes IC scroll to beginning of Ephesians 5:1-20 (linked tabs would cause Ephesians 5:1-20 to be sent to other tabs in link set so LEB location would change from Ephesians 5:17 to Ephesians 5:1).

Screen shot includes information for one commentary showing my title customization, see thread => Creating a New Series of Commentaries

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 18624
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 20 2020 2:38 PM

John Simpson:

Logos.com => Multiview Resources feature shows inclusion in many collections: e.g. Logos 8 Fundamentals & Verbum 8 Fundamentals (Fundamentals do not have dynamic pricing, but may have sale and/or special pricing - permanent licenses purchased in Fundamentals do have dynamic pricing discounting for subsequent upgrades)

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 6
Tim Olson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 20 2020 2:39 PM

OK. I did that and now I get the "Additional Actions" option when I right click a Bible reference - but when I click on "Additional Actions" the menu says "No additional actions." How do I get the Logos action to appear. Thanks.

Posts 682
Scott E. Mahle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 20 2020 2:42 PM

John Simpson:

Hello, John!

My best guess is that you do not have access to this feature according to THIS document. If that’s the case, then you’ll need to purchase, at a minimum, the Starter Feature Upgrade to obtain this particular feature.

Posts 9302
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 20 2020 2:46 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
Fundamentals do not have dynamic pricing, but may have sale and/or special pricing

With the Wordsearch 50% package discounting, Fundamentals would be just $50.00. You would get Multiview and a number of other features.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 682
Scott E. Mahle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 20 2020 3:16 PM

Tim Olson:

OK. I did that and now I get the "Additional Actions" option when I right click a Bible reference - but when I click on "Additional Actions" the menu says "No additional actions." How do I get the Logos action to appear. Thanks.

Hello again, Tim!

Are you inquiring about Smart tags? If so, please see THIS Wiki article.

Page 4 of 10 (181 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS