Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1553
Blair Laird | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Oct 17 2020 11:52 AM

More Eastern Rite Resources are needed. I am glad the category was added a while back but the resources are minimal. The eastern rite needs a boost in books 

Posts 185
Kevin S. Coy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 18 2020 2:39 PM

Yes

“The greatest single cause of atheism...is Christians: who acknowledge Jesus with their lips, walk out the door, and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.” Brennan Marshall

Posts 5627
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 18 2020 6:33 PM

I agree. Any suggestions?

“The wisdom of the Scriptures is learned rather by prayer than by study.” — St. Philip Neri

Posts 278
Kevin Clemens | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 18 2020 9:02 PM

Those interested in Eastern Rites might want to consider the soon to be published work by Khaled Anatolios - Deification through the Cross: An Eastern Christian Theology of Deification 

(Ships Nov 3)

Anatolios is an ordained priest in the Melkite Greek Catholic Church.

Posts 1553
Blair Laird | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 18 2020 9:24 PM

Kevin Clemens:

Those interested in Eastern Rites might want to consider the soon to be published work by Khaled Anatolios - Deification through the Cross: An Eastern Christian Theology of Deification 

(Ships Nov 3)

Anatolios is an ordained priest in the Melkite Greek Catholic Church.

Thanks for the recommendation, ordered :)

Posts 5627
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 19 2020 1:20 PM

Kevin Clemens:

This work, which looks very interesting, has been a long time coming. It looks like his project--very worthwhile--has perhaps expanded in scope.

“The wisdom of the Scriptures is learned rather by prayer than by study.” — St. Philip Neri

Posts 33859
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 1:02 AM

Blair -- this is another publisher that should be on your radar.

https://feedback.faithlife.com/boards/logos-book-requests/posts/727 promotes another publisher Eastern Christian Publications - Orthodox and Catholic. Yes, I think encouraging relationships with publishers rather than requesting specific books is a useful direction to push.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 5627
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 6:08 AM

MJ. Smith:
Yes, I think encouraging relationships with publishers rather than requesting specific books is a useful direction to push.

I largely agree, except with "in addition to" instead of "rather than".

Posts 332
LogosEmployee
Donald Antenen (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 7:05 AM

How'd we do? https://verbum.com/compare-software-levels/eastern-rite

Posts 5627
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 5:40 PM

Donald Antenen (Faithlife):

How'd we do? https://verbum.com/compare-software-levels/eastern-rite

The Verbum 9 Eastern Rite base packages constitute my favourite lineup out of all of the Verbum and Logos libraries!

(I should note that I've only been looking at what's new to me, so I can't comment at all yet about what isn't.)

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS