OH No! From Bob Pritchett on Twitter: Satellite office robbed again! Bellevue a crime center, or thieves just love our gear. 18 yrs, no break-ins till we got iMacs.

Page 1 of 3 (51 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 50 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jul 9 2010 10:50 AM

This is horrible news....Logos has been broken into again.... Super Angry

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 9 2010 10:58 AM

That stinks! 

Of course at this point, I'm thinking a subscription to a security alarm system company would be more than a good idea.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 31402
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 9 2010 11:05 AM

Thomas Black:
I'm thinking a subscription to a security alarm system company

I'm feeling naughty - if I drive up to Bellingham do you think I can get a used Mac cheap?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 9 2010 11:06 AM

MJ. Smith:
I'm feeling naughty - if I drive up to Bellingham do you think I can get a used Mac cheap?

I suppose that depends on whether or not you feel comfortable on that side of town.  :-)

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 274
Daniel Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 9 2010 11:11 AM

Posting pics of the sort of equipment they had might not have been the best move. That aside, sorry to hear this has happened again.

Posts 270
Stein Dahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 9 2010 11:20 AM

One thing is for sure - they need to do something a little extra for security.

You wouldn't think that though, because Bellingham isn't known for it's crime rate.

We can only hope that the thieves are now actually using Logos 4. 

Who knows, maybe exposure to Gods Word will do wonders for them Smile.

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 9 2010 11:45 AM

Thomas Black:
I suppose that depends on whether or not you feel comfortable on that side of town.  :-)

Now that's funny...it's not the stolen merchandise that's the sin..it's the fact that it's a mac... Surprise

Robert Pavich

Posts 2753
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 9 2010 11:51 AM

That part of town has always been a bit liberal with its interpretations...

!steal Roberts dog
!sendto Belingham Office

solution???

sorry to hear about this crimespree

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 31402
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 9 2010 11:51 AM

Robert Pavich:
stolen merchandise

?

I take it you haven't seen the news reports. The MLS has released a statement taking full responsibility. (Mac Liberation Society).

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2744
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 9 2010 11:52 AM

Are you sure guys that is not an attempt to slower down the development of MAC version? Looks kind of suspicious to me to rob the same office twice in a very short time. Or the security is not sufficient?

Bohuslav

Posts 1228
Ron | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 9 2010 12:10 PM

Bohuslav Wojnar:

Are you sure guys that is not an attempt to slower down the development of MAC version? Looks kind of suspicious to me to rob the same office twice in a very short time. Or the security is not sufficient?

I think that it is Robert taking matters into his own hands after seeing the Mac folks get two alphas in two days and yet no 4.0e beta in sight:

http://community.logos.com/forums/t/19339.aspx

EDIT: Notice that he's the one that started this thread too...convenient cover Stick out tongue

EDIT 2: In seriousness though, it is sad to hear that this has happened again.

Posts 3743
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 9 2010 12:20 PM

Were any more details posted other than the headline above?  If so, could someone post the entire article?  Thanks!

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 9 2010 12:25 PM

Well, it is a Good thing Bob is a big Cloud fan, all he has to do is hook them up and re-sync Devil

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 9 2010 12:26 PM

Holy smoke you guys are funny!

it's a sad thing but i needed the laugh.

Now where is that Beta E for Windows.?

Floyd,

there was no story...just that blurb from Bob Pritchett on twitter...one line.

Robert Pavich

Posts 1374
nicky crane | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 9 2010 12:31 PM

Thank God for this assurance that you're doing something the devil reacts allergically against!  And step up security.  And lets pray for those thieves - as well as their victims....

Posts 741
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 9 2010 12:34 PM

Hey all -

I appreciate a joke as much as anyone else, maybe a little too much sometimes. Keep in mind that Logos has been robbed. Even thought here is insurance and all of that, this is still distressing and hurtful to the employees and families. It also hurts productivity for the business.

I am not really slamming anyone for making jokes, but remember also to pray for our Logos friends, and pray for those who committed the crime. They need Jesus just like I do.

Jerry

iMac (2019 model), 3Ghz 6 Core Intel i5, 16gb Ram, Radeon Pro Graphics. 500GB SSD.

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 9 2010 1:21 PM

Stein Dahl:
Bellingham isn't known for it's crime rate.

Just a minor correction. The theft was in their Bellevue mac dev office, not in Bellingham. (Bellevue is about 90 miles south of Bellingham.)

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 3743
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 9 2010 1:23 PM

Robert Pavich:
there was no story...just that blurb from Bob Pritchett on twitter...one line.

Thanks, Robert

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 270
Stein Dahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 9 2010 1:38 PM

Richard DeRuiter:

Stein Dahl:
Bellingham isn't known for it's crime rate.

Just a minor correction. The theft was in their Bellevue mac dev office, not in Bellingham. (Bellevue is about 90 miles south of Bellingham.)

Oh I didn't know that.  But I live in Washington State (Gig Harbor to be exact) so I'm somewhat familiar with the area - and even Bellevue isn't really known to be a high crime area - as are certain parts of Tacoma and Seattle.  In fact Bellevue is known to be a rather upscale area. 

So it's still a little surprising to hear that this has happened again.  It's almost as if Logos is being deliberately targeted.  Hence my comment that they need to do a little something extra for security.

Posts 13413
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 9 2010 3:21 PM

Last time my office was broken into exactly the same thing happened. The thieves waited until we'd replaced everything on the insurance, and then came back. Brand new equipment for them, and they already knew their way around the building.

Page 1 of 3 (51 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS