Page 1 of 2 (33 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 32 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 9
Daniel Kyle | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Sep 18 2020 9:37 PM

The interface in Wordsearch Made sense to me. As a New to Logos user it appears to me that I will have to spend a LOT more time learning Logos than studying the Bible or preparing my lessons and sermon outlines for a long time to come. It sure isn't what I want to do. Mt Wordsearch Library is pretty large with a lot of investment, I am thankful that Logos is making an effort to to migrate the resources but I honestly don't know if I can migrate to SUCH a different way of doing things. I am almost 65 with effects of a Traumatic Brain Injury three years ago which makes remembering new ways difficult. I may have to just continue using my outdated Wordsearch offline. I am very frustrated already. In 2007 I had to abandon $5,000 dollars worth of Bible Software so it's unfortunately not my first rodeo. I use to build and repair computers from the early 1980's to 2003 and do some programing too so I am not dumb but, I am sick of having to abandon things that work GREAT!  

Posts 30220
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 18 2020 10:29 PM

Welcome to the forums. My father, a retired rancher and county computer nerd went into the schools every morning to solve computer problems well into his 80's. By  his mid-nineties the decrease in coordination and mental acuity made adjusting to new software difficult. But I found if it was presented one skill at a time for skills that he needed right then, he could still handle a computer. Keep coming to the forums to ask questions for exactly what you need. There is much of Logos you'll never need to use.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2739
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 18 2020 10:32 PM

Daniel, 
I understand your pain, being both a Bible Explorer and Wordsearch 4 user, the switch to cross format hit me badly too.

There are a large number of us who have used multiple software platforms before, dont be afraid to ask in the "Wordsearch" forum here, "How do I?", as many will assist you

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 3
Dennis Wilder | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2020 5:25 AM

Logos is junk, change my mind!

Posts 4448
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2020 6:10 AM

Hi Daniel,

Ask all the questions you want about how to do stuff on the forums, and you'll get all the assistance possible. The community on these forums is very accustomed to helping people new to Logos with all kinds of stuff. Learning Logos on your own can be challenging. Learning with forum dwellers' assistance is a lot easier. [:-)]

“God watches over the affairs of those who truly love him without their worrying about them.” - St. John of the Cross

Posts 4448
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2020 6:15 AM

Dennis Wilder:

Sorry, I can't change your mind against your will.

“God watches over the affairs of those who truly love him without their worrying about them.” - St. John of the Cross

Posts 2466
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2020 6:23 AM

Dennis Wilder:

I am a long time WS user (Since 2.0) and Logos user. Please let us know your workflow and specific features of WS that you would like us to try and show you how to accomplish, if possible, in Logos. We are glad to assist.

Posts 8880
LogosEmployee

SineNomine:

Whoa whoa whoa, please keep theological debates off the forum! Big Smile

Posts 8880
LogosEmployee

John Fidel:

Dennis Wilder:

I am a long time WS user (Since 2.0) and Logos user. Please let us know your workflow and specific features of WS that you would like us to try and show you how to accomplish, if possible, in Logos. We are glad to assist.

I think Dennis may be upset that two of his Bibles weren't imported in the first round of license transfers: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/193831/1117064.aspx#1117064 

Posts 2466
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2020 7:26 AM

A few resources of note that are in Logos and should transfer, but have not:

NASB77

Preacher's Outline and Sermon Commentaries

AW Tozer Collection

Expository Preaching Outlines - Olford

Please let me know the status of these. I realize there are many that are not yet in Logos, but these resources are currently available.

Thanks!!

Posts 11152
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2020 7:54 AM

John Fidel:

NASB77

actually I got this one from the merge (it's just called NASB)

John Fidel:

Do you mean POSB? (the B stands for Bible, even though those are commentaries), if so, I got one [Romans] from the merge

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 8880
LogosEmployee

John Fidel:

NASB77

AW Tozer Collection

We don't have a record of NASB77 in your Wordsearch licenses. Another customer has reported missing Tozer as well (https://community.logos.com/forums/p/193801/1117039.aspx#1117039) so there may be something we need to look into further there. We probably won't have any updates until early next week, sorry.

Posts 270
Claude Brown Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2020 8:05 AM

John Fidel:

NASB77

AW Tozer Collection

Please let me know the status of these. I realize there are many that are not yet in Logos, but these resources are currently available.

Thanks!!

I did get all of my Preacher's Outline and Sermon Commentaries

Posts 2466
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2020 8:09 AM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

We don't have a record of NASB77 in your Wordsearch licenses. Another customer has reported missing Tozer as well (https://community.logos.com/forums/p/193801/1117039.aspx#1117039) so there may be something we need to look into further there. We probably won't have any updates until early next week, sorry.

Not a problem. I can e mail whatever license information that would be helpful in getting this resolved. Just let me know. I have a complete list of WS resources.

Thanks.

Posts 8880
LogosEmployee

John Fidel:

Not a problem. I can e mail whatever license information that would be helpful in getting this resolved. Just let me know. I have a complete list of WS resources.

That would be very helpful. Please send it to first.last@faithlife.com.

Posts 2466
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2020 8:20 AM

John Fidel:

That would be very helpful. Please send it to first.last@faithlife.com.

That e mail address is not working.

This is the PPE Hosted Dispatch mail system.

PPE Hosted tried to deliver your email message,
but was unable to do so for reasons outside our control.

We recommend contacting the person or service responsible for
looking after the recipient domain's email server directly.

The last error message we have available from the recipient's
server is included right below, along with an extract of your
email:

Thanks

Posts 8880
LogosEmployee

Use my first name and last name in the email address. Big Smile

(I just wanted to obfuscate it a little instead of posting my email address directly in the forums.)

Posts 9396
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2020 8:35 AM

Daniel Kyle:
As a New to Logos user it appears to me that I will have to spend a LOT more time learning Logos

I think that is the reaction of many people new to Logos Bible Software.

Let me suggest you begin by doing the simplest things possible with Logos. Launch your studies from the Logos Home Page by typing a passage or topic into the Go bar and hitting Enter. This will give you simple but helpful layouts of your Bible and key Logos tools. From there, you can add additional tools or do searches from the right click menu on words.

Then I'd suggest you view one of the Logos video tutorials every day (or at whatever pace you like) to add to your understanding and your skill set.

You can keep going back to WordSearch for awhile to get things done you haven't yet learned to do in Logos.

Take a small bite at a time and it won't be too difficult.

Best of luck.

Remember there is a lot of help available in the regular Logos 8 Forum besides here. This is a friendly place and no question is too simple.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 2466
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2020 8:50 AM

Use my first name and last name in the email address. Big Smile

(I just wanted to obfuscate it a little instead of posting my email address directly in the forums.)

Blushing... of course.

Posts 4448
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2020 9:20 AM

SineNomine:

Whoa whoa whoa, please keep theological debates off the forum! Big Smile

Oops! Big Smile

Page 1 of 2 (33 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS