Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 27 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 277
LogosEmployee
Daniel Di Bartolo | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 21 2020 5:23 PM

Description: Give your eyes a break with the new dark application theme. 

Learn more about the new dark application theme.

Posts 4409
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 7:58 AM

One of my two favourite new features! Makes Verbum 9 easier on my eyes and looks nice, too.

“God watches over the affairs of those who truly love him without their worrying about them.” - St. John of the Cross

Posts 3159
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 8:09 AM

SineNomine:

One of my two favourite new features! Makes Verbum 9 easier on my eyes and looks nice, too.

SineNomine,

I totally agree, when testing the desktop app I have to remind myself to switch to Light Mode since I prefer Dark Mode.

Posts 1
Joseph DeRuntz | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 9:38 AM

I love the new Dark Mode! I have one issue: I have been using bright highlighters in my Bible/books for years now and in Dark mode all those highlights wash out the text. Does anyone know if Logos techs are aware of this? I would love to be able to keep using the Dark Mode feature!

Posts 222
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 11:44 AM

Joseph DeRuntz:

I love the new Dark Mode! I have one issue: I have been using bright highlighters in my Bible/books for years now and in Dark mode all those highlights wash out the text. Does anyone know if Logos techs are aware of this? I would love to be able to keep using the Dark Mode feature!

I'm running into this issue as well.  The text is appearing as a light grey which is hard to see.  This happens whether I set the font to "automatic" or I select "black".

Posts 222
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 11:52 AM

I think a fix would either to have the automatic font color be black on the lighter background colors or give the highlighting palette an option for light and dark mode as separate settings.

Posts 2239
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 12:08 PM

Daniel Di Bartolo:
the new dark application theme

I generally like the dark mode option, But I have found a [Bug?] in custom workflows. In a Custom Workflow where I have added "text" to describe what is happening in the step. The font is black on dark grey and barely legible. This problem does NOT seem to present itself in the Logos Workflows.

Custom

Logos

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 3159
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 12:44 PM

Hi David,

I'm trying to reproduce this bug. What OS are you using? Also, do you have any specific formatting you are using?

Posts 2239
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 1:00 PM

Philana R. Crouch:
What OS are you using?

It is this shared workflow in the Public Section:

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 3159
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 1:42 PM

David Thomas:

Daniel Di Bartolo:
the new dark application theme

I generally like the dark mode option, But I have found a [Bug?] in custom workflows. In a Custom Workflow where I have added "text" to describe what is happening in the step. The font is black on dark grey and barely legible. This problem does NOT seem to present itself in the Logos Workflows.

Custom

Logos

Hi David,

I noticed the Workflow that has the issue is public. I will note that in the case so that developers can get a copy to fix it.

Posts 1813
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 2:01 PM

Thanks. This helps a lot with my vision problems.

Win 10 | Android 9 | Fire OS 5

Posts 4185
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 7:01 AM

Last night on my MacBook I had trouble seeing the headings in the Omasticon.  Anyone else having issues with certain books in dark mode?  A good way to fix that?

Posts 2455
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 7:14 AM

Confirmed. I know of no fix.

Posts 3159
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 1:34 PM

Mattillo:

Last night on my MacBook I had trouble seeing the headings in the Omasticon.  Anyone else having issues with certain books in dark mode?  A good way to fix that?

Can you give some examples of what resources you are having difficulty with?

Posts 4409
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 1:41 PM

Philana R. Crouch:

Mattillo:

Mattilo is, I think, referring to the just-released Onomasticon: https://www.logos.com/product/190966/the-onomasticon-by-eusebius-of-caesarea-palestine-in-the-fourth-century-ad

“God watches over the affairs of those who truly love him without their worrying about them.” - St. John of the Cross

Posts 4185
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 1:47 PM

SineNomine:

Philana R. Crouch:

Mattillo:

Mattilo is, I think, referring to the just-released Onomasticon: https://www.logos.com/product/190966/the-onomasticon-by-eusebius-of-caesarea-palestine-in-the-fourth-century-ad

That is correct! I was so excited to try Carta out so I tried this one first (Denise recommended it).  After I couldn't see the headings, I switched back to light mode and never went back.  If I see more I'll post here.

Posts 222
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 1:47 PM

Here is an example of the headings in the Omasticon that John mentioned.

Posts 2089
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 1:57 PM

This is an excellent step in the right direction. However, while I love the dark UI, I find it difficult to read on a dark background. Please enable the selection of resource background while in Dark Mode.

https://feedback.faithlife.com/boards/logos-desktop-app/posts/789 

Posts 18661
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 2:52 PM

Randy W. Sims:

This is an excellent step in the right direction. However, while I love the dark UI, I find it difficult to read on a dark background. Please enable the selection of resource background while in Dark Mode.

Voted for Dark Mode: Allow different resource backgrounds plus voted for => Toggle dark mode without restarting

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 785
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 3:19 PM

Randy W. Sims:

Agreed. The all-black look is very severe, it would be great to have the UI dark but have the resource backgrounds grey instead of black. I like all of the different shades of grey we currently have in the standard theme, please bring all those over for the dark theme. That's pretty much how the rest of my computer is set up, some stuff is light, some stuff is dark.

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS