Bible Word Study does not show Septuagint text

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1125
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Sep 20 2020 3:05 PM

The Bible Word Study on Greek words lists verses in the Septuagint (LXX) as well as the New Testament.

However, the text of the LXX verses is not displayed in the verse list in the Clause Participants section. If I hover over the reference, the text is displayed in a balloon window. I assume this is because the text is shown in the default Bible.

Since I have prioritized the LXX in English and Greek, I would expect that the text would be displayed in the verse list in the next suitable Bible if the default Bible does not have the particular book. It is more tedious to have to hover over each individual verse to see the content of the reference.

I tried changing the Bible version in the BWS, but that did not result in the verses being displayed. The version of the LXX used in the word ring is also not used to display the verse text. I would consider this a bug or at least a design weakness.

Posts 3102
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 24 2020 1:47 PM

Hi Harry,

So because the NRSV has the references and the LEB does not it is going to use the NRSV. You need to put the LES above the NRSV and use advance prioritization that you want to prefer it when a reference is to the LXX. Let me know if that helps.

Posts 3102
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 24 2020 3:42 PM

Harry Hahne:

However, the text of the LXX verses is not displayed in the verse list in the Clause Participants section. If I hover over the reference, the text is displayed in a balloon window. I assume this is because the text is shown in the default Bible.

This issue is a bug and I'll write up a case.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS