Page 1 of 1 (19 items)
This post has 18 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 11
John Leary | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Oct 3 2020 10:04 AM

Hi,

I'm a previous Wordsearch customer, whose account has been migrated to Faithlife.

One of the resources that I own in Wordsearch, and which I like to use, is the Anglicised New International Version bible.

I note that this resource has not been migrated to my Faithlife account, nor is it included in your list of resources that belong to me, and it does not appear in the list of titles included in the acquisition. Please can you clarify if this title will be made available through my Faithlife account.

Many thanks

John L

Posts 5469
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 3 2020 11:27 AM

John Leary:
One of the resources that I own in Wordsearch, and which I like to use, is the Anglicised New International Version bible.

Greetings John and welcome to the forum.

Both the 1984 edition and the  2011 edition are sold by Logos so the only obstacle will be confirming your ownership of the volume.

You might like to note that the NIV is included in a lot of packages that Logos sells - if you are thinking of buying one then you might think that chasing the team isn't worth the candle.

On the other hand, you probably aren't in much of a hurry as you will still have access to your Wordsearch programme.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 9151
LogosEmployee

John Leary:

I note that this resource has not been migrated to my Faithlife account, nor is it included in your list of resources that belong to me, and it does not appear in the list of titles included in the acquisition. Please can you clarify if this title will be made available through my Faithlife account.

Can you copy and paste all the book information from Wordsearch? In the WS Library, right-click on the book and choose Properties, then copy everything out.

This will help us track down the resource.

Posts 11
John Leary | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 4 2020 3:19 AM

Hi Bradley,

Here is the information as requested.

John

Anglicised New International Version
Holy Bible, New International Version, Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Hodder & Stoughton, a member of the Hodder Headline Group. “NIV” and “New International Version” are registered trademarks of International Bible Society. Database © 2004 WORDsearch Corp.

-->
Author:
Prepared by: WORDsearch Corp.
Version: 0
Language: English
Printed ISBN:
Software ISBN:
Category: Bibles
CBP date: 21/12/2007 15:26:42
DAT date: 21/12/2007 15:26:42
Book ID: 0:71
Path: C:\ProgramData\WORDsearch\Library\ANIV\

Book summary:

Permissions:

The NIV text may be quoted for non-commerical use in any form (written, visual, electronic or audio), up to and inclusive of five hundred (500) verses without express written permission of the publisher, providing the verses quoted do not amount to a complete book of the Bible nor do the verses quoted account for 25 per cent or more of the total text of the work in which they are quoted.

Notice of copyright must appear on the title or copyright page of the work as follows:

Scripture quotations taken from the HOLY BIBLE,

NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION.

Copyright © 1973, 1978,1984 by International Bible Society.

Used by permission of Hodder & Stoughton Ltd,

a member of the Hodder Headline Plc Group.

All rights reserved.

"NIV" is a registered trademark of International Bible Society.

UK trademark number 1448790.

When quotations from the NIV text are used in non-saleable media, such as church bulletins, orders of service, posters, transparencies or similar media, a complete copyright notice is not required, but the initials (NIV) must appear at the end of each quotation.

Any commentary or other biblical reference work produced for commercial sale that uses the New International Version must obtain written permission for use of the NIV text.

Permission requests for commercial use within the U.K., EEC, and EFTA countries that exceed the above guidelines must be directed to, and approved in writing by, Hodder & Stoughton Ltd, a member of the Hodder Headline Plc Group, 338 Euston Road, London NW1 3BH.

Permission requests for commercial use within the U.S. and Canada that exceed the above guidelines must be directed to, and approved in writing by, Zondervan Publishing House.

Permission requests for non-commercial use which exceed the above guidelines must be directed to, and approved in writing by, the International Bible Society, 1820 Jet Stream Drive, Colorado Springs, CO 80921.

This publication is not included under licences issued by the Copyright Licensing Agency. Photoset by Rowland Phototypesetting Ltd, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk. Additional material designed and typeset by Watermark, Cromer, Norfolk. Printed in Great Britain for Hodder & Stoughton Ltd, 338 Euston Road, London NW1 3BH by Clays Ltd, St Ives plc.

Posts 11
John Leary | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 4 2020 3:24 AM

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply.

It may well be time to update this resource, and the Logos introductory offer could come in handy here.

I'll see if we can track done the resource first. I appreciate that this particular version, which was bought with the original Bible Explorer software, before it became WordSearch Bible, may not have an exact match.

John

Posts 743
Scott E. Mahle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 4 2020 4:07 AM

Hello, John!

I'd say Faithlife has an exact match. No worries!

Logos Series X Pastor’s Library | Logos 3 Leader’s Library | 4 Portfolio | 5 Platinum | 6 Feature Crossgrade | 7 Essential | 8 M & W Platinum and Academic Professional | 9 Academic Professional and Messianic Jewish Diamond

Posts 5469
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 4 2020 8:17 AM

As Scott confirms Logos do have an exact match.

I do know that the publishers considered the 2011translation such an improvement that they took the 1984 version out of publication and only sold the 2011 after that.

I wonder if there may be a problem with the publishers if Logos distributes copies of the 1984 these days.

At less than $10 a pop Logos really encourages the purchase of Bibles.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 11
John Leary | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 4 2020 9:08 AM

Hi Scott,

Thanks for that. Does that mean that if I wait, the resource will get transferred eventually?

John

Posts 11
John Leary | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 4 2020 9:14 AM

Hi Mike,

Yes, agree, $10 is nothing to upgrade to the 2011 edition.

I was just a bit disappointed, as it’s the only resource that didn’t come across, and it happens to be one that I use. As you say, I’m not in a hurry, as I can still use WordSearch to access this resource.

BTW, I’m happy with what Logos has provided, and I think it’s going to be good using the software.

John

Posts 743
Scott E. Mahle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 4 2020 10:07 AM

John Leary:

Hi Scott,

Thanks for that. Does that mean that if I wait, the resource will get transferred eventually?

John

If you had it in Wordsearch (and you seem to have) but do not have it in Logos (considering Logos has the files) then I'd say there is a linking issue or an account issue. Either way, this is something Logos/Faithlife will have to fix. Wait for Bradley to reappear or contact Faithlife to get it sorted out on Monday. I'll bet Bradley will reappear, though, since he asked you for the file information.

Logos Series X Pastor’s Library | Logos 3 Leader’s Library | 4 Portfolio | 5 Platinum | 6 Feature Crossgrade | 7 Essential | 8 M & W Platinum and Academic Professional | 9 Academic Professional and Messianic Jewish Diamond

Posts 12104
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 4 2020 1:05 PM

Scott E. Mahle:
there is a linking issue

I think this, since the wordsearch catalog list doesn't show 0:71. Means someone needs to fix this for the owners of NIV 84 Anglicised.

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 9151
LogosEmployee

John Leary:
Here is the information as requested.

Thanks; that's very helpful.

This resource isn't currently in our alignment data, which is why it hasn't automatically shown up for you. It looks like it might be a bit more complicated than the other WS resources (and I don't know why yet) but I'm digging in. We'll let you know once we know more.

Posts 11
John Leary | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 5 2020 12:00 PM

Okay, thanks Bradley. Hopefully, you’ll be able to sort it.

Posts 77
John Simpson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 5 2020 2:13 PM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):
It looks like it might be a bit more complicated than the other WS resources (and I don't know why yet) but I'm digging in.

In Wordsearch, if your region settings were US you got the US NIV - If your region settings were UK you saw the Anglicised New International Version

Posts 5577
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 5 2020 4:49 PM

John Simpson:
In Wordsearch, if your region settings were US you got the US NIV - If your region settings were UK you saw the Anglicised New International Version

So if you had that resource, you actually owned both but could only see one at a time?

Posts 77
John Simpson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 5 2020 7:05 PM

SineNomine:
So if you had that resource, you actually owned both but could only see one at a time?

Correct.

Posts 5318
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 6 2020 2:13 PM

The Anglicised version NIV 1984 still shows up in Logos store searches and is still for sale as best I can tell.

-dan

Posts 11
John Leary | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 9 2020 3:02 PM

Thanks Bradley, and thanks everyone for your responses.

This has now been added to my account and I've downloaded it to my PC.

Posts 9151
LogosEmployee

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):
This resource isn't currently in our alignment data, which is why it hasn't automatically shown up for you. It looks like it might be a bit more complicated than the other WS resources (and I don't know why yet) but I'm digging in. We'll let you know once we know more.

You beat me to it, but ANIV should now be available to any Wordsearch customer who had it registered on their account.

Page 1 of 1 (19 items) | RSS