Page 2 of 9 (166 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 165 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 14
Homer Shoemaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2020 7:42 AM

Good Morning Bradley, 

Is it best to keep adding to this thread, or should I create a new thread in this forum?  If you prefer, I can create a new thread, and copy and paste the below information.  Please let me know your preference.

In WS12, I have the Study Notes for the NKJV version of the Reformation Study Bible, and also the Study Notes for the ESV version of the Reformation Study Bible.  Only the latter came over.  I would like to keep both in Logos, if possible.

This is the one I'm missing.

Reformation Study Bible, The
© 2005 by Ligonier Ministries. Database © 2012 WORDsearch Corp.

Author: Sproul, R.C.
Prepared by: WORDsearch Corp.
Version: 0
Language: English
Printed ISBN: 9781596381360
Software ISBN:
Category: Study Notes
CBP date: 2/27/2012 10:51:56 AM
DAT date: 2/27/2012 10:51:54 AM
Book ID: 0:4866

This is the one that came over.

Reformation Study Bible
© 2015 Reformation Trust Publishing. Database © 2017 WORDsearch.

Author: Sproul, R. C.
Prepared by: WORDsearch
Printed ISBN: 9781567694406
Software ISBN:
CBP date: 6/2/2017 9:57:02 AM
DAT date: 6/2/2017 9:57:00 AM
Book ID: 0:15585

Posts 8691
LogosEmployee

This one looks complicated.

Homer Shoemaker:

This is the one I'm missing.

Reformation Study Bible, The

© 2005 by Ligonier Ministries. Database © 2012 WORDsearch Corp.

Author: Sproul, R.C. 
Prepared by: WORDsearch Corp. 

Printed ISBN: 9781596381360
Software ISBN:
CBP date: 2/27/2012 10:51:56 AM
DAT date: 2/27/2012 10:51:54 AM
Book ID: 0:4866

I have this resource in WS12 with the same book info. When I open it to Gen 1:24, it reads "livestock ... beasts of the earth". This matches the ESV text that Logos has in LLS:ESVREFSTBBL (The Reformation Study Bible: English Standard Version).

The copyright also matches the copyright on the title page of the Logos edition: "Copyright © 2005 by Ligonier Ministries".

So from what I can tell, we've linked that one correctly.

I don't seem to have 0:15585 in my WS library, so I can't examine that one. But it seems like an even newer edition? Can you provide some information or screenshots from WS that show the NKJV notes?

Posts 3
Gary Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2020 9:51 AM

All of my books from the "Great Lives from God's Word" series made it over to my Logos library except these two:

Great Lives from God's Word: David
© 1997 by Charles R. Swindoll. Database © 2020 Wordsearch.
Author: Swindoll, Charles R
Printed ISBN: 9781400202249
Software ISBN:
Category: Literature\Biographies
CBP date: 8/12/2020 7:36:16 PM
DAT date: 8/12/2020 7:36:16 PM
Book ID: 0:18973

Great Lives from God's Word: Elijah
© 2000 by Charles R. Swindoll, Inc. Database © 2020 Wordsearch.
Author: Swindoll, Charles R
Printed ISBN: 9781400280322
Software ISBN:
Category: Literature\Biographies
CBP date: 8/12/2020 7:36:16 PM
DAT date: 8/12/2020 7:36:16 PM
Book ID: 0:18974

I see them in the Logos store, but they are marked as unowned.

Thanks for all of your work Bradley, it looks like you have been very busy.

Posts 14
Homer Shoemaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2020 10:24 AM

Hello Bradley,

I see what you mean!

At least for the note that you mentioned it seems that the Logos version has used the NKJV notes for the ESV version!

Here is a screen shot of that particular note from the WS book ID 4866, the earlier NKJV version.

Here is a screen shot of the same verse note from the WS book ID 15585, the later ESV version.

Posts 14
Homer Shoemaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2020 10:24 AM

Hello Bradley,

I see what you mean!

At least for the note that you mentioned it seems that the Logos version has used the NKJV notes for the ESV version!

Here is a screen shot of that particular note from the WS book ID 4866, the earlier NKJV version.

Here is a screen shot of the same verse note from the WS book ID 15585, the later ESV version.

Posts 14
Homer Shoemaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2020 10:40 AM

Hello Bradley,

I see what you mean!  It appears that the notes in the Logos copy of The Reformation Study Bible: English Standard Version have come from the actual NKJV of the Reformation Study Bible!  I own both Bibles in physical format as well, and I confirmed that.

==================================================================

Here is the Genesis 1:24 note from the NKJV version from Wordsearch,, book ID 4866.

1:24 livestock ... beasts of the earth. The contrast between wild and domesticated animals differentiates carnivores from cattle (the Hebrew here for "beasts of the earth" is the same as that in Job 5:22; Ps. 79:2; Ezek. 29:5; 32:4; 34:28).

The Reformation Study Bible.

=================================================================

================================================================

Here is the Genesis 1:24 note from the ESV version from Wordsearch, book ID 15585.

1:24 livestock . . . beasts of the earth. A distinction is drawn between domesticated and wild animals.

Reformation Study Bible (2015 Edition): English Standard Version.

================================================================

And here is the note from the Logos (ESV) versiion.

1:24 livestock … beasts of the earth. The contrast between wild and domesticated animals differentiates carnivores from cattle (the Hebrew here for “beasts of the earth” is the same as that in Job 5:22; Ps. 79:2; Ezek. 29:5; 32:4; 34:28).

Sproul, R. C. (Ed.). (2005). The Reformation Study Bible: English Standard Version (p. 8). Orlando, FL; Lake Mary, FL: Ligonier Ministries.

Edit:

It seems that the screen clips don't make it through the posting process. Let me try it another way.

2nd Edit:

I did a copy and paste from the WS versions instead of taking a screen clip.

Posts 14
Homer Shoemaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2020 11:14 AM

Hi Bradley,

I see that both ISBN's point to physical ESV versions.  So, there is no mismatch between the Bible version and the notes.

While there are two versions of notes, apparently the earlier version of the notes was used in both NKJV and ESV Bibles!

I prefer the version of the notes that you supplied, i.e. the earlier version.  But if you can find the newer version of notes and add them separately without deleting the earlier version, that would great.  This sounds like a back burner issue, unless someone else really wants the newer notes.

Update:

Hi Bradley,

Not sure what happened, but they're both available now!  Woo Hoo!

Posts 4073
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2020 1:02 PM

Skimming through my wordsearch library, and comparing it to my Logos library revealed I have 3 Christ-centered exposition titles (eg exalting Jesus in: ) that I do have in wordsearch, that Logos has, and are not yet in my library.

Early days yet, so I may just need to be more patient:).

L2 lvl4 (...) L8 Platinum, WORDsearch

Posts 4073
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2020 2:42 PM

abondservant:

Skimming through my wordsearch library, and comparing it to my Logos library revealed I have 3 Christ-centered exposition titles (eg exalting Jesus in: ) that I do have in wordsearch, that Logos has, and are not yet in my library.

Early days yet, so I may just need to be more patient:).

Dug a little deeper after this link came to my attention (https://www.logos.com/wordsearch-library-migration),

The one of the four Exalting Jesus (AKA Christ-Centered Exposition) titles that I found in logos was there because I had previously purchased it.

These are the ones I have licenses for in Wordsearch, that did not (yet) come into logos:

Christ-Centered Exposition - Exalting Jesus in Ezra-Nehemiah   [From LifeWay account]
Christ-Centered Exposition - Exalting Jesus in Galatians   [From LifeWay account]
Christ-Centered Exposition - Exalting Jesus in Mark   [From LifeWay account]
Christ-Centered Exposition - Exalting Jesus in Song of Songs   [From LifeWay account]

The glitch seems to be the licenses for these titles didn't seem to transfer, because they are not listed on the link above as belonging to me.

Noticing a trend, these are also mising - 4 volumes from NAC, and the Holman Bible Atlas

Posts 2133
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2020 3:14 PM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

John Simpson:

What's the best way to report library mismatches from Wordsearch?

In this forum.

Bradley, I found 2 mismatches.

1. Logos list 0:359 as unknown. [but 0:741 is correctly listed as the Index for 0:359]

Logos resource https://www.logos.com/product/169126 is linked to both 0:293 (correctly) and 0:294 (which should be https://www.logos.com/product/169127 )

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 47
John Simpson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2020 4:21 PM

0:876 Westminster Theological Journal Vol 76 was omitted from the sets by Wordsearch, though it shows in the booklist.xml

Theological Journal Collection Library Update - 17th Edition had Westminster Theological Journal: Volume 75
Theological Journal Collection Library Update - 18th Edition didn't have any
Theological Journal Collection Library Update - 19th Edition had only Westminster Theological Journal: Volume 77

Will we need to purchase Volume 76 separately?

Posts 8691
LogosEmployee

abondservant:

The glitch seems to be the licenses for these titles didn't seem to transfer, because they are not listed on the link above as belonging to me.

I'm not sure where this screenshot comes from, but I interpret it as saying most of your content is licensed through Wordsearch, but those four titles are licensed from LifeWay.

Faithlife only acquired the Wordsearch customers, contracts, licenses, and ebooks. Anything purchased from LifeWay remains on your LifeWay account and continues to be accessed through their web and mobile readers. (LifeWay had a system that would send LifeWay licenses to the WS desktop application; this will be turned off, or may already have been turned off.)

Posts 2042
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2020 5:08 PM

None of my Wordsearch book licenses have transferred over to Logos yet. Both my Logos and Wordsearch accounts are under my @me.com email (last name, first name before the @).

My Perks membership just migrated over.

Nathan Parker

Posts 4073
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2020 6:02 PM

It came from "my library list" in ws 12.

I was beginning to wonder if it wasn't something like that by the end when I mentioned the trend.

I don't know how or why I would have had lifeway licenses separate from wordsearch, but clearly i do.

Thank you for clearing that up for me :).

Posts 2042
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2020 7:15 PM

I can't get the "View Upcoming Titles" link to load for me. Here are Wordsearch to Logos titles I wanted to know about:

• Trailblazin Ministries Devotional Commentary-This was created by a former Wordsearch employee and imported into my library. I have the book files to it, plus the contact info of the Wordsearch employee if you need it.
  • Wesley’s Commentary
  • Eternal Israel (NAC Series)
  • Lessonmaker lessons (Adult and Youth)
  • Following God lessons
  • LifeChange lesons
  • LifeGuide lessons
  • Adrian Rogers Sermons Additional Content-I purchased the Pastor Training Institute Videos in Wordsearch. I'm supposed to have the entire Pastor Training Institute conference videos, plus there was a companion workbook in PDF (I could never get that to download). It would be great if Logos could re-offer this to new Logos customers, since it was a limited time only promo in Wordsearch (and one I absolutely love)
  • Read.Pray.Worship.Live
  • 24 Hour Counselor-This was created by a former Wordsearch employee and imported into my library. I have the book files to it, plus the contact info of the Wordsearch employee if you need it.
  • Then and Now Bible Maps
  • Bible Lands Map Set Maps-This was from the Bible Explorer acquisition. While Logos Atlas is the best, I still found these maps useful.
  • Parsons Bible Atlas-This was from the QuickVerse acquisition. While Logos Atlas is the best, I still found these maps useful.
  • Parsons Bible Maps-This was from the QuickVerse acquisition. While Logos Atlas is the best, I still found these maps useful.
  • Founders Journal-I had a handful of these in Wordsearch.
  • Biblical Illustrator Photo Gallery-This was from the Bible Explorer acquisition. These would be useful to fold into Logos Media.
  • Dore’s Woodcuts-This was from the Bible Explorer acquisition. These would be useful to fold into Logos Media.
  • Photographs of Israel
  • An Interpretation of the English Bible
  • Complete Biblical Library
  • Butler Sermon Starters (Remaining Volumes)
  • Explore Biblical Genealogies-This was from the Bible Explorer acquisition.
  • Thompson Chain (I know this is coming)
  • Lost Sermons of Spurgeon
  • Holman KJV Study Bible
  • Going Deeper with NT Greek
  • AMG Concise Bible Doctrines
  • Polity
  • Thompson’s Topics Original-This was from the Bible Explorer acquisition. The revised edition is the most useful, but this has still been useful
  • Wordsearch Outlines-From Wordsearch 5
  • Lessonmaker Outlines-From Wordsearch 5

Nathan Parker

Posts 2042
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2020 7:17 PM

By the way Bradley, Lifeway phased out their eReader and replaced it with Wordsearch as the eReader.

How will we be able to continue reading our electronic content licensed under Lifeway?

Faithlife acquiring those would be good since right now those would be dead titles we can't access.

Nathan Parker

Posts 2042
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2020 9:32 PM

Here are the volumes I have marked "Lifeway" in their licenses:

• Evangelism Handbook
  • Holman OT Commentary
  • NAC Revelation
  • Planting Missional Churches
  • Upon This Rock

Since Lifeway no longer has an eReader for these, how will I be able to read these?

Nathan Parker

Posts 8691
LogosEmployee

David Thomas:
1. Logos list 0:359 as unknown. [but 0:741 is correctly listed as the Index for 0:359]

It now says StraighTrak.

David Thomas:
Logos resource https://www.logos.com/product/169126 is linked to both 0:293 (correctly) and 0:294 (which should be https://www.logos.com/product/169127 )

Thanks; fixed.

Posts 8691
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2020 10:00 PM

Nathan Parker:
I can't get the "View Upcoming Titles" link to load for me. Here are Wordsearch to Logos titles I wanted to know about:

Can you find the information you need at https://www.logos.com/wordsearch/library-migration ?

Posts 8691
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2020 10:02 PM

Nathan Parker:

By the way Bradley, Lifeway phased out their eReader and replaced it with Wordsearch as the eReader.

How will we be able to continue reading our electronic content licensed under Lifeway?

Use https://read.lifeway.com/ 

Page 2 of 9 (166 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS