Is it possible to do a basic search ...

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 26
G | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Sep 20 2020 12:43 PM

Is it possible to do a basic (or other) search of my resources with whatever criteria, but limited to only those I purchased since some date?

Researching, I start by searching my resources using the relevant criteria, then work away;

But at some point later in the project, I want to see if something relevant is also in the new resources I've bought since I started the effort, without wading through the other resources I've already looked at.

Posts 29789
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 20 2020 12:53 PM

You can make a collection based on the date and then search that collection. You likely can do it with a temporary collection created on the fly as well although I haven't tried that. See https://support.logos.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016299092-Create-and-Use-Resource-Collections

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 18630
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 20 2020 12:58 PM

G:
Is it possible to do a basic (or other) search of my resources with whatever criteria, but limited to only those I purchased since some date?

Trivially no because Logos & Verbum Library lacks a column showing license date (would be an awesome and appreciated column, especially if it hyperlinked to order history).

Library does have Added facet so can select all resources recently added to tag them, where tag can be used later for searching.

Basic Search can easily be done for publication date: e.g. search for Love in resources downloaded to device that were published after 2015

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 25886
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2020 4:14 PM

G:

You can create a Collection with a  rule like: Addeddate:<greater Aug 31, 2020> 

Change the date as needed, and search that collection.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 2312
LogosEmployee

Or something like {AddedDate 1m} if you want a rolling date (this example would be within the last one month). You can use d, m, or y.

Posts 18630
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 22 2020 9:32 AM

Andrew Batishko (Faithlife):

Or something like {AddedDate 1m} if you want a rolling date (this example would be within the last one month). You can use d, m, or y.

Thanks Big Smile plus learned {AddedDate 6m} can be used for dynamic collection search

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 2312
LogosEmployee
Andrew Batishko (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 22 2020 10:13 AM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
plus learned {AddedDate 6m} can be used for dynamic collection search

FYI, this and other details on some of this special syntax are listed on the wiki page: https://wiki.logos.com/Library__#Search_Fields_that_you_can_use_in_the_Find_box

Posts 18630
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 22 2020 10:18 AM

plus learned {AddedDate 6m} can be used for dynamic collection search

FYI, this and other details on some of this special syntax are listed on the wiki page: https://wiki.logos.com/Library__#Search_Fields_that_you_can_use_in_the_Find_box

Would appreciate application Help - Library Filter Filters being updated to include AddedDate with syntax.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 2312
LogosEmployee
Andrew Batishko (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 22 2020 12:37 PM

Would appreciate application Help - Library Filter Filters being updated to include AddedDate with syntax.

We have intentionally left this out of the help documentation. It (and the other exact match syntax) is somewhat of a hidden/internal feature that we exposed to support certain public use cases.

We aren't quite prepared at this time to document it as fully supported syntax.

Posts 9334
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 22 2020 12:39 PM

Cue the Twilight Zone theme music. Wink

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 26
G | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 5 2020 12:42 PM

Yikes! What a fertile thread row hoed!

Thank you all. I learned stuff — and cleaned up some old tags.

g

Posts 4123
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 6 2020 6:00 AM

We have intentionally left this out of the help documentation. It (and the other exact match syntax) is somewhat of a hidden/internal feature that we exposed to support certain public use cases.

I do hope you reconsider this or make a more advanced manual and allow people to buy it for free

Posts 2312
LogosEmployee

Mattillo:
I do hope you reconsider this or make a more advanced manual and allow people to buy it for free

Users have helpfully documented it on the wiki.

https://wiki.logos.com/Library__#Search_Fields_that_you_can_use_in_the_Find_box

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS