Page 8 of 12 (235 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last »
This post has 234 Replies | 9 Followers

Posts 19
Drew Holland | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 12 2020 4:24 AM

The Logos web page for Easton's Bible Dictionary (LLS:14.0.10) includes the statements: "Matthew George Easton was a Scottish Presbyterian preacher and writer. His most notable work was the Illustrated Bible Dictionary, Third Edition, better known as Easton's Bible Dictionary." Is this the same resource as Wordsearch's Easton's Illustrated Dictionary (0:15)?

Posts 743
Scott E. Mahle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 12 2020 5:19 AM

Hello, Drew!

Easton's Bible Dictionary (Logos) does not have the photos and illustrations included in Easton's Illustrated Bible Dictionary (Wordsearch). I would imagine that’s the reason for the two different titles. I don’t have Wordsearch to verify they were included in their copy but the page I linked to states the resource “Includes all of the original photos and illustrations.” Interestingly, Easton's Bible Dictionary (Accordance) specifically states “The illustrated portions of the Easton’s Illustrated Bible Dictionary are not included in this module.” Maybe Faithlife will be bringing the photos and illustrations over to Logos since they’ve acquired them from Wordsearch.

Logos Series X Pastor’s Library | Logos 3 Leader’s Library | 4 Portfolio | 5 Platinum | 6 Feature Crossgrade | 7 Essential | 8 M & W Platinum and Academic Professional | 9 Academic Professional and Messianic Jewish Diamond

Posts 19
Drew Holland | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 12 2020 6:30 AM

Scott,

You are exactly right based on a quick look at the Logos product. (I did not realize I already had it installed until you mentioned this.) 

Thanks, Drew

Posts 9151
LogosEmployee

Drew Holland:
1. Wordsearch's Teachers Commentary Index (0:756), which is a topical index of the lessons in Teacher's Commentary with clickable links back into the lessons, is equated to Logos' Teacher's Commentary. I cannot find the Index material in the Logos resource. Is it there or should the Index be a separate resource?

I think it should be separate; I've unlinked these so we'll know the Index resource is missing. (Also, I see the book ID is 0:742; assuming this is a typo in your post but please reply if it is showing as 0:756 for you.)

Drew Holland:
2. Wordsearch's Contemporary English Version Dictionary (0:189) is equated to Logos's The Contemporary English Version. I do not find the Dictionary content in the bible and I think it should be equated to a new resource.

Agreed.

Drew Holland:
3. Wordsearch's NLT Study Bible Xrefs (0:2799) is equated to Logos' New Living Translation Study Bible. I do not find the content of the Xrefs in the Logos resource and I think it should be equated to a new resource.

Agreed.

Drew Holland:
4. Wordsearch's New Living Translation, Second Edition (0:30) is the 2004 version of that bible. It has been equated to Logos' New Living Translation which is the 2015 version of that bible. It is probably going to acceptable to the majority of the people but it might be as issue for some.

We do not have the 2004 edition of NLT in Logos, and are choosing to map this to the 2015.

Drew Holland:
5. Wordsearch's Westminster Larger and Smaller Catechisms (0:144) is equated to 3 Logos resources including The Westminster Confession of Faith. The Confession of Faith is not included in that Wordsearch resource.

This was an alignment error; the WCF should only have been linked to 0:145.

Posts 9151
LogosEmployee

Drew Holland:

Should The Pilgrim's Progress (LLS:10.10.1) that comes with Logos 8 Basic be mapped to Wordsearch's The Pilgrim's Progress (0:54)? It is already installed in my Logos library but still shown as In Progress on my library conversion page.

Yes, it should be (and is now).

(It was incorrectly linked to this pre-order https://www.logos.com/product/187288/the-pilgrims-progress-from-this-world-to-that-which-is-to-come which is a different book.)

Posts 19
Drew Holland | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 12 2020 12:51 PM

Bradley,

The 0:756 was a typo as you guessed.

As a former Wordsearch user, I want to thank you and all the Logos team for the excellent and continuing effort that has been and is being put into this transition. It is making it much easier for folks like me.

Thanks, Drew

Posts 19
Drew Holland | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 12 2020 1:28 PM

Bradley,

Is there a reason why Wordsearch's International Standard Version (0:4) is linked in Logos to both International Standard Version and International Standard Version, New Testament?

Thanks, Drew

Posts 9151
LogosEmployee

Drew Holland:

Is there a reason why Wordsearch's International Standard Version (0:4) is linked in Logos to both International Standard Version and International Standard Version, New Testament?

It looks like this was an accident that both were included.

The Wordsearch version of ISV (which is NT only) says "Bible Explorer will include the Old Testament portion of the ISV when the translators complete it."

I don't know if that ever actually happened, but since it appears that was the intent of that resource, we have unlocked the full ISV for any Wordsearch customers who owned the ISV NT (and removed the Logos ISV NT from the alignment).

Posts 62
Larry Quinlan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 12 2020 6:25 PM

Duplicate resources? 

NICENE AND POST-NICENE FATHERS, Second Series, Volume 1

From WORDsearch = LLS:WS_A8411FDE27A44488976DBC1F29584CCA

Original Logos edition = LLS:6.60.15

Do these need to be separate resources? The content appears to be the same...

Posts 62
Larry Quinlan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 12 2020 7:52 PM

Both of the following serials open the same resource "The Gospel for the New Millennium: A Theology of Evangelism." (Or, to put it another way: "The Gospel for the New Millennium: A Theology of Evangelism" has duplicate resources in my library.) 

LLS:WS_8CDFD5B95C07400C8169914675D81E45

and

LLS:WS_DD6778FAAA8D43538DA759FABA09D056

Upon further inspection, "LLS:WS_8CDFD5B95C07400C8169914675D81E45" is the complete "book" while "LLS:WS_DD6778FAAA8D43538DA759FABA09D056" (though representing itself as the entire work via the title page and cover) is, in fact, only a single chapter of the work and is therefore extraneous... 

Posts 4
Pascal Bougie | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 13 2020 8:00 AM

Hi Bradley,

I think that Wordsearch book ID 0:355 is not linked properly. When I check https://www.logos.com/wordsearch/library-migration  it says "In Progress Ebook". This Wordsearch product contains 30 study guides that are already available in the Logos format and currently for sale at Logos.com. Would it be possible to link to those 30 books and unlock them?

I got Wordsearch book ID 0:355 as part of this bundle of 46 study guides.
https://wordsearchbible.lifeway.com/products/47568-lifechange-series .
16 of the study guides transferred successfully as separate books, but I am missing the other 30 books.

Posts 2466
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 13 2020 8:42 AM

Pascal Bougie:
16 of the study guides transferred successfully as separate books, but I am missing the other 30 books.

Pascal, there is another thread where users have requested that collections of Logos books be broken up so that individual titles can be purchased. I have requested that the 45 volume collection in Logos be broken up so that the WordSearch titles can be migrated. here is a link to the other thread - https://community.logos.com/forums/p/133838/1106759.aspx#1106759 

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 9151
LogosEmployee

Larry Quinlan:

NICENE AND POST-NICENE FATHERS, Second Series, Volume 1

From WORDsearch = LLS:WS_A8411FDE27A44488976DBC1F29584CCA

Original Logos edition = LLS:6.60.15

Do these need to be separate resources? The content appears to be the same...

No; the Wordsearch volume was mistakenly brought over as a Faithlife Ebook and will be replaced with the Logos resources.

Posts 9151
LogosEmployee

Larry Quinlan:
Upon further inspection, "LLS:WS_8CDFD5B95C07400C8169914675D81E45" is the complete "book" while "LLS:WS_DD6778FAAA8D43538DA759FABA09D056" (though representing itself as the entire work via the title page and cover) is, in fact, only a single chapter of the work and is therefore extraneous... 

The second resource represents 0:16299 from Wordsearch, which is also a single chapter (Chapter 2).

You can "hide" a book in Logos if it's extraneous and you no longer want to see it in your library: https://wiki.logos.com/Hiding%20Books 

Posts 9151
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 13 2020 10:02 AM

Pascal Bougie:
I think that Wordsearch book ID 0:355 is not linked properly. When I check https://www.logos.com/wordsearch/library-migration  it says "In Progress Ebook". This Wordsearch product contains 30 study guides that are already available in the Logos format and currently for sale at Logos.com. Would it be possible to link to those 30 books and unlock them?

I'll check on this.

Posts 62
Larry Quinlan | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 13 2020 11:07 AM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):
You can "hide" a book in Logos if it's extraneous and you no longer want to see it in your library: https://wiki.logos.com/Hiding%20Books 

Thanks, Bradley, for the quick reply!

Posts 9151
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 13 2020 11:47 AM

Pascal Bougie:

This Book ID has been changed to link to the 29 LifeChange study guides already in Logos. (The license change may take a few hours to roll out.)

The exception is 1 Samuel, which seems to have been substantially rewritten to become the 1 & 2 Samuel volume (which is in Logos). We're still figuring out what to do with this one.

Posts 4
Pascal Bougie | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 13 2020 2:57 PM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

This Book ID has been changed to link to the 29 LifeChange study guides already in Logos. (The license change may take a few hours to roll out.)

Thank you!

Posts 1
Eric Prenshaw | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 15 2020 11:16 AM

Hello, I am wondering about the Feasting on the Word resource. The way it was bundled with Wordsearch is that I had access to the 12 volumes as well as the additional essays. The 12 volumes have transferred over, 0:5294-0:5305. However, I still do not have access to the additional essays. 

This is the missing resource I am talking about

https://www.logos.com/product/156244/feasting-on-the-word-additional-essays

Any update on this?

Posts 9151
LogosEmployee

Eric Prenshaw:
The way it was bundled with Wordsearch is that I had access to the 12 volumes as well as the additional essays. The 12 volumes have transferred over, 0:5294-0:5305. However, I still do not have access to the additional essays.

Thanks for the feedback; we overlooked this essays resource. We'll be unlocking it for all Wordsearch owners soon.

Page 8 of 12 (235 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last » | RSS