Page 11 of 11 (212 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11
This post has 211 Replies | 23 Followers

Posts 30842
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2021 12:38 PM

sub-thread reported as inappropriate. While I stand by my original post I apologize for my further participation.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 103
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2021 12:46 PM

Logos is publishing enneagram books this year.

There are 9 types; some of them are naturally terse.

I am naturally to-the-point.  To be otherwise, I have to work on it - it just ain't natural to beat around the bush.

I think of my EQ.  Its not naturally high.  I have worked hard for every bit of people skills I have, + sometimes the package is not enough, + I feel its only average.

I like MJ's terse comm style!

Posts 3985
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2021 1:07 PM

scooter:
I am naturally to-the-point.  To be otherwise, I have to work on it - it just ain't natural to beat around the bush.

I admire that. I tend to be vague, as well as verbose. I’m definitely not comfortable with (confrontations or) being direct.

scooter:
I think of my EQ.  Its not naturally high.  I have worked hard for every bit of people skills I have, + sometimes the package is not enough, + I feel its only average.

Don’t be unnecessarily hard on yourself, I think you tend to come across well.

Thanks to FL for including Carta and a Hebrew audio bible in Logos 9!

Posts 103
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2021 1:43 PM

PetahChristian:

scooter:

I admire that. I tend to be vague, as well as verbose. I’m definitely not comfortable with (confrontations or) being direct.

scooter:

Don’t be unnecessarily hard on yourself, I think you tend to come across well.

Thanks for the positive words, Petah.  I appreciate Ur encouragement.

You may be feeling first.  Maybe 1/3 of guys are feeling first; maybe 2/3 of ladies are.

I find that peoples' expectations relate to being called ''abrupt.''

Men are more accepted as being abrupt ''naturally.''  More women who are thinking first are called 'cold,' etc., when seen as too much to the point.  All this boxing-in of people is unfair.

Knowing a person's enneagram type allows one to understand them better.

Posts 30842
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2021 2:29 PM

BBC - Travel - How the Finnish survive without small talk

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 103
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2021 2:36 PM

MJ. Smith:

Enneagram-wise, Finland is a type 5 country.  So is Japan.

'Preciate the article - it was fun!

Posts 5087
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2021 12:10 AM

xnman:

terse is a form of smart mouth.  It's sometimes like a verbal slap. It is never kind.

Only in some 'Alice in the Wonderland' world/

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less." "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things." "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master—that's all."

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 809
Hamilton Ramos | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2021 5:51 AM

Interesting article MJ.

Ages ago I read a book that talked about perceptual channels. Different persons process environment different.

Some are Aural oriented (lots of talking, interacting verbally, etc.)

Some are more Visual (do not remember how they manifested, maybe reading n writing, painting, etc.) demonstrating emotions.

And there are Kinesthetics persons. usually highly adept at physical sports, disciplines, etc.  Incredibly, this last group, communicates a lot non-verbally, ie with energy exchange. The book said that when you have 2 kinesthetic persons, they may be sitting together for long times without saying anything, but at the energetic level lots of interaction happen.

It seems that Scandinavians in general have a tendency towards the kinesthetic perceptual channel based on some statistical data:

The topic is interesting and worthy of study, because many relationship probs are supposedly due to mismatch in styles. 

A woman that is Aural, complains that her husband does not tell her enough that he loves her, and the husband is surprised, because being a kinesthetic, he is sending all his love energetically to his wife, that maybe is not the preferred channel the woman likes.

Forgot the name of the book (dead tree), trying to find resources on perceptual channels in L9 did not show results.

Not sure if the theory of preferred perceptual channel is important in ministry, maybe it is. 

As an example here in the forums, kinesthetics probably will have problems communicating if not good at writing, because, the accompanying good vibe cannot be transmitted (eg. maybe what is written is done with good intentions, that could be picked up if close, but the actual wording of the post is not reflecting that).

Some studies have found that supposedly over 70 % of communication is non- verbal, so maybe we are more energy transmit and receive dependent that what we actually know.

The Bible talks about possible cases where energy has protagonism: Jesus saying that virtue departed Him to heal a woman, Angels seemingly directing energy at ungodly persons in Sodom and blinding them, etc.

So energy may be related to communication, and to other human activities, it would be nice to investigate more.

https://www.logos.com/search?query=energy&sortBy=Relevance&limit=60&page=1&ownership=all&geographicAvailability=availableToMe

Posts 1

I have kept wordsearch and zipscript on my computer just for that reason, so I can continue to use zipscript. 

Posts 279
xnman | Forum Activity | Replied: Today 7:53 AM

I keep WS just because some things are quicker to do in WS. Hopefully one day, this will go away and I will feel I can do things just as quick in Logos.

But I keep Zipscript... simply because there is nothing like it that will do all that it does. Quick, easy, simple. 

xn = Christan  man=man

Posts 18797
Forum MVP

xnman:
I keep WS just because some things are quicker to do in WS. Hopefully one day, this will go away and I will feel I can do things just as quick in Logos.

Please share what task(s) are quicker in WS.

Personally have Logos 9 (big purchased library with all features enabled) and Verbum 9 (small demonstration library with few features enabled) open at the same time. Right Click on a Bible word is quicker in Verbum 9 (less stuff for context menu population) than Logos 9. Still dreaming of context menu customization to show interesting subset (instead of current implementation to always search & show everything that takes longer). Information Tool has sections for showing everything, which can be collapsed/expanded as desired. Logos 9 Right Click irritant is clicking a line whose action is different since another item was enabled for Right Click display (shifting other lines down) before my click was processed so an unexpected action happened.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 4702
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Today 1:22 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
Still dreaming of context menu customization to show interesting subset (instead of current implementation to always search & show everything [...]).

I'm with you there.

"The saints are the true interpreters of Holy Scripture. The meaning of a given passage of the Bible becomes most intelligible in those human beings who have been totally transfixed by it and have lived it out." - Pope Benedict XVI

Page 11 of 11 (212 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 | RSS