Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 12
JLH | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Sep 24 2020 2:22 PM

Ref: "It's pretty simple to do. Open a commentary that covers the whole Bible (no matter how many volumes). Just open one volume. (Logos automatically puts all the volumes of a commentary set in a series.) Open a Bible. Under the 3 stacked dots menu, select Link Set A (or any other letter you choose). Do the same for the commentary series, using the same letter you chose in the Bible. Now type a reference in the Bible. Your commentary will jump to that reference."

I used the menu to link books, but the set of books( Interpreters Bible) did not link. Only the volume on my screen linked with the Bible selection.  I must need more instructions.

Posts 23382
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 24 2020 3:06 PM

Thanks for the screenshot

I am assuming Interpreter's Bible volume is one transferred in from Wordsearch (Logos has the New Interpreter's Bible).

If so, I don't think it will have had the necessary tagging yet to operate in the way we would expect

To check this, please click the three dots icon at the top-right of the resource, open the Information pane and check the Series field.

In a fully-tagged resource this would show the name of the series - which is used in linking - but my guess is this isn't present.

But I could be wrong!

Posts 12
JLH | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 24 2020 3:16 PM

Graham Criddle:

Thanks for the screenshot

I am assuming Interpreter's Bible volume is one transferred in from Wordsearch (Logos has the New Interpreter's Bible).

If so, I don't think it will have had the necessary tagging yet to operate in the way we would expect

To check this, please click the three dots icon at the top-right of the resource, open the Information pane and check the Series field.

In a fully-tagged resource this would show the name of the series - which is used in linking - but my guess is this isn't present.

But I could be wrong!

Yes, this is a transfer from Wordsearch. The Series entry is blank. I will check later.

Thanks for the info.

Posts 10924
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 24 2020 3:22 PM

JLH:
Yes, this is a transfer from Wordsearch. The Series entry is blank. I will check later.

From your screenshot it seems you have a bible index for those books, so you could set the series manually and it should work.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 2197
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 24 2020 3:23 PM

Graham Criddle:

I, like Graham, do not have the Interpreter's Bible to check. Perhaps that is a title that came over in the automated process, that will later be tagged by hand as described here - https://community.logos.com/forums/t/193938.aspx 

When it gets tagged it will look like the highlite in this clip.

Do you have another commentary series you could try, it looks like you are assigning link sets correctly.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 23382
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 24 2020 3:26 PM

NB.Mick:

JLH:

From your screenshot it seems you have a bible index for those books, so you could set the series manually and it should work.

I think Mick is right - please give it a go and let us know how you get on.

Posts 12
JLH | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 24 2020 3:46 PM

NB.Mick:

JLH:

Would you please provide info on how to set the series manually?

Posts 10924
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 24 2020 4:06 PM

JLH:

NB.Mick:

JLH:

In David's screenshot above you see the information panel of the book with the series information highlighted in yellow. It has a small pencil next to it, indicating you can change it. If no series is set, in the series section there is blue text reading "set series" - if you click on it, the editable text field will show and you can fill in the text. 

Since Logos doesn't know about the right series name you can use your own abbreviation if you like. Even more convenient is to select the multiple books for the series in the library and then add the same series name to all of them in one go:

Posts 12
JLH | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 24 2020 5:33 PM

NB.Mick:

JLH:

NB.Mick:

JLH:

In David's screenshot above you see the information panel of the book with the series information highlighted in yellow. It has a small pencil next to it, indicating you can change it. If no series is set, in the series section there is blue text reading "set series" - if you click on it, the editable text field will show and you can fill in the text. 

Since Logos doesn't know about the right series name you can use your own abbreviation if you like. Even more convenient is to select the multiple books for the series in the library and then add the same series name to all of them in one go:

After manually adding series name, the links now work properly. Thanks so much for your help.

Posts 8762
LogosEmployee

The metadata of the books we batch-converted from Wordsearch is not fully updated and corrected yet (cf. https://community.logos.com/forums/p/193938/1117970.aspx#1117970). The first batch of updates should happen next week 

Posts 23382
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 24 2020 11:17 PM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

The metadata of the books we batch-converted from Wordsearch is not fully updated and corrected yet (cf. https://community.logos.com/forums/p/193938/1117970.aspx#1117970). The first batch of updates should happen next week 

Thanks Bradley

That's helpful to know

From the perspective of a non-Wordsearch user, the work you guys have been doing to transfer things across is amazing!

Graham 

Posts 16
Drew Holland | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 30 2020 11:25 AM

NB.Mick,

I am a Wordsearch use so please excuse my ignorance but looking at your previous reply, how can I display my library in the format shown?

Thanks, Drew

Posts 10924
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 30 2020 11:41 AM

Drew Holland:
how can I display my library in the format shown?

It's called details view - you switch between views with a button to the right of the library search box, near the top right corner:

Posts 16
Drew Holland | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 30 2020 11:54 AM

NB.Mick,

Thanks for the hint. I had seen the Details View but had not figured out you can control the columns until I saw your reply.

Thanks, Drew

Posts 10924
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 30 2020 12:00 PM

Drew Holland:
I had seen the Details View but had not figured out you can control the columns until I saw your reply.

you can drag and drop columns as you like for ordering them, and resize them as well. Right-click on a column header field to see the available columns and select/deselect what you want to see.

Posts 16
Drew Holland | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 1 2020 11:00 AM

NB.Mick,

Thanks for your help.

Drew

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS