Logos 9

Page 5 of 5 (97 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5
This post has 96 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 109
Jarred Edgecombe | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 25 2020 5:24 AM

Man I am a simpleton! I have enjoyed every release since L3. I'm always excited about new features and so the hiccups don't bother me. I must not be discriminating enough.

Between COVID-19, social unrest, and the US election, most pastors have probably listened to complaints and criticisms until their hearts sink. Many pastors I talk to say that they can't do anything right. I say that because I hope that the accusations, character smears and overall complaining aren't coming from pastors. These threads always grieve my heart.

Isn't there a way to point out flaws give helpful suggestions in a manner that pleases Christ?

Thank you Bob Pritchett for the power you have given us in our Bible study!

Posts 9402
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 25 2020 6:16 AM

Jarred Edgecombe:
Isn't there a way to point out flaws give helpful suggestions in a manner that pleases Christ?

Well said Jarred. Yes, I believe this is possible and have attempted to continually do this.

Jarred Edgecombe:
Thank you Bob Pritchett for the power you have given us in our Bible study!

Yes

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 11308
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 25 2020 6:16 AM

Jarred Edgecombe:

Hate to disappoint, but much of the un-Christ-approved verbage is from pastors and hefty spenders. Actually, the pattern isn't pastor based or spending based. Rather, issues that repeat themselves, and people come unglued.

I used to be a top executive in a big-box. Unhappy customers can express themselves quietly, or noisily. But one true-ism, is an unhappy customer is a big opportunity ... if you just treat them with respect, and try to fix the problem, they'll actually become sales people for you. And so, we followed the old 'saw' ... the customer is right ... don't begrudge the frustration or verbage. Try to get to a smile.

Logosians tend to not do FL any favors. If they detect a mis-behaving Logosian, (1) they're wrong and then pile on, (2) their verbage isn't proper, and (3) they should go somewhere else. Great way to help out and make a sale.

Now, pastors at church, don't know!

Edit: BTW, if you put 'Pastor' as your title, or add education credentials at the end, you'll be treated differently ... true. Very interesting to watch. Not unlike some of Paul's addressees.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 4931
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 25 2020 11:15 AM

Denise:
If they detect a mis-behaving Logosian, (1) they're wrong and then pile on, (2) their verbage isn't proper, and (3) they should go somewhere else.

Whereas I am always sweetness and light.

So don't argue!

Posts 5495
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 25 2020 1:15 PM

Jarred Edgecombe:

So Christ was un-Christ like when he went into the temple and called out what was going on for what it was, he didn't take a softly, gentle, sweet meek and mild approach in the translation I read. 

Jarred Edgecombe:
I hope that the accusations, character smears and overall complaining ... 

If an individual or a company says one thing and does another we can put away the red pen and pretend everythings ok or we can risk being depicted as a person of "accusations, character smears and overall complaining". Jesus didn't worry about that he caled a spade a spade in the temple or people who woudl judge and characterize him by those actions.

Elsewhere in the last couple of days I have seen someone else make completely false, ungrounded accusations about FL being greedy and acussing them of not keepiing a promise they never made.  Just as I have called out FL's actions not lining up wtih their promises on certain issues as everything in the FL House is not what it should be in that other thread I have called out their actions and defended FL in that instance.

Some people just call things as they seem them because what they see greives their heart also.

Posts 4393
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 25 2020 1:40 PM

DIsciple II:
Jarred Edgecombe:
So Christ was un-Christ like when he went into the temple and called out what was going on for what it was, he didn't take a softly, gentle, sweet meek and mild approach in the translation I read.
Jarred Edgecombe:
If an individual or a company says one thing and does another we can put away the red pen and pretend everythings ok or we can risk being depicted as a person of "accusations, character smears and overall complaining". Jesus didn't worry about that he caled a spade a spade in the temple or people who woudl judge and characterize him by those actions.

Elsewhere in the last couple of days I have seen someone else make completely false, ungrounded accusations about FL being greedy and acussing them of not keepiing a promise they never made.  Just as I have called out FL's actions not lining up wtih their promises on certain issues as everything in the FL House is not what it should be in that other thread I have called out their actions and defended FL in that instance.

Some people just call things as they seem them because what they see greives their heart also.

One of the many differences between Jesus and me is that He does and did see exactly what's going on, and He knew exactly how to speak and act in response to it. I see imperfectly, and I do not have perfect knowledge of how to respond to what I see. You noted in your post an example of someone else seeing things imperfectly and responding to those things imperfectly. How we communicate is part of what is communicated.

“God watches over the affairs of those who truly love him without their worrying about them.” - St. John of the Cross

Posts 5495
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 25 2020 2:25 PM

SineNomine:

DIsciple II:
Jarred Edgecombe:
Jarred Edgecombe:

One of the many differences between Jesus and me is that He does and did see exactly what's going on, and He knew exactly how to speak and act in response to it. I see imperfectly, and I do not have perfect knowledge of how to respond to what I see. You noted in your post an example of someone else seeing things imperfectly and responding to those things imperfectly. How we communicate is part of what is communicated.

It is very clear to see when FL says one thing and does another. Its very clear when a senior FL employee makes a clear statement about something and what you get is something very different. It is very clear when FL marketing makes a statement about the capablilites of the applicaiton and in reality everyone at FL know that is not the case (other than marketing it seems). You don't need to be Jesus in these situations. And it was very clear in the situation of the other person they were seeing things they wanted to see rather than what was actually true. They had given over the truth for a lie. One does not need to be Jesus to see that in that particular situaiton either.  We are all made different, we all will communicate differently. Just because someone is prepared to confront something head on does not give others the right to depecit them as a depicted as a person of "accusations, character smears and overall complaining".  They are to use your words seeing that person and their communciaiton imperfectly and are no more in a position to make that call than you are suggesting of someone who calls things for what they are, for they are doing exactly the samething. And that deomonstrates what is at play on forums like this one is who is morally or biblically  right or wrong but who conforms to the group behavior as determined by the group influencers and who does not - that is the determining factor. But whether we conform strictly to the group code or not there are things said and done by all that breaks our heart and none of us has to right to make a claim to higher ground on that basis.

Posts 109
Jarred Edgecombe | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 25 2020 3:08 PM

DIsciple II:
It is very clear to see when FL says one thing and does another. Its very clear when a senior FL employee makes a clear statement about something and what you get is something very different. It is very clear when FL marketing makes a statement about the capablilites of the applicaiton and in reality everyone at FL know that is not the case (other than marketing it seems). You don't need to be Jesus in these situations. And it was very clear in the situation of the other person they were seeing things they wanted to see rather than what was actually true. They had given over the truth for a lie. One does not need to be Jesus to see that in that particular situaiton either.  We are all made different, we all will communicate differently. Just because someone is prepared to confront something head on does not give others the right to depecit them as a depicted as a person of "accusations, character smears and overall complaining".  They are to use your words seeing that person and their communciaiton imperfectly and are no more in a position to make that call than you are suggesting of someone who calls things for what they are, for they are doing exactly the samething. And that deomonstrates what is at play on forums like this one is who is morally or biblically  right or wrong but who conforms to the group behavior as determined by the group influencers and who does not - that is the determining factor. But whether we conform strictly to the group code or not there are things said and done by all that breaks our heart and none of us has to right to make a claim to higher ground on that basis.

Disciple II,

I'm sorry your experience with Logos is terrible. I have had nothing but good experiences, and personally have not encountered problems. I've been a user since the late 90's and every new version has me amazed.

As I said before, maybe I am a simpleton. I just enjoy each new version, even though they roll out in an unfinished state.

Godspeed

Posts 6683
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 25 2020 5:18 PM

Jarred Edgecombe:

Disciple II,

I'm sorry your experience with Logos is terrible. I have had nothing but good experiences, and personally have not encountered problems. I've been a user since the late 90's and every new version has me amazed.

As I said before, maybe I am a simpleton. I just enjoy each new version, even though they roll out in an unfinished state.

Godspeed

Yes

Lynden Williams Communications https://www.lyndenwilliams.net 

Posts 5495
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 25 2020 6:29 PM

Jarred Edgecombe:

DIsciple II:

I have lots of good experience with Logos, I have not said otherwise but there are aspects of my experience with them that are very disappointing.  And I am not alone in having disappointing exerpiences of certain aspects of this company. I believe they need to hear the negative feedback as much as they need to hear the postive feedback.

But I appreciate concillatory nature of your post, so I will say there are some things we will disagree upon and handle differently and leave it at that. And I do hope Logos 9 is a good experience for all and success for the company.

Disciple II,

Godspeed

Posts 62
John Simpson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 25 2020 8:08 PM

Website updated tonight - just a splash page

niLe ShOre is GOne

Join us at 6:00 AM (PDT) for a special live stream event.

Unscrambled: LOGOS nine is here

Posts 784
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 25 2020 8:10 PM

John Simpson:

niLe ShOre is GOne

Join us at 6:00 AM (PDT) for a special live stream event.

Unscrambled: LOGOS nine is here

I literally came here to post this and you beat me to it. Smile

Posts 4393
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 25 2020 8:12 PM

John Simpson:

Also Verbum.com: "Quantocius Quantotius" (That's "ASAP" in Latin.)

“God watches over the affairs of those who truly love him without their worrying about them.” - St. John of the Cross

Posts 4393
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 25 2020 8:16 PM

The French Logos page redirects to https://faithlife.com/blog-maintenance

Spanish gives "Estamos preparando algo importante…"

German gives "Oasen idOL GunSt"

Portuguese provides "OQ? noE Veu OS GáLatas"

The ebooks.faithlife.com and general.ebooks.faithlife.com stores are still up.

Posts 18
Jonathan Franklin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 4:27 AM

MacOS version installed this morning - Logos 9 is here.

I woke up too my MacOS Logos downloading an update. When it finished the icon for the app had changed to a three toned background; and the software version is 9.0.0.0168. Also, it now offers a dark theme, which tracks your system. But the highlighting obscures the text in dark mode.

Time to play with it. Big Smile

Posts 45
Pastor Josh Monda | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 4:29 AM

Jonathan Franklin:

MacOS version installed this morning - Logos 9 is here.

I woke up too my MacOS Logos downloading an update. When it finished the icon for the app had changed to a three toned background; and the software version is 9.0.0.0168. Also, it now offers a dark theme, which tracks your system. But the highlighting obscures the text in dark mode.

Time to play with it. Big Smile

WIsh I could say the same the apps say they all updated but it does not look like the features are there and there website does not act like it is available yet guess I will wait .

Posts 471
Jonathan Bradley | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 5:01 AM

I think at least some of the features are there, like "Sermon Manager". But we don't know what they all are, so, who knows. 

Page 5 of 5 (97 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 | RSS