Page 11 of 13 (252 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13 Next >
This post has 251 Replies | 13 Followers

Posts 9059
LogosEmployee

We don't have a specific timeline for any resources, but we are trying to prioritise the ones customers reported as being important in this thread: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/195163.aspx

The Logos.com store should recognise any Wordsearch ownership you have (even if the file isn't available) and provide dynamic pricing on any set.

Posts 1059
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 21 2020 5:47 PM

Are you also converting all the Lifeway digital resources?

Posts 9059
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 22 2020 11:09 AM

Dale E Heath:

Are you also converting all the Lifeway digital resources?

See heading 8 at https://blog.wordsearchbible.com/2020/09/24/9-reasons-you-might-not-see-your-books-yet-and-what-to-do-about-it/ 

----

8. You purchased licenses from the LifeWay ebook store

Books purchased directly from the LifeWay store will not show up in your Logos library. They were not part of the set of licenses we acquired with the Wordsearch business. 

----

If they're not listed at https://www.logos.com/wordsearch/catalog then the answer is probably "No, those were not licenses or files we acquired as part of the Wordsearch acquisition."

(There are some resources that were in both Wordsearch and LifeWay; if we did acquire them via Wordsearch, we will produce them.) 

Posts 13
Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2020 12:46 PM

Hi Bradley,

I don't know if this is the right forum back I am missing one of the volumes of the Teach the Text Commentary Series. The volume of 2 Corinthians did not come over. I already sent an e-mail to customer service but here is the information. Thanks!

Teach the Text Commentary Series: 2 Corinthians
© 2017 by Moyer V. Hubbard. Database © 2019 Wordsearch.

Author: Hubbard, Moyer
Prepared by: WORDsearch
Version: 0
Language: English
Printed ISBN: 9780801092367
Software ISBN:
Category: Commentaries
CBP date: 8/30/2019 5:41:00 PM
DAT date: 8/30/2019 4:41:00 PM
Book ID: 0:18183
Path: C:\ProgramData\WORDsearch\Library\TeachText\TeachText2Cor\
Posts 11642
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2020 4:21 PM

Looking over https://www.logos.com/wordsearch/catalog, it seems that 0:18183 was linked to the T&T Clark Studies on 2Cor, not to Teach the Text 2Cor - which means you probably got a resource, it just was the wrong one. FL needs to fix the association. 

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 9059
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2020 10:57 AM

Sims:
I don't know if this is the right forum back I am missing one of the volumes of the Teach the Text Commentary Series. The volume of 2 Corinthians did not come over.

We've fixed the association (as identified by NB.Mick) so this resource should be showing up in your Library soon. Thanks for letting us know.

Posts 136
Mark Johns | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2021 1:03 PM

Bradley, 

Have waited several months for Matoon's Treasures to be migrated from Wordsearch to Logos.  Any way you can speed up the process?  Just a little bit?  Please?  Thank you. Mark Johns

Posts 9059
LogosEmployee

There's nothing I can do to personally speed up the process Smile, but I know these were on our list of high-priority resources to convert.

You can see here that the collection is In Production: https://www.logos.com/product/154966/treasures-from-the-scriptures-complete-collection 

Sorry that I don't have a more detailed update to share with you.

Posts 13
ABWJR | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2021 8:16 PM

Well Strong's Talking Greek and Hebrew Dictionary was brought over finally. And amazingly it doesn't talk. Nor does it sync with the other Greek and Hebrew Lexicon / Dictionaries. Then again, neither does the BDB, or tge Complete Word Study Dictionary for Hebrew. I have to keep WordSearch open to actually research words in those helps in a timely manner. Not loving Logos thus far.

Posts 11642
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2021 12:37 AM

ABWJR:
Well Strong's Talking Greek and Hebrew Dictionary was brought over finally.

This is not fully correct. It is in the process of being brought over. Currently it still shows edition "eBook" since the transfer is not yet complete. This has been discussed in several threads, e.g. by Bradley here: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/196897/1140459.aspx#1140459 

ABWJR:
it doesn't talk.
This is the current status and there's every reason to believe this will change - even though the pronunciation of Greek & Hebrew lemmas is only a click or two away.

ABWJR:
Nor does it sync with the other Greek and Hebrew Lexicon / Dictionaries.
Actually it does. It is indexed for Greek and Hebrew Strongs and will sync with every lexicon that has this index (like e.g. Vine's, Kittel, Milligan-Moulton, Swanson, Mounce and the Strong's lexicons that used to be in Logos).

ABWJR:
I have to keep WordSearch open to actually research words in those helps in a timely manner.
Obviously you are free to do so, which actually proves that you kept everything that you paid for - if you don't like what Faithlife gave to you as a generous free gift (which by the way other people paid dear money for), nobody forces you to. Maybe in some weeks the functionality of some of your key resources has evolved so that you feel you can use Logos in a comparable manner to your WS process.  

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 13
ABWJR | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2021 10:26 AM

No seriously, thank you for telling how Strong's functions on my computer. I'm excited to know that when it is not syncing with the other  helps, that it actually is. And thank you for your other assumption.

But, I actually paid money for each of the items in my library. Logos apparently negoitated with WordSearch to assume their customers and support them. That was neither my decision or yours.

In the future, perhpas spend your energy not helping someone else.

Thanks

Posts 5083
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2021 2:46 PM

ABWJR:
I'm excited to know that when it is not syncing with the other  helps, that it actually is.

Are you putting both lexicons in the same link set in order to cause them to sync?

I just opened Strong's Talking Greek and Hebrew Dictionary in Verbum ('Catholic Logos') and Enhanced Strong's Lexicon  and added them both to Link set A and they synced just fine in both directions as I scrolled. The New Strong's Dictionary of Hebrew and Greek Words worked just fine alongside the Talking one, too, so it's not looking like I can recreate your problem.

I'd love to see a screenshot of what you see when you're trying to get these resources to sync so that we can determine what's wrong.

Posts 13
ABWJR | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2021 4:44 AM

SineNomine:
Are you putting both lexicons in the same link set in order to cause them to sync?

I just opened Strong's Talking Greek and Hebrew Dictionary in Verbum ('Catholic Logos') and Enhanced Strong's Lexicon  and added them both to Link set A and they synced just fine in both directions as I scrolled. The New Strong's Dictionary of Hebrew and Greek Words worked just fine alongside the Talking one, too, so it's not looking like I can recreate your problem.

I'd love to see a screenshot of what you see when you're trying to get these resources to sync so that we can determine what's wrong.

Oh wow, finally figured out how to quote in this forum. LOL

Anyway thanks for the reply. And, yes I am putting the helps into the same Link Set B. Strong's doesn't sync with OT or NT helps. Vine's, doesn't sync from time to time but, I experienced the same thing in WS also since it tends to group words together into sets. For instance, all greek words translated endure, etc. The Complete Word Study for Hebrew does not sync with the Brown–Driver–Briggs Hebrew Lexicon. The Strong's is not syncing to that either. I do not want to take up any more of this forum's time on my singular issue because it's off topic from the title.

It's good to know that Strong's is continuing to be updated, my migration status doesn't indicate any ongoing work on it. And, I will perhaps try reinstalling everything or call support to see if they can advise.

Posts 5246
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2021 9:58 AM

Greetings ABWJR

ABWJR:
I do not want to take up any more of this forum's time on my singular issue because it's off topic from the title.

This is a rambling thread, but I guess it was always going to be. However, the volunteers here (and the forums are mostly for volunteers) are more than willing to help sort things out.

One problem is that 'Strongs Talking Greek and Hebrew Dictionary' will be new to all of us so we cannot speak from experience of using it. The saving grace is that the resource will eventually make it through the upgrade path to a Logos Research Edition.

In the meantime, some of the functionality of the resource may be available in Logos by other means.

If you are interested in exploring the options it would be a good idea to post in the Logos 8 or Logos 9 desktop forums.

Please remember though, that the volunteers who might respond offering help are unlikely to appreciate be told to 'go help somebody else'.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 13
ABWJR | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2021 10:21 AM

Mike Binks:
Please remember though, that the volunteers who might respond offering help are unlikely to appreciate be told to 'go help somebody else'.

Understood. But then, those volunteers- supposedly Christian, should not be responding, if they are going to be condescending in their answers or suggest that while they have paid for their resources, somehow, I have not paid for mine.

I'm not inclined to ask for help in the forums if likely to encounter that type of attitude. 

Thank you

Posts 3992
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2021 12:31 PM

Sir, it is clear that you’re bothered by the response you received, but is it helpful to suggest someone might not be saved?

While some of us are not saved, it truly is not pleasant or encouraging to see how one can treat another.

May we please turn our focus to issues regarding the software or its resources, which is the purpose of these forums.

Thanks to FL for including Carta and a Hebrew audio bible in Logos 9!

Posts 5083
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2021 2:32 PM

ABWJR:
Anyway thanks for the reply.

You're welcome. Smile

ABWJR:
And, yes I am putting the helps into the same Link Set B. Strong's doesn't sync with OT or NT helps.

Hmm. Could you give the name(s) of the specific resources you're referring to here, if they're not mentioned later in your post? Then I and/or others could test them and see if we can figure out what might be going wrong, and maybe even get some useful documentation for bug reports if needed.

ABWJR:
Vine's, doesn't sync from time to time but, I experienced the same thing in WS also since it tends to group words together into sets.

I don't have Vine's, unfortunately.

ABWJR:
The Complete Word Study for Hebrew does not sync with the Brown–Driver–Briggs Hebrew Lexicon.

I don't have that Complete Study, but I do have both the Enhanced BDB and the Abridged one. In a link set, they scroll with each other (but not word by word) when the reference in the little box by the keyboard icon for both resources is BDB something-or-other (e.g., BDB 1036.1). When I change one to the Hebrew word, they still scroll, but the other switches to showing the Hebrew word in that box as well. The Abridged one has no page numbers, but when I set the reference to show the page number, the abridged one follows it. Other lexicons are working that way for me as well.

What changing the reference from BDB to page number to Hebrew word does do is change which resource show up when I use the Parallel Resources tool. The Enhanced BDB has lots of Hebrew words that aren't in any of my other lexicons, so what shows up in Parallel Resources varies greatly as I scroll with Hebrew words in the reference box. Page number gets me nothing, and BDB references only get me the Abridged BDB.

Neither BDB is indexed by Strong's number, so there's no chance of either mapping with Strong's anything in virtue of that number. However, the Enhanced BDB does scroll--showing Hebrew word references--when there's one matching it in the Enhanced BDB.

ABWJR:
And, I will perhaps try reinstalling everything or call support to see if they can advise.

Calling support might help. Uninstalling and reinstalling rarely fixes anything in Logos (and what little it can fix is normally fixable by less drastic means), but go ahead if you want. I still think screenshots could be very helpful.

Posts 9059
LogosEmployee

ABWJR:
It's good to know that Strong's is continuing to be updated, my migration status doesn't indicate any ongoing work on it.

Most resources that are currently listed as an "Ebook" edition are being actively worked on (to upgrade them to a "Reader" or "Research" edition). We don't have any more granular status than that available. When the upgrade is completed, they will be published and Logos 8/9 will download them automatically and integrate them into your library.

Posts 19157
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2021 9:37 PM

ABWJR:
The Complete Word Study for Hebrew does not sync with the Brown–Driver–Briggs Hebrew Lexicon.

For grins, placed Lexham Hebrew Bible (LHB) into link set E with

• Complete Word Study Dictionary: Old Testament (Hebrew Strong's Number, Hebrew headwords, English headwords, ...)
  • Vine's Complete Expository Dictionary (Hebrew Strong's Number, Hebrew headwords, English headwords, ...)
  • Enhanced Brown-Driver-Briggs (BDB) (Brown-Driver-Briggs, Hebrew headwords) does not have Hebrew Strong's Number
  • Hebrew and Aramaic Lexicon of the Old Testament (HALOT) (Hebrew headwords)

Tools => Information is configured to Update on click

One click on וְאָֽהַבְתָּ֥ in LHB causes update of Information Tool & four linked lexicons (LHB lemma was sent to each lexicon)

FWIW: from forum discussions, appears Wordsearch uses Strong's Numbering (of original language lemma's) for connecting English to original language resources. Logos & Verbum prefer original language lemma's (usable in resources that have lemma's not in the Bible so do not have Strong's numbering).

Adding New Strong's Dictionary of Hebrew and Greek Words (NSDHGW) that does not have Hebrew headwords to Link Set E uncovered resource bug in Complete Word Study Dictionary: Old Testament (CWSD:OT) alignment of Hebrew headwords and Hebrew Strong's Number so Hebrew headword (lemma) sent to CWSD:OT causes location change to correct lemma, but Hebrew Strong Number is one less so subsequent link set location change to NSDHGW has corresponding lemma as the second entry (instead of being the top one)

For CWSD:OT resource bug illustration, added another tab with CWSD:OT so could show active indexes in CWSD:OT where Strong's Hebrew # 156 is in the active list, which should be Strong's Hebrew # 157

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 68
John W Gillis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 16 2021 1:14 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
For grins, ...

Friend, looking closely at your screenshot, you appear to have Strong's numbers in green text, TWOT in orange test, and G?K in red text. I'm guessing you do this using Visual Filters, but cannot figure out how you accomplished it. Would you mind sharing?

Page 11 of 13 (252 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13 Next > | RSS