Page 2 of 2 (31 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 30 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 227
Kevin Clemens | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 31 2020 6:23 PM

TWBeining:

The formatting is horrible. Very uneven spacing between every few lines of text.

No footnotes.

No cross-references.

The only issue I note when comparing print to Verbum edition is the "uneven spacing" at the start of a new chapter (i.e. the line with the larger chapter numeral has a larger leading following it).

As to footnotes and cross references, everything that appears in the printed edition from the Augustine Institute seems to be present. By way of example (I tried to match which verses displayed as closely as I could between the two):

Posts 186
TWBeining | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 31 2020 9:19 PM

Footnotes were my bad. Forgot to turn them on.

The ESV is literally littered with cross-references (good thing), so I figured this would also be true of the ESV-CE. Might be a bad assumption on my part, but a big disappointment for me that they are not included.

Screenshot below shows so very poor spacing problems. BTW, I do expect some difference with the larger chapter numbers.

MJ, I can see the spacing problems in the screenshot you posted. Amazingly enough I do not see it in Kevin's screenshot.

Posts 31836
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 31 2020 9:38 PM

The spacing is inherent in the electronic file sent by the publisher. Faithlife differences should be primarily the result of the rendering and default fonts. I agree it is not ideal.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 186
TWBeining | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 31 2020 9:43 PM

This is even worse

Posts 5008
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2020 5:31 AM

TWBeining:
MJ, I can see the spacing problems in the screenshot you posted. Amazingly enough I do not see it in Kevin's screenshot.

Kevin's screenshot is displaying the text in a different font that shows a much smaller height disparity between verse numbers and the top of the text. (Compare the relative heights of the top of the quotation marks and the top of the verse numbers.) Fix your font to fix your problem.

Posts 186
TWBeining | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2020 9:13 AM

Thank you Bradley!

Posts 293
LogosEmployee
Donald Antenen (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2020 4:45 PM

Dr. Mark Giszczak wrote a post on the Verbum blog about the ESV-CE: https://blog.verbum.com/2020/11/10-reasons-to-use-the-esv-catholic-edition-in-verbum/ 

Posts 1005
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2020 5:43 AM

Active Link to Dr. Giszczak's blog post.

Posts 501
Leo Wee Fah | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 6 2021 6:55 AM

Donald Antenen (Faithlife):

SineNomine:

Donald Antenen (Faithlife):
Right now it's only available in Verbum 9 Gold and above, but it will be available for individual sale in the future.

It's available now, but not geo-restricted to the US.

There are still some geo-restrictions, and we're working to get worldwide distribution.

I have all the RIs for ESVCE, but not the bible (ESVCE) itself....Crying

Posts 984
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2021 10:41 AM

Leo Wee Fah:
I have all the RIs for ESVCE, but not the bible (ESVCE) itself....Crying

Same. I wish Logos had put it in the same packages that they put the Reverse Interlinear.

Page 2 of 2 (31 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS