Page 6 of 11 (207 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last »
This post has 206 Replies | 10 Followers

Posts 17
Markus Dasilva | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 28 2020 10:06 AM

Good Afternoon Bradley. The Bible you have currently mapped as: 0:5761 Nova Almeida Atualizada is copyrighted, but the one in WS is on the Public Domain and not the same. If possible, I would like to have the public domain version, just like in Wordsearch. Thanks.

Posts 8977
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 28 2020 10:43 AM

Markus Dasilva:
The Bible you have currently mapped as: 0:5761 Nova Almeida Atualizada is copyrighted, but the one in WS is on the Public Domain and not the same.

Thanks. These are not the same, and I've unlinked them. We'll check to see if we do have the corresponding version.

Posts 4279
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 28 2020 11:13 AM

I wouldn't call this a Mismatch but it is a duplicate.  See photo but this is Rose Publishing's pamphlet from WS and it was duplicated in my library (I owned it in both WS and FLEB). The Fleb version is formatted better IMO

Posts 8977
LogosEmployee

Mattillo:

I wouldn't call this a Mismatch but it is a duplicate.  See photo but this is Rose Publishing's pamphlet from WS and it was duplicated in my library (I owned it in both WS and FLEB). The Fleb version is formatted better IMO

We'll replace the auto-converted WS title with the existing Faithlife Ebook (so the WS title will be removed from your library).

Posts 4279
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 28 2020 5:12 PM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

Mattillo:

We'll replace the auto-converted WS title with the existing Faithlife Ebook (so the WS title will be removed from your library).

ok. I already had the FLEB version. It was more so to help you guys out from converting unnecessary titles  :) I’ll keep it if you plan to leave it in the system but as I mentioned earlier the FLEB is much better formatted

Posts 8977
LogosEmployee

Yes, but not everyone who owned this in WS already had the FLEB version. In general, we're standardising on the resource we already had in Logos, instead of putting more effort into the ones converted from Wordsearch resources.

Posts 4279
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 29 2020 7:36 AM

Yes, but not everyone who owned this in WS already had the FLEB version. In general, we're standardising on the resource we already had in Logos, instead of putting more effort into the ones converted from Wordsearch resources.

That makes sense sir!  My point was if you plan on leaving the WS version up and in the system, I'd like to keep it and have both.  If you plan to remove the WS version from everyone and give them the FLEB version then I'm ok with removing it.  I believe option two would be best for all but that is up to you.

Posts 5
Tagg Wolverton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 29 2020 12:11 PM

So I'm also wondering when the Adult Lessonmaker Questions will be available? Is that a licensing or a 'have to get the file prepped' thing?

Posts 2261
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 29 2020 12:24 PM

Tagg Wolverton:
'have to get the file prepped' thing?

An earlier post by one of the Faithlife execs said they are trying to figure out how best to incorporate LESSONmaker functionality.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 145
Wayne Clarke | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 29 2020 8:48 PM

Bradley,

I am wondering if the following are improperly matched.

'Ruth For You', part of the 'God's Word For You' series.  In Wordsearch the Book ID is 0:19617.  On the Library Migration webpage, 0:19617 is showing as 'Ruth - Poverty and Plenty'.  I believe 'Ruth For You' 0:19617 should be linked to the Logos resource that is currently in Pre-Pub at https://www.logos.com/product/197609/ruth-for-you-revealing-gods-kindness-and-care.

Also, I own all 15 volumes of Lockyer's 'All Series' that Wordsearch had listed.  Of those, I am wondering about 5 volumes and whether they should be linked to a 6-volume Pre-Pub that Logos has in the works, https://www.logos.com/product/176897/herbert-lockyer-collection

The five resources I am wondering about are:

o   All About the Holy Spirit (0:7688)

o   All About the Second Coming (0:7690)

o   All God’s Comfort (0:7691)

o   All the Angels in the Bible (0:7689)

o   All the Music of the Bible (0:7692)

The sixth book in the Logos Pre-Pub is 'All the Teachings of Jesus', which I do not believe Wordsearch ever offered.

If these 5-volumes do properly equate to those in the 6-volume Logos Pre-Pub, would it also be possible to provide dynamic pricing for the Logos Pre-Pub?

Posts 394
Roy | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 30 2020 12:20 AM

Bradley,

It's getting hard to tell if these items have been mentioned yet.... sorry if it has.

WordSearch ID: 0:19617 God's Word for You:Ruth For You, Revealing God's Kindness and Care

There is an entry in the migration catalog for the same W.S. ID as follows: 0:19617 Ruth:Poverty and Plenty (in progress) Logos Research.

Note the different titles. This in-progress title also does not say it belongs to the God's Word for You series.

There is also a volume currently in pre-pub called by the same WordSearch title.

https://www.logos.com/product/197609/ruth-for-you-revealing-gods-kindness-and-care 

I have other pre-pubs where is states that I already own them (WordSearch transfers  such as Mattoons Treasures or even the 5 volume upgrade set from the same God's Word for You series.) 

This Ruth title does not say I own it.

Is the second In-Progress title the same as the pre-pub title? Should I "Own" this pre-pub also?

Thanks for all your hard work.

Posts 8977
LogosEmployee

Wayne Clarke:
'Ruth For You', part of the 'God's Word For You' series.  In Wordsearch the Book ID is 0:19617.  On the Library Migration webpage, 0:19617 is showing as 'Ruth - Poverty and Plenty'.  I believe 'Ruth For You' 0:19617 should be linked to the Logos resource that is currently in Pre-Pub at https://www.logos.com/product/197609/ruth-for-you-revealing-gods-kindness-and-care.

You are correct; this is now fixed.

Wayne Clarke:
Also, I own all 15 volumes of Lockyer's 'All Series' that Wordsearch had listed.  Of those, I am wondering about 5 volumes and whether they should be linked to a 6-volume Pre-Pub that Logos has in the works, https://www.logos.com/product/176897/herbert-lockyer-collection

They are already linked to that pre-pub.

Wayne Clarke:
If these 5-volumes do properly equate to those in the 6-volume Logos Pre-Pub, would it also be possible to provide dynamic pricing for the Logos Pre-Pub?

No, our system doesn't support dynamic pricing on pre-pubs. Once the pre-pub ships, you will get five of the six volumes and will be offered dynamic pricing on completing the collection.

Posts 8977
LogosEmployee

Roy:
It's getting hard to tell if these items have been mentioned yet.... sorry if it has.

It was, in the post immediately before yours. Smile It's fixed now.

Roy:

This Ruth title does not say I own it.

Is the second In-Progress title the same as the pre-pub title? Should I "Own" this pre-pub also?

Our pre-pub system assumes that no one could already own the resource because it hasn't been produced and sold yet. The Wordsearch situation breaks that assumption, so we now have problems like this.

The WS Ruth for You license has been linked to this pre-pub, so you will get it for free when it ships.

Posts 394
Roy | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 30 2020 10:39 AM

Bradley,

Thank you very much!

It was, in the post immediately before yours. Smile It's fixed now.

Hehe, Please consider the time stamp on my post. It was past bed time at that point Sleep (Thats my reason excuse anyway) Wink 

Posts 3
George Boucher | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 30 2020 10:42 AM

Book id 0:504 is mistitled as American Quotations in Logos. Here is the correct title below:

Great American Documents
Database ©2004 WORDsearch Corp

-->
Author:
Prepared by: WORDsearch Corp
Version: 2
Language: English
Printed ISBN:
Software ISBN:
Category: Literature\General
CBP date: 1/22/2008 5:21:40 PM
DAT date: 1/22/2008 5:21:40 PM
Book ID: 0:504
Path: C:\ProgramData\WORDsearch\Library\GreatAmericanDocuments\

Book summary:

This is a collection of Great American Documents that have influenced our faith. These include: Mayflower Compact, The Declaration of Independence (Rough Draft), The Declaration of Independence, The Constitution of the United States, The Bill of Rights, The Federalist Papers, Lincoln's First Inaugural Address, Lincoln's Second Inaugural Address, Lincoln's Gettsburg Address, and John F Kennedy's Inaugural Address.

Permissions:

Posts 8977
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 30 2020 11:10 AM

No, our system doesn't support dynamic pricing on pre-pubs. Once the pre-pub ships, you will get five of the six volumes and will be offered dynamic pricing on completing the collection.

I've been told that actually pre-pubs should support dynamic pricing, so I've opened an inquiry to look into why your price doesn't reflect your ownership of 5/6 of the product.

Posts 8977
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 30 2020 11:16 AM

George Boucher:
Book id 0:504 is mistitled as American Quotations in Logos. Here is the correct title below:

Thanks; I've let the team know. (As you probably saw, the content of the resource is correct; it's just its title, description, cover image and other metadata that is wrong.)

Posts 13
Stevefl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 30 2020 9:20 PM

The license for "Be Basic (Genesis 1-11)" doesn't seem to have come across from WS with the rest of Wiersbe's BE Series.

https://www.logos.com/product/5784/warren-wiersbes-old-testament-be-series

Also, "1&2 Thessalonians" and *1&2 Timothy" don't appear to have come across with the rest of the Serious Christian bundle. This is possibly because the titles are slightly different between WS and Logos. I think these are 11:1333 and 11:1337.

https://www.logos.com/product/8291/serious-christian-vols-1-20

Posts 8977
LogosEmployee

Stevefl:

The license for "Be Basic (Genesis 1-11)" doesn't seem to have come across from WS with the rest of Wiersbe's BE Series.

That's explained here: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/193950.aspx

Correction: That one should have come across (it's the NT volumes that didn't). What's the Book ID in Wordsearch?

Stevefl:
Also, "1&2 Thessalonians" and *1&2 Timothy" don't appear to have come across with the rest of the Serious Christian bundle. This is possibly because the titles are slightly different between WS and Logos. I think these are 11:1333 and 11:1337.

This is now fixed (and I believe Logos has exactly the same Galaxie-produced titles that Wordsearch did). 

Posts 13
Stevefl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 1 2020 8:45 AM

In Wordsearch the Wiersbe book is contained in a volume that covers the whole Pentateuch: 0:935

The rest of the OT has come through. Only this section didn't.

Page 6 of 11 (207 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | RSS