Dual Monitors with Logos

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1
Neba Bernard | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Sep 24 2020 7:06 PM

Just new from WordSearch and would like to know how to use Logos on a second monitor. I have tried to drag and drop, but each time I open a new window, it kicks me out of the second monitor. Never had such problems with WordSearch. Help needed, please.

Posts 8680
LogosEmployee

Tabs can't currently be dragged out of the main window (cf. https://logos.uservoice.com/forums/42823-logos-bible-software-8/suggestions/947711-enable-us-to-drag-a-tab-out-of-the-main-window-and) but once you right-click the tab title and choose "Open in a floating window" (Ctrl+F11 on Windows), you should be able to move it to a secondary monitor.

Posts 1072
John Goodman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 24 2020 10:24 PM

I find 3-4 monitors more comfortable... but sometimes I wonder about getting one really wide one.

גַּם־חֹשֶׁךְ֮ לֹֽא־יַחְשִׁ֪יךְ מִ֫מֶּ֥ךָ וְ֭לַיְלָה כַּיּ֣וֹם יָאִ֑יר כַּ֝חֲשֵׁיכָ֗ה כָּאוֹרָֽה

Posts 3249
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 25 2020 3:31 AM

I use 3, and my son has introduced me to one which can be divided into 4 quadrants, of equal size- he's DOD so they have deeper pockets than mine, but it looks great. 

Posts 4
SirDragonDrop | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 28 2020 1:50 PM

Neba Bernard:

Just new from WordSearch and would like to know how to use Logos on a second monitor. I have tried to drag and drop, but each time I open a new window, it kicks me out of the second monitor. Never had such problems with WordSearch. Help needed, please.

Thanks for bringing this topic up as I am new from WordSearch and trying to stay afloat! Blessing to you.

Posts 4
SirDragonDrop | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 28 2020 1:56 PM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

"Open in a floating window" (Ctrl+F11 on Windows), you should be able to move it to a secondary monitor.

That is a wonderful Idea... I will try it... OH MY this works like a charm... happy dance. Blessing to you brother.MusicBig Smile

Posts 2628
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 29 2020 3:49 PM

Tabs can't currently be dragged out of the main window (cf. https://logos.uservoice.com/forums/42823-logos-bible-software-8/suggestions/947711-enable-us-to-drag-a-tab-out-of-the-main-window-and) but once you right-click the tab title and choose "Open in a floating window" (Ctrl+F11 on Windows), you should be able to move it to a secondary monitor.

The next question they are going to ask is if those floating windows can be saved in a layout and open on the second screen when the saved layout is reopened. [Assuming that the second screen is turned on before opening the layout]  

Posts 6639
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 29 2020 4:02 PM

SirDragonDrop:

"Open in a floating window" (Ctrl+F11 on Windows), you should be able to move it to a secondary monitor.

That is a wonderful Idea... I will try it... OH MY this works like a charm... happy dance. Blessing to you brother.MusicBig Smile

I was looking for the Happy Dance! Wink

Lynden Williams Communications https://www.lyndenwilliams.net 

Posts 8680
LogosEmployee

David Ames:

The next question they are going to ask is if those floating windows can be saved in a layout and open on the second screen when the saved layout is reopened. [Assuming that the second screen is turned on before opening the layout]  

The answer is "Yes".

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS