Page 7 of 13 (252 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > ... Last »
This post has 251 Replies | 13 Followers

Posts 2108
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 26 2020 9:54 PM

Bruce Arthur:

Hello, I have yet to see my tiny little WORDsearch library appear in my Logos account.

Thank you.

How many books? Which ones? Did you purchase them directly from Wordsearch? Have you backed them up to the cloud?

This article, "9 Reasons You Might Not See Your Books Yet—and What to Do About It," might help.  

Posts 9063
LogosEmployee

Bruce Arthur:

Hello, I have yet to see my tiny little WORDsearch library appear in my Logos account.

There isn't a Wordsearch account with the same email address as your Faithlife account, so no licenses were imported automatically.

I did a quick search of the WS customer database, but couldn't find an account for you. If you can remember the email address you used for Wordsearch, you can contact Faithlife Customer Service and ask for your accounts to be merged.

Posts 136
Mark Johns | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 28 2020 5:11 AM

Bradley,

Hate to bother you.  Have noticed that the migration of my WORDsearch books has really slowed down.
I still have a lot of books were the LOGOS page says either "In Progress" or "Not Started"  Most of my good
books have migrated.  But a few that I use a lot have not.  Namely, the "BE Series" by Warren Wiersbe
and "Treasures" by Rod Mattoon.  Haven't seen much of anything happening since Thursday or Friday.

Jusst wondered if the LOGOS migration took the weekend off (Just kidding...) Big Smile

Mark Johns

Posts 9063
LogosEmployee

Mark Johns:

Hate to bother you.  Have noticed that the migration of my WORDsearch books has really slowed down.

I still have a lot of books were the LOGOS page says either "In Progress" or "Not Started"  Most of my good
books have migrated.  But a few that I use a lot have not.  Namely, the "BE Series" by Warren Wiersbe
and "Treasures" by Rod Mattoon.  Haven't seen much of anything happening since Thursday or Friday.

The Be Series is discussed here: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/193950.aspx 

Regarding all the other books, we have thousands of titles to convert, and have set a goal of having them done by the end of the year.

Posts 136
Mark Johns | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 29 2020 3:23 AM

Bradley,   

Got up this morning and realized that the little round "blue" button at the top right of my LOGOS screen has disappeared.  That's the one to the left of the synchonization button.  As I recall, that is the one that tells you "Preparing Library" and "xxx resources updated" or "xx data sets updated"  

I can no longer click on the little blue button to see what resources have updated or migrated over from WORDSearch

I restarted LOGOS twice and that button is still not there.  Not even sure if the synchronization button is working.

Does this mean that something is wrong with my LOGOS?  Do I need to reinstall it?  Or, is this normal for the button
to disappear and return?  Does this mean that my Books/Volumes from WORDSearch are no longer migrating?

Mark

Posts 3153
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 29 2020 3:40 AM

Mark Johns:

Bradley,   

Got up this morning and realized that the little round "blue" button at the top right of my LOGOS screen has disappeared.  That's the one to the left of the synchonization button.  As I recall, that is the one that tells you "Preparing Library" and "xxx resources updated" or "xx data sets updated"  

I can no longer click on the little blue button to see what resources have updated or migrated over from WORDSearch

I restarted LOGOS twice and that button is still not there.  Not even sure if the synchronization button is working.

Does this mean that something is wrong with my LOGOS?  Do I need to reinstall it?  Or, is this normal for the button
to disappear and return?  Does this mean that my Books/Volumes from WORDSearch are no longer migrating?

Mark

Are you sure that you have internet connection?

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 24548
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 29 2020 3:41 AM

Mark Johns:
Or, is this normal for the button to disappear and return?

When we click that button, it shows a range of things - that the library is indexing, resources have been updated, datasets have been updated. We have the option of deleting each area within that dropdown individually - I tend to do that when I have noted the changes. Once all of these indications have been deleted, the button disappears until the next time a resource / dataset is updated.

Mark Johns:
Does this mean that something is wrong with my LOGOS?  Do I need to reinstall it?

Not at all. And, in general, there are very few situations where reinstalling Logos is required. I wouldn't advise doing so unless it has been explicitly recommended as part of a trouble-shooting process.

Mark Johns:
Does this mean that my Books/Volumes from WORDSearch are no longer migrating?

It does mean that since the last time all of the areas in that dropdown menu were cleared, no further resources or datasets have been added or updated. It does not mean that the backend process of migration is no longer happening (I have no insight into that) and, if the migration is still happening that button should reappear again when more resources are downloaded.

Posts 2109
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 29 2020 3:43 AM

Mark

the blue button will disappear if you click the x (upper right corner when blue button is clicked to see the list) after you have it openEd to see what new resources or data sets downloaded.   It will reappear when new resources are added to your library. 

Posts 136
Mark Johns | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 29 2020 4:25 AM

I have broadband Internet.  100MBps or faster.

Mark

Posts 136
Mark Johns | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 29 2020 4:44 AM

Graham,

Thanks to you and the other users I know understand.
It's just that since I upgraded to LOGOS from WORDSearch
I have been used to seeing that Blue button everytime I was using LOGOS 8.
I thought that Button was supposed to be there.

Thanks again.

Question:  If that button disappears, what is the best way to see
what resources have been added?  I still have a lot of books that 
haven't migrated over from WORDSearch.

Mark

Posts 136
Mark Johns | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 29 2020 4:45 AM

Thanks Keeeth.

When that button disappeared I thought something was wrong with LOGOS.

Mark

Posts 136
Mark Johns | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 29 2020 4:46 AM

Sorry Kenneth, didn't mean to misspell your name....

Mark

Posts 24548
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 29 2020 6:08 AM

Hi Mark

Mark Johns:
Question:  If that button disappears, what is the best way to see what resources have been added?  I still have a lot of books that haven't migrated over from WORDSearch.

If you open the Library window and scroll down to the bottom of the filter pane on the left you will see options to only show resources that have been added / updated in the last 1 / 7 / 30 days

Hopefully that will give you what you are looking for.

Posts 136
Mark Johns | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 29 2020 7:21 AM

Thanks Graham.

You are a wealth of information

Wish there was a feature in settings that would allow you to leave the button turned on.

Posts 24548
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 29 2020 7:46 AM

Mark Johns:
Wish there was a feature in settings that would allow you to leave the button turned on.

There isn't an option in settings but it should stay visible until you have explicitly deleted all the things it has been advising you about (the exception is messages about preparing library, indexing, etc). Are you not seeing that?

Posts 2600
LogosEmployee

Messages about updated resources will only stick around for a week.

Posts 24548
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 29 2020 8:00 AM

Andrew Batishko (Faithlife):
Messages about updated resources will only stick around for a week.

Thanks Andrew - I was unaware of that.

Posts 136
Mark Johns | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 29 2020 8:47 AM

Thanks Andrew.  Being a Wordsearch person, I am realizing there is a lot to learn about LOGOS.  Does it mean that the books I have in WORDsearch, which havent been converted.  When they are finally converted and updated in my LOGOS, the the little blue button will appear again once they migrate?

Posts 182
cshover8669 | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 29 2020 9:09 AM

Yes, it will re-appear. it will also appear if any Logos resources you own get updated. When the Word Search resources have been tagged and updated from ebook to Logos Research editions, you will also see the blue button.  It will also show up if it is Preparing Library, indexing, if there are updates that need to be installed or downloaded, etc,

Hope this helps, Carla

Posts 2600
LogosEmployee

Mark Johns:

Does it mean that the books I have in WORDsearch, which havent been converted.  When they are finally converted and updated in my LOGOS, the the little blue button will appear again once they migrate?

The purpose of that particular notification is to show any books that have been downloaded (either because they are new or there has been an updated) in the last week.

Page 7 of 13 (252 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > ... Last » | RSS