Page 8 of 13 (252 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last »
This post has 251 Replies | 13 Followers

Posts 3153
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 29 2020 10:00 AM

Is it possible to know  whether they are from Logos updated or Wordsearch merged?

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 2583
LogosEmployee
Andrew Batishko (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 29 2020 10:07 AM

Tes:

Is it possible to know  whether they are from Logos updated or Wordsearch merged?

You can use the facets in your Library panel to view when resource were first added to your local installation, which would different results from the facet for when the resource was updated.

Posts 3153
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 29 2020 10:16 AM

Andrew Batishko (Faithlife):

Tes:

You can use the facets in your Library panel to view when resource were first added to your local installation, which would different results from the facet for when the resource was updated.

Could you elaborate it Andrew? What? How? and Where are the Facets?

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 2583
LogosEmployee
Andrew Batishko (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 29 2020 10:27 AM

Tes:

Make sure the left side panel in the Library is open (if not, click the button with the three horizontal lines in the upper left corner of the panel to toggle it open and closed). Use the options under "Added" and "Last Updated" to filter your library to view resources added or updated within the specified date range.

Posts 3153
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 29 2020 10:56 AM

Andrew Batishko (Faithlife):

Tes:

Make sure the left side panel in the Library is open (if not, click the button with the three horizontal lines in the upper left corner of the panel to toggle it open and closed). Use the options under "Added" and "Last Updated" to filter your library to view resources added or updated within the specified date range.

Yes , but for example there were books which were updated today, but I couldn't see from which they are.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 11642
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 29 2020 11:06 AM

Tes:
there were books which were updated today, but I couldn't see from which they are.

You can't. Faithlife will update books, but I think Bradley or someone said they didn't ship book updates these days. But go for added rather than updated, so you'll get only those that are new. Unless you buy something or a PrePub ships (which you can verify by checking the order history - and those haven't stopped), the remainder of books added should be from Wordsearch. It seems some users use the mytag:wordsearch tagging for those.

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 5246
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 29 2020 12:15 PM

Tes:
Yes , but for example there were books which were updated today, but I couldn't see from which they are.

Does this help?

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 3153
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 29 2020 12:43 PM

Mike Binks:

Tes:

Does this help?

Thank you Mike. My problem is from where the update comes are they from wordsearch or from Logos? from where do these resources come? I am interested to be able to identify the resources which come from wordsearch.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 5083
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 29 2020 2:43 PM

Tes:
Thank you Mike. My problem is from where the update comes are they from wordsearch or from Logos? from where do these resources come? I am interested to be able to identify the resources which come from wordsearch.

If you didn't buy them for Logos, they're from Wordsearch. If you tag them now while it's probably still obvious which is which, you'll have the tags forever.

Posts 408
Roy | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 29 2020 3:17 PM

Tess,

Using the Library pane facets of ADDED and Last Updates is about the only way to do this,

It was said elsewhere in the forum that Faithlife/LOGOS was not going to tag the resources as to source. You have to do that with personal tags.

It was also stated in the forums that Faithlife were not going to ship ANY updates at the start of the WordSearch importing process so we users could know where the resource came from.

Right now is is a safe bet that any ADDED resources (if you have not actually purchased any books) will be from WordSearch. Remember ADDED means NEW books in LOGOS.

So what you need to do is open your library, and find the ADDED Last 14 -or- Last 30 days. If you have not Purchased any books in that time frame then you should be able to tag all of these as WordSearch. Then as the remaining books from WordSearch come in piece-mill just look in the library using the ADDED filter and tag those new books as WordSearch also. 

This will be the only way that I am aware of you can do this.

Posts 9059
LogosEmployee

Roy:
It was also stated in the forums that Faithlife were not going to ship ANY updates at the start of the WordSearch importing process so we users could know where the resource came from.

I don't think this was promised anywhere.

I remember writing something to the effect that "updates ship on Tuesday so any books that were added [on Friday] can't have been our regular updates".

Posts 408
Roy | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 29 2020 5:56 PM

Hi Bradley,

It took a bit for me to find it but I "Think" this is what I saw and referred to above.

Obviously My memory and interpretation is a bit faulty Embarrassed

Non the less, I believe that using "New" is Tes's best option to find WordSearch additions to his Logos library (and yes I understand that you did not imply that it wasn't Wink

Thanks again for all the great work you and your team are doing right now.

EDIT: I just realized that the Post I tried to find was a response to an earlier post by Tes... synchronicity?

Posts 9059
LogosEmployee

Roy:
Non the less, I believe that using "New" is Tes's best option to find WordSearch additions to his Logos library

Yes, I agree. (And my memory might be a bit faulty but I believe I've already recommended that on other threads. Smile)

Posts 3153
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 30 2020 2:15 AM

Thank you so much for all of you for taking time to make it clear to me.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 15
Bruce Arthur | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 30 2020 7:33 AM

Here is the list of books that I copied from WORDsearch to my clipboard:

My Library Report

Summary info: Your library contains 16 books, made up of 17 total volumes. You have 16 books unlocked.

Bibles

American Standard Version

Holman Christian Standard Bible - Holman Christian Standard Bible - NT

Holman Christian Standard Bible - Holman Christian Standard Bible - OT

King James Version

Commentaries

Barnes' Notes on the New Testament

Matthew Henry Concise

Cross References

HCSB Xrefs

Treasury

Devotionals

Morning and Evening

Dictionaries & Encyclopedias

Easton's Illustrated Dictionary

History & Culture

Life and Times of Jesus the Messiah, The

Maps & Atlases

Maps

Sermon Helps

How to Prepare Sermons and Gospel Addresses

Topics

Nave's Topics

Word Studies

Strong's Concordance

Strong's Talking Greek & Hebrew Dictionary

Thanks,

Bruce

Posts 15
Bruce Arthur | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 30 2020 8:37 AM

These came from a freeware version of WORDsearch that I found online.

Posts 9059
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 30 2020 10:35 AM

Bruce Arthur:

These came from a freeware version of WORDsearch that I found online.

If you never registered these licenses with Wordsearch, then they were not part of the database we acquired. 

Please read heading 6 "Your licenses were never backed up to Wordsearch’s servers" at https://blog.wordsearchbible.com/2020/09/24/9-reasons-you-might-not-see-your-books-yet-and-what-to-do-about-it/ and follow the instructions there.

Posts 15
Bruce Arthur | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 30 2020 10:48 AM

I thought I had registered these licenses with Wordsearch but when I visit their website it doesn't seem like whatever I did worked. Also the version I have of WORDsearch does not have backup to the cloud as an option under options ... backup ... Is there anything else I can do?

Posts 15
Bruce Arthur | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 30 2020 10:54 AM

Can I email to you the backup file that WORDsearch makes to my own computer?

Posts 136
Mark Johns | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 1 2020 10:13 AM

Bruce,

About two weeks or so ago I contacted LOGOS Support and asked about it.

The guy I CHATted with said I could send my Backup File and the TXT file that WORDSearch creates of all the unlocked
Books in my WORDSearch Library.  I did just that and so far most of my books have migrated to LOGOS.  Intitially I had over
2500 Books and/or Volumes in WORDSearch.  So far everything except 300 or so Books have not transferred over, but I do
believe from what I've read and what Bradley told me it will be at least the end of the year.  The only one I really miss is the 
Bundle by Rod Mattoon (that is his "Treasures of the Bible" Commentaries)  Cannot wait to get that one migrated.  Then I will
be a happy camper...

Good Luck.....

Mark

Page 8 of 13 (252 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last » | RSS