Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2
Inez Thomas | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Oct 4 2020 7:19 AM

I have been using WordSearch for awhile. I enjoy it and use it whenever I write a sermon or write a paper for school or workshops and research specific Biblical topics. I also own a Logos 8 software. I want to know if all of my books in WordSearch will be loaded on the Logos platform to access when I need them, especially my books by the author Finis Jennings Dake. I use his "God's Plan for Man" often, which I purchased when I first purchased WordSearch.

Posts 5480
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 4 2020 8:35 AM

Greetings Thomas and welcome to the Logos community.

We, volunteers, are here to help and sometimes a staff member also rides in to the rescue.

From what we have been assured...

One must have the same email address associated with both Wordsearch and Logos for automatic synchronisation to take place.

Resources in Wordsearch that have an equivalent in the Logos stable will be unlocked for you account.

Resources in Wordsearch that do not have an equivalent in Logos are in a two-stage programme;

Stage one - quick and dirty formatting in ebook format so that the resource becomes available asap.

Stage two - full logos tagging etc and reissue as a free upgrade in due course.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 743
Scott E. Mahle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 4 2020 10:21 AM

Thomas:

I use his "God's Plan for Man" often, which I purchased when I first purchased WordSearch.

Hello, Thomas!

The title you refer to shows as not started. You can check the availability of books on this page:

https://www.logos.com/wordsearch/catalog

The FAQ page for Wordsearch users will also serve you well:

https://www.logos.com/wordsearch-faq

Logos Series X Pastor’s Library | Logos 3 Leader’s Library | 4 Portfolio | 5 Platinum | 6 Feature Crossgrade | 7 Essential | 8 M & W Platinum and Academic Professional | 9 Academic Professional and Messianic Jewish Diamond

Posts 3846
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 4 2020 11:53 AM

Also, note that some books will be updated to a new version when they finally are downloaded to LOGOS.  The one example I know of is Bartlett's Familiar Quotations, which is being updated from the 4th to the 10th edition.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 1
Marie | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 4 2020 2:05 PM

Hello,

I’m not sure if this  is the right place to  ask, but I’m also a WordSearch customer. I’ve worked out how to access all my old books (and can see which ones haven’t been prepared yet for the transition). I’m wondering if there will be any way to access what we have highlighted or notes made in WordSearch? I assume not, but was wondering.

Thanks!

Marie

Posts 25226
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 4 2020 2:11 PM

Hi Marie - and welcome to Logos and these forums

Marie:
I’m wondering if there will be any way to access what we have highlighted or notes made in WordSearch? I assume not, but was wondering.

This is coming. The FAQ at https://www.logos.com/wordsearch-faq has:

When will my notes, highlights, and other documents be available in Logos? 

We know how important the work you’ve invested has been. Safely transferring all of your notes, highlights, documents, and other material into Logos is one of our top priorities. Doing this with care will take time, and so we anticipate completing this work by early 2021.

Graham

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS