Beyond Bible Book Guides - Use a Collection for Monographs?

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 28 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 23960
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 21 2020 8:43 AM

Sharon Hillam:
So can I use the Cited By tool within my Passage Guide...or am I misunderstanding this tool? Regardless of which tool I use, what I want is to be able to include collections of monographs WITHIN my Passage Guide, and so far, I haven't figured out how to do it short of producing the Personal Book as was explained by others here in this thread.

The Cited By Tool does not run in the Passage Guide, but as a separate Tool

In the screenshot below, I have it open on the right and added a number of Collections to it - including JohnTheology.

Then specifying a verse / passage at the top it shows me all resources in that Collection that reference it. Again, clicking a result opens the resource to that point (shown on the left)

Posts 72
Sharon Hillam | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 21 2020 9:01 AM

Graham Criddle:
How does this differ from what you are doing / seeing?

I don't know what happened to my previous stab at this, but after duplicating what you did, I'm now seeing results. Yay!!!! Thanks, tons! I LOVE this forum!

Blogger/Teacher and former WORDsearch user who is LOVING LOGOS!

Posts 23960
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 21 2020 9:10 AM

Sharon Hillam:
I don't know what happened to my previous stab at this, but after duplicating what you did, I'm now seeing results.

Well done, so pleased to hear.

Sharon Hillam:
Thanks, tons! I LOVE this forum!

You are welcome. And great to have you here.

Posts 72
Sharon Hillam | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 22 2020 8:13 AM

David Thomas:
I have also created a Commentaries: Best collection in the middle of my guide

I see that, but I also see that you have a Bible Guides (Commentaries) section. I'd love to know what you have in that collection.

Posts 2261
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 22 2020 8:29 AM

Sharon Hillam:
have a Bible Guides (Commentaries) section. I'd love to know what you have in that collection.

"Lexham Bible Guide" OR "Exegetical Summary" OR "Lexham Research Commentary"

As compared to a "study guide" usually a 6-13 session group discussion guide, my Bible Guides is a group of 2 series that quickly bring to the surface issues that I want to consider when preaching an exegetical sermon. What are the potential questions that congregants might ask when they read a text. These 2 series are basically a summary of the other commentaries (with links) that have already been published.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 72
Sharon Hillam | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 22 2020 9:02 AM

David Thomas:

"Lexham Bible Guide" OR "Exegetical Summary" OR "Lexham Research Commentary"

As compared to a "study guide" usually a 6-13 session group discussion guide, my Bible Guides is a group of 2 series that quickly bring to the surface issues that I want to consider when preaching an exegetical sermon. What are the potential questions that congregants might ask when they read a text. These 2 series are basically a summary of the other commentaries (with links) that have already been published.

Thanks. I didn't find a resource titled, Lexham Bible Guide, but I see that some in the Lexham Research Commentary series are in production. The LHC looks great and right up my alley...but a bit out of my price range for the moment. I'll add them to my ever-growing Wish List. Smile

Posts 23960
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 22 2020 2:14 PM

Sharon Hillam:
Thanks. I didn't find a resource titled, Lexham Bible Guide, but I see that some in the Lexham Research Commentary series are in production

FYI - the Lexham Bible Guides were renamed to Lexham Research Commentaries about a year ago

Posts 72
Sharon Hillam | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 23 2020 4:32 AM

Graham Criddle:
FYI - the Lexham Bible Guides were renamed to Lexham Research Commentaries about a year ago

Got it!

Also, I just now figured out why my first stab at including Monographs into my custom guide didn't work. I had added them using the Commentaries section rather than a Collection, even though I had grouped them into a collection. 

I'm off and running with this tagging/collections/custom guides now! Wow! I continue to be stunned at the vastness of what Logos has created here. Thanks so much for your help.

Posts 23960
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 23 2020 4:45 AM

Sharon Hillam:
I had added them using the Commentaries section rather than a Collection, even though I had grouped them into a collection. 

That would explain why it didn't work!

Sharon Hillam:
I'm off and running with this tagging/collections/custom guides now!

Excellent

Sharon Hillam:
I continue to be stunned at the vastness of what Logos has created here.

It is really powerful.

I was reminded of this the other day when I was searching for a particular concept. I found two references to it in my entire library - references that were very useful in the study I was doing. I reflected on how difficult (probably impractical) it would have been to find those two references in an equivalent paper library.

Sharon Hillam:
Thanks so much for your help.

You are very welcome - and please do post back with any other thoughts / questions you have about the use of the software.

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS