New in Logos 9: Counseling Guide

Page 3 of 3 (55 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 54 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 5505
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 2:08 PM

David R. McAllan:

Chaplain Joseph Mayer:
Only a few of them are coming up in the Counseling Guide

I agree, I have Jay Adams works, Gary Collins and the Journal of Biblical Counselling and none are coming up. I hope there are plans to expand the guides reach. All in all, Logos has done a great job on L9.

I understand the choice of starting of with June Hunt resources due to their breadth in order to kick it off. These was a Chaplains base package that was available a number of years ago built around this set. But agree with you both that Jay Adams and Gary Collins are no-brainers in terms of individuals whose writings need to be grafted with urgency into this guide if FL want to target writings n this field are known and respected. And the Journal of Biblical Counselling is another one of those resources that just has to be there.  Lots of the target audience will have this through the journal bundles they have picked over the years or because they work in this field and will have it so it's not lilke very few people would have it in their libraries who are either pastors or working in counselling. 

Posts 2309
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 3:00 PM

...and the Quick Reference Guides with Tim Clinton.

Posts 177
cshover8669 | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 3:34 PM

Where can I find a list of the counseling themes included in the Counseling Guide?  Carla

Posts 919
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 4:53 PM

cshover8669:

Where can I find a list of the counseling themes included in the Counseling Guide?  Carla

They're not all listed in the application at this point. Until then, you can download the list i posted here, and open the file with a web browser: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/194964/1129913.aspx#1129913

Posts 177
cshover8669 | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 9:00 PM

Sean Boisen:

cshover8669:

They're not all listed in the application at this point. Until then, you can download the list i posted here, and open the file with a web browser: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/194964/1129913.aspx#1129913

Thanks Sean, much obliged. Carla

Posts 5505
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 10:36 PM

Sean Boisen:

cshover8669:

I've fixed the link above for those that want to follow it. Thanks for providing this list Sean.

Posts 177
cshover8669 | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 31 2020 9:36 AM

Here is a list of what I would like to see tagged for the Counseling Guide.

Posts 8977
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 31 2020 11:27 AM

cshover8669:

All the Biblical Counseling Keys resources (LLS:BCK*) are already tagged: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/194964/1127748.aspx#1127748 

Posts 13413
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 31 2020 2:14 PM

I'd like to see the following resources tagged:

I'm not quite sure how it would work, but I'd also like the guide expanded to cover counselling methods, rather than just topics. For example, Counselling: How to counsel biblically has chapters that cover things such as Developing a Helping Relationship with Counselees and Instilling Hope in the Counselee. These, and many similar methodological chapters, are vital in counselling, and it would be a real help if they could be surfaced in the guide.

Posts 214
Daniel Radke | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 31 2020 9:25 PM

Mark Barnes:

I'm not quite sure how it would work, but I'd also like the guide expanded to cover counselling methods, rather than just topics. For example, Counselling: How to counsel biblically has chapters that cover things such as Developing a Helping Relationship with Counselees and Instilling Hope in the Counselee. These, and many similar methodological chapters, are vital in counselling, and it would be a real help if they could be surfaced in the guide.

This is a great idea. It makes me think of the methods and the topics included in the 30 hours of training for track 1 of ACBC certification:

• I. Orientation to and Dynamics of Biblical Counseling

A. Basics of Biblical Counseling
    1. The Need for Biblical Counseling
    2. The Definition and Goal of Biblical Counseling
    3. Progressive Sanctification
    4. Process of Biblical Change
    5. Qualifications of a Biblical Counselor
    6. Getting to Heart Issues

B. Key Elements in Biblical Counseling
    1. Gathering Data
    2. Discerning Problems Biblically
    3. Establishing Involvement with Counselees
    4. Giving Hope
    5. Providing Instruction
    6. Giving Homework

• II. Critical Reflection on Various Theories in Counseling

A. Secular and Integration Theories
    B. What Makes Biblical Counseling Biblical?

• III. Husband and Wife Relationships

A.  God’s Purpose for Marriage
    B.  Roles of the Husband and Wife
    C.  Communication
    D. Biblical Sexuality

• IV. Parent and Child Relationships

A. Goal of Parenting
    B. Parental Instruction
    C. Parental Discipline

• V. Frequent Issues in Counseling

A. Guilt and Repentance
    B. Forgiveness
    C. Trials and Suffering
    D. Fear and Worry
    E. Anger
    F. Depression
    G. Sexual Sin

• VI. Medical Issues in Counseling

A. Physical Illness and Biblical Counseling
    B. Psychotropic Drugs and Biblical Counseling

eChristianResources.com - Connecting Christians With Quality Evangelical Resources Available For FREE On The Internet (including links to free Logos/Vyrso resources!)

Posts 31
Rene Atchley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2020 12:52 AM

I have taken a quick look at the counseling guide with some interest in its development.  On one hand I find the connected listing with related as almost a useless tool for my day-to-day work as a licensed therapist (LCSW/LISW/MSW)/D. Min).   On the other hand if this tool can be used, simplified, and meaningful then it is likely that my pocketbook will be a bit more open to FL.  Limitations of this guide after purchasing hundreds if not thousands of counseling resources from FL seems more than a bit frustrating.  After a drive by of the guide it seems to me that, at best, its a high school guide to mental health topics....for the guide to be useful it needs to be, at minimum, a level 100 general guide accessing my resources.  You have my interest FL how about adding substance?

Posts 214
Daniel Radke | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 26 2020 1:57 PM

Hi,

I'm wondering if there are any more additions of resources tagged for the Counseling Guide? I'm looking forward to using this a lot once it is more full (like with the Journal of Biblical Counseling tagged, for example).

eChristianResources.com - Connecting Christians With Quality Evangelical Resources Available For FREE On The Internet (including links to free Logos/Vyrso resources!)

Posts 13
Richard Byrne | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 26 2020 2:18 PM

I’m also looking forward to resources like this being tagged!

Posts 635
Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 29 2020 8:41 AM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

cshover8669:

All the Biblical Counseling Keys resources (LLS:BCK*) are already tagged: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/194964/1127748.aspx#1127748 

Bradley, I don't know if it is an isolated case or not, but I do know that Biblical Counseling Keys on Depression (LLS:BCKDEPRSSN) is not on that list, nor does it show up in my counseling guide.

Posts 919
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2021 8:41 AM

Ryan:

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

cshover8669:

All the Biblical Counseling Keys resources (LLS:BCK*) are already tagged: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/194964/1127748.aspx#1127748 

Bradley, I don't know if it is an isolated case or not, but I do know that Biblical Counseling Keys on Depression (LLS:BCKDEPRSSN) is not on that list, nor does it show up in my counseling guide.

Looks like we may have missed that one: I'll create a case to add it. 

Page 3 of 3 (55 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS